Summer Transfers

User007

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Liverpool out played Real Madrid in champions. Courtois is just a fucking monster in GK. I’m excited to see how champions plays out this year with so much movement going on in every club league. 

Im also pissed about how World Cup is established this year. Mid season play. Just to accommodate a place that has no place hosting to begin with.

That was a harsh way to lose that CL final.  If you’re a stats guy Courtois stopped something like 4 goals above expected.  The finger tip save onto his post at 0-0 was incredible and I knew we were going to get goalied.  Oh well.

Its funny how now just a few months before the WC is slated to start that all of the sudden the Qatar human rights abuses are allowed to come under scrutiny.

• Like 1

https://www.france24.com/en/video/20220622-world-cup-qatar-will-enforce-sex-ban-for-unmarried-couples

this is some insane shit. I feel like the World Cup being sold to Qatar is going to end up poorly. A lot of rumors are they will buy out the stadium just so no one can go. Oil money ruining a world event. But time will tell. 

Canada is struggling with being a part of it due to pay discrepancy. Hoping you guys get the team in order in time to participate.

• 4 weeks later...

Tottenham’s looking like a real threat this year. They’re gonna be a menace in champions. 

Happy with Chelsea’s upgraded back line. Sterling was obviously a good sign, but I’m worried he isn’t a true striker the way he should be.

So much turn around on every level at Chelsea. Optimistic but I could also see them having a subpar year due to lack of time to find balance as a squad.

couple more weeks and the chaos begins 🤙🏼🤙🏼

• 2 weeks later...

Liverpool looked like absolute dogshit today. Barely scraping by with a draw against a team fresh off relegation. 

After seeing them against man city in the community shield last week, I expected a lot more.

Tottenham worked as expected. Strong strike and aggressive play.

Chelsea really disappointing me with the strike today. 1-0 win over Everton isn’t acceptable. They pain themselves with having so many Bundesliga transplants on their front line. They’re just not able to keep up with Premier league pace. Sterling looking fast and aggressive but I don’t think he has the finish we need to put real points up.

13 hours ago, Dark_Knight said:

Liverpool looked like absolute dogshit today. Barely scraping by with a draw against a team fresh off relegation. 

After seeing them against man city in the community shield last week, I expected a lot more.

Tottenham worked as expected. Strong strike and aggressive play.

Chelsea really disappointing me with the strike today. 1-0 win over Everton isn’t acceptable. They pain themselves with having so many Bundesliga transplants on their front line. They’re just not able to keep up with Premier league pace. Sterling looking fast and aggressive but I don’t think he has the finish we need to put real points up.

Eh? Fulham just got promoted and have the Champions bounce factor that's why they got the draw, caught LFC cold.

On 6/25/2022 at 4:29 PM, metronome said:

I do the same thing @fat ralphy but the work duties always come first.

@Dark_Knight I am a Liverpool supporter but I come by it honestly.  My dad was born there and I’ve been watching since the early 90s right as their dynasty was coming to the end.

Where in Mersyside is your Dad from? I used to

Work up there in the 90's..

• 3 weeks later...