NYC deploys National Guard to do subway bag checks

mr.yuck

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Never talk shit about Subway Slap AKA Hand of God Slap, one of the greatest NYC subway moments ever.

I don't follow rates and numbers.  There has been all sorts of shit happening in the subway but I'm not sure any of it is new or more than usual.  Other day a rando person cracked a bottle over a train conductor's head as the conductor leaned out the window.  A lady, formerly of the DA's office no less, hit a subway performer on the head with a bottle as he played his instrument busking.  Crazy people and others push people onto the tracks regularly enough.  To me, just another Bronx Tale.

Post 911 saw National Guard and other military deployed to the subways, train stations, airports, you still see that sometimes.  Also during Stop & Frisk it was pretty routine to see cops at certain subway stops stopping people, checking bags, etc.  Definitely not cool, but NYers flipping out now didn't live through that I guess or didn't care when it didn't affect them.

I'm not a fan of having the military there to perform these tasks.  On the other hand, NYPD is built on a history of corruption, racism, etc., and having them there to try to enforce anything seems slightly pointless as well.

• Truth 2

People there hate that shit. They've just given up on trying to do, or thinking it's possible to do shit because the constitution literally doesn't exist in that shithole. So many people live/vote there that are from other places in the world where rights doesn't exist, and so many people there that could give a fuck less, so the authorities can do whatever they want.

I was there for the last time they decided to just search your shit in 2006 when England had a series of subway bombings. Nobody there gives a fuck. Instead of actually trying to fight crime, the police spend more time prosecuting people who fight back against criminals, than they do actual criminals. That's why people there just film when shit goes down, and nobody ever gets involved, they'll go to jail for trying to help and the person who started something they couldn't finish will be awarded something in a law suit.

Suburban, small town Americans that have transplanted there are still naive enough to think the NYP scum will protect them, and it's hard watching their delusion get broke when they find out what's really happening. "Do you think I'll get my stuff back" officer: "laughs". They'll sometimes be shocked the police don't give a single fuck, and say something like" I pay your wages" again, officer "laughs". They know you don't have a choice. It's like asking the mafia to be moral because they're squeezing you for protection money. Little do the naive out of towners know by looking like you've got something to lose, like a job, or a future, you've put a huge target on your back. Again, if you fight back the police will arrest you. There's no investigation to see who "started it" or anything, just handcuffs and cases.

Those cops could give 2 shits on weather they're breaking the law in their own country's core legal document. They do exactly as their told, by the most corrupt city government that's ever existed in America. In closing, fuck NYPD. 

• Like 1

Perfect example. Today some racist ass black dude came on a train in NYC looking for a fight. Starts to focus on a dude basically minding his own business. They start fighting, and the aggressor eventually pulls out a gun. The dude defending himself wrestles the gun away from him and caps him. Now the NYPD is deciding what they're going to charge the dude with for shooting the aggressor with his own gun.

Edited by Mercer

4 hours ago, Mercer said:

Perfect example. Today some racist ass black dude came on a train in NYC looking for a fight. Starts to focus on a dude basically minding his own business. They start fighting, and the aggressor eventually pulls out a gun. The dude defending himself wrestles the gun away from him and caps him. Now the NYPD is deciding what they're going to charge the dude with for shooting the aggressor with his own gun.

Crazy! Had to watch it again to figure out why he pulled the glizzy, didn’t catch dude getting poked in the back a couple of times at first. Did the attacker survive?

• Like 1

Detail and further context..... don't know what charge the NYPD arrested dude for but they decided he will not be charged.

Context-wise, the other reason(s) that get mixed in to this military response are the immigrants being shipped into NYC, and the current DA's soft on crime approach.  The immigrant piece is the argument that more immigrants = more crime and NYC is not doing enough to crack down on illegal activity by migrants.  The DA piece, normally I'd be in favor of a "soft" approach to crime, but this idiot DA is doing it all wrong.  You might expect that low level offenders, especially non-violet ones, are the ones who would benefit, while more serious crimes would be prosecuted more.  Instead there have been a number of instances where violent offenders are released with or without bail with the expected results ensuing.    None of this requires a military response of course, but that's what's going on.  Yay NYC, melting pot and shit.