Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Bandwagon Jumpers Need to Get Hurt Bad!

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Weapon X, Apr 27, 2006.

1. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

I get a text message from a fag I know that says "oh yeah, my Blue Jays are looking good this year."

Cool. They are looking good. Really good. The owner put tons of money into the payroll this year.
    Funny thing is, I asked him months ago to name THREE players in ALL OF BASEBALL - PAST OR PRESENT, excluding the few who were in front of congress this year. He said - "Kelly Hrudey" (who was the goalie for the LA Kings in the 90's - he meant Kelly Gruber) and stopped there.

This girl who I thought was a dear friend...well, I'm gonna have to make her check herself. I distinctly remember inviting her out to a ball game two years ago, and her answer was "Baseball sucks." Her current MSN picture is of Roy Halladay.

And this girl I used to go out with, she was a useless vegetarian alcoholic who knows NOTHING about sports (a lot of her friends are the vegan hip hop type or some shit), and everytime I see her on MSN, she's talking about how she loves "da Leafs" and wants to have Tucker's babies.

I hate this city; for real. So many people don't give a fuck about sports, but they pretend to. Motherfuckers giving people like me, who will fight to the death in honour of Tony Fernandez and Willie Upshaw, a bad name.

And if any of you read ESPN Magazine, you should check out Bill Simmons' article in this latest issue. Comparing Boston sports fans to LA sports fans...funny stuff.

2. Reuben Kinkaid

Reuben Kinkaid Elite Member

I hear you man. It's like here, nobody gave a shit about the Flames a few years ago when they were the worst team ever. Now the suddenly start winning, and we get the "Red Mile", and all this faggy shit. Granted Calgary is a hockey town, and I know a lot of people that were fans even when they sucked, but 90% of the people at the games nowadays couldn't give a fuck a few years ago...

3. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

I believe that. Wait until the Flames start charging $165 for semi-decent seats and all those oil company suit and ties buy them all up.

You go to a Leaf game, all the Platinum seats are empty for the first few minutes of the period. They're busy eating shrimp cocktails and discussing business. It makes me feel so bad for the homeless dudes sleeping on top of subway vents with their Leafs toque warming them.

4. count chocula

count chocula Veteran Member

5. Smart

Smart Dirty Dozen Crew

Shit, try having a team like the Bucanneers... NOTHING for 20 years, and I admit I wasn't living here when they first started, I was loving the Saints at that time. No difference in my mind because when I moved here neither of those teams had won anything. So, I just switched teams because they were both bottom of the barrel.

Now, realize that in my life I have only had 3 'teams'... First it was the Steelers, from like '75 - '81 but that was mostly because I liked their uniform and all the other kids were getting Dallas Cowboys stickers from Boog Powell (he owned a marina around my home). Next it was the Saints because where I lived was basically between Atlanta and New Orleans and I just liked NOLA better as a city. Then I moved here, and I explained that.

So, imagine my disgust when, after 10 years of gut wrenching loss and failure. we finally started fielding teams that had a chance AND SUDDENLY the fan base jumped up about %25. Then by the time we finally made it to the bowl suddenly EVERYBODY had some stupid flag in their car window and a sticker on their bumper... and now, just a couple short (and tough) years we're back down around the original+25% fanbase size...

At this point in my life though I only speak with strangers about sports in VERY general terms. I have friends to talk secific with... the rest of the folks just get a smile and a wave...

"Oh yeah, Jax-ville/Atlanta/Minnesota/Whoever has QUITE a team this year, should be a good one..."

6. Gunm

Gunm Banned

never really was into sports.....

like, maybe I'll check out some video on ebaumsworld or youtube but that's about it.

7. CACashRefund

CACashRefund 12oz Loyalist

that sounds about right

8. iloveboxcars

iloveboxcars 12oz Royalty

no shit. i hate how after every superbowl suddenly there's the winners name popping up everywhere.

STEELERS OH EM GEE.

9. 1/4FareMetrocard

1/4FareMetrocard 12oz Loyalist

imm gunnna hop on markos' bandwagon
    [​IMG]

10. 49ers TILL I DIE.

our bandwagon has been long since emptied out.

they all jumped over to the Raiders (aka 49er retirement camp)

11. count chocula

oh god
    next u'r gonna start talking up the giants

a big
    PSSSSSSSH to u porkie

12. im gonna punch you in your testicals you asshole

13. count chocula

considering they're forged from solid iron
    go right ahead

14. CACashRefund