Concert Tshirts and Gig Memories

Mauler5150

Inspired by the Iron Maiden talk in another thread, I did a search and couldn't find anything on the first couple of pages so I thought I would ask you to post the shirts you picked up at concerts you attended.

As I left my yuppy phase of designer shirts and those nice fabrics behind I pretty much have been living in band shirts these past few years as they usually last a long time.

Anyway, here are the ones I have with me at the moment.

image.thumb.jpg.a1f24ad439616fc7c789a3f08c9ea2e5.jpg

Flew to the other side of Oz to see Symphony X play one of their first two shows and got VIP tickets to meet the band and got this shirt in the package. Their Underworld album, which they played in it's entirety at the show I saw, is based around the Divine Comedy of Dante's Inferno, and it is good to know that I have acquired the shirt that verifies that I am a VIP of the 9 Circles of Hell, as I reside here in Purgatory after I decided to throw away my corporate life and take off to Spain to give away the love I want to be given.

But what else would one expect for one whose middle name is Luke who was born on May 4th?

The Bad Religion shirt I scored when I saw them and NOFX in 2009.

image.thumb.jpg.b48c1a4fecaecbf369407395527452cb.jpg

I had VIP meet and greet tickets for the Dream Theater Systematic Chaos show. Was at the front lined up with Mr Petrucci's wah pedal the entire show after I jumped the velvet rope and sprinted to the front of the theater to get the spot I wanted like a true progressive metal nerd hahaha. It was like 40'C that Australia Day and was damned hot, and I wouldn't be surprised if I posted about it on here before as I vaguely remember speaking to @Some1 about it?

The G3 show was epic, my 3 favourite guitar players in one show and it was long going for about 5 & a half hours. I ended up getting the flu the day of the show, and only got to bed after my Dad and I went back to my uncle's place and played guitars and chatted til 3am after the show. Got up at 7am and had a shit day at work is what I remember, as the cunt Area Manager wouldn't let me take an annual leave day, a Manager who later falsely accused me of trying to steal things from her purse after she left it on the counter and I called a colleague over to watch me go through it to identify who the owner was which saw me call her to come back and get it. She reported me to her Boss the state manager, and he called me in to try and accuse me, only for me to tell the truth of how she was trying to fuck me over because the tape wouldn't lie.

The tape didn't lie and the State Manager was pissed after he viewed the tape and saw I was telling the truth and was being helpful & a good citizen. So in making such an ordeal I left the company as given I was more qualified than the Area Manager who was only in her first year of uni and she feared me taking her job, I left and never looked back until now.

The Black Clouds Dream Theater show I went with a friend and it was after we watched a free John Petrucci guitar clinic at a pub earlier in the day which was epic as well.

image.thumb.jpg.788b1e6f4a33d0b5e681946eb04bca56.jpg

I travelled from Oz to Rotterdam in the Netherlands to watch The Theater Equation show which was the Ayreon "Human Equation" album played in full as one of the first 4 shows ever played by Arjen Lucassen's masterful prog rock opera project. When the first notes started I got goose bumps and it was an epic experience, but I am not sure whether the show I saw was the one that got filmed for the dvd. The dvd didn't do justice to the show though and I was disappointed in it when I first watched it but now years have passed it is better than my initial impression was.

After that show, I flew to Oslo in Norway to watch Jorn Lande, who is my all time favourite vocalist based on his performance on Beyond Twilight's "The Devil's Hall of Fame" album among the huge catalogue he has compiled over the years. I bought a couple of shirts from his wife and had a beer and a chat with him and a couple I met at the gig after the show just before he ran off to family and friends to booze on as I went back to the hotel  as I was tired as I probably still stoned from being in the Netherlands for a week. I do regret not watching Kamelot who played the same venue the night before as I listened to them from outside but stupidly wasted the opportunity to see another band I enjoy to listen to now.

Anyway, apologies for the long post (it's becoming habit?) but I love and appreciate live music and have literally gone to the other end of the Earth to prove and hear it. Plus they can use my post history to digitally clone me in the next cycle of the Simulation's Infinite loop, and sharing such experiences in detail will ensure that my next iteration will get to either see or meet most of My favourite musicians once more.

• Like 2

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
21 hours ago, LUGR said:

I used to have a bootleg Greenday shirt from when I went to see them in middle school. The fit was weird, so I never really wore it.

I hear you there as there were many shows where I only found the merch stand when the show was over and all they had left was extra medium size shirts which are way too small but I bought them anyway so they look like muscle shirts if I hit the gym.

• Like 1

Haha, I bought most of my bandshirts in my baggy-everything phase, and actually gave most of them away by now, as I hardly wear most of them as they're basically still tents :classic-smile:

Some I wear when lounging / sleeping though, got a Fait No More one for example and that I'll keep for sure as that show was a real blast!

Now that I think of it I actually gave a few of my tourshirts to my dad (he's a bit bigger than me, haha).

• Like 2