Anti War Vandalism

Guest ToYs

im not sure if this is in the correct forum but hey imma post is anyway.

with all this shit going on in the world today i find it harder and harder to just sit back and watch. but what are we supposed to do? i for one am going to use the only skill i have to get my angst across. recently all over my small llittle town there have been "govt. funded murals" going up all around me. on all these blank ass walls these huge fucking patriotic pieces of shit have been forming. this shit is getting out of hand.

the other day i was skating around and blam! i saw this huge american flag on the side of this store, so i walk in and talk to the owner as to why he put it there. he replied by explaining that some state worker guy came in and explained that it was in the interest of the state that they would put up a mural, he also offered the owner alot of money to let them put it there.

What the fuck? am i the only one here that finds this ironic. anyone ever read 1984? if so "BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU" thats what im feeling right about now. so im gonna stop going out and painting for fame, im painting anti war stuff whereever i go. and please believe that patriotic murals are gonna get a big ol "no war for oil" thowie on them. and yeah i know what im doin wont change a thing but it sure as fuck makes me feel better about the situation.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I don't condone vandalism , but I have heard and seen the effects of other vandals go over and vandalise such "murals." not that you should do such illegal things however. it is best to just post it on the internet and hope the forces of democracy will change things..

yes hope democracy will work, just like with the most recent election.

just make sure you don't put your alias on the walls you do anti-war shit on, if you get caught just doing your thing (you know.. not anti-war graffiti) you will most likely get slapped with a treason charge, and lord knows you don't need that.

high priest, you have to be kidding me? although i may not agree with everything bush does, for you to say he's ignoring popular opinion regarding iraq is ignorant as fuck. well over half of the nation supports the war, the only reason it doesn't seem like it is because anti-war demonstrations are more abundant than anything pro-war, so that's what the media shows. and if you mean popular as in the entire world, you're wrong again, the coallition for this campaign against iraq is greater than it was in 1991 for desert storm. again, the media simply chooses to hound on france, germany, and russia not supporting the war.

Originally posted by freeze

high priest, you have to be kidding me? although i may not agree with everything bush does, for you to say he's ignoring popular opinion regarding iraq is ignorant as fuck. well over half of the nation supports the war, the only reason it doesn't seem like it is because anti-war demonstrations are more abundant than anything pro-war, so that's what the media shows. and if you mean popular as in the entire world, you're wrong again, the coallition for this campaign against iraq is greater than it was in 1991 for desert storm. again, the media simply chooses to hound on france, germany, and russia not supporting the war.

What im saying is that he had previously stated that public opinion wether it is for or against the war would not sway his actions, hence public opinion should be of no consequence to this kid either.. As far as the media being more towards the "ANTI WAR" opposition, id state that your " Ignorant as fuck" for actually believing any of that (If were talking about mainstream media in the U.S. )

i wasn't saying that the media was "anti-war." i was just pointing out that that's all they've been showing/reporting, the anti-war demonstrations. perhaps it's because there are either very few or no demonstrations in support of the war, but they're not shown. that's why it seems as though the majority of the public are opposing the war.

it also seems (by my observations alone) that it's a helluva lot tougher to voice pro-war opinions than it is to voice the opposite. every time i try to engage in any sort of "educational" type debate with someone over the conflict, they get all loud and pissy every time i make a point they disagree with. so basically, all pro-war sentiment isn't spoken as much as anti-war and therefore not heard as much.

i personally have taken to what "toys" was speaking of earlier in the thread, only the opposite. instead of painting anti-war shit, i've painted and posted pro-war shit everywhere. i decided it was the only way i could release some of the frustrations i've had trying to support my government. it's funny as fuck to me to watch everyone who's against the war get upset and start tearing down my (legal) fliers. then, when i confront them on why they're destroying my fliers they reply with some bullshit about how the war is anti-democratic and my posters are promoting something against what our government is founded on. when i then point out that they are doing the same thing by tearing down my posters, they get even more pissy and start yelling at me about how bush is the tyrant and blah blah blah.

overall, and i don't mean to speak for everybody, because i'm certainly in no position to do that, but i think that the majority of those who oppose the war are highly uneducated on the topic and don't understand the resulting consequences of refraining from war with iraq let alone the true consequences of the actual war. wow, that was quite the rant, but whatever.

Guest uncle-boy
Originally posted by ToYs

and please believe that patriotic murals are gonna get a big ol "no war for oil" thowie on them.

you stupid shit, the war isnt about oil.

i hope someone sees you doing it and beats your ass.;)

Re: Re: Anti War Vandalism

Originally posted by uncle-boy

you stupid shit, the war isnt about oil.

i hope someone sees you doing it and beats your ass.;)

:beat2: = me

Archived