4chan

KILZ FILLZ

I heard this take somewhere else but thought it might be an interesting thread starter —-

doesn’t it seem wild that 4chan WENT FROM a loli/perv/pedo haven

and TURNED INTO the group of people trying to label celebs as pedo and do digi detective work to unearth the cabal of global elite pedophile rings?

what a goddamn pivot. 

• Truth 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

4 Chan has always represented both the best, and the worst of the internet since forever. Don't really sift through it anymore, but I used to lurk there pretty hard. No lie I made some serious money off of an IOTA pump and dump they coordinated back during the ICO boom 2017-18 ish. A lot of people talk shit on 4 chan because of all the intentionally offensive shit/humor on there and miss the gems, honestly can't respect anyone who's actually offended by that shit.

• Like 2

Can't really put that genie back in the bottle but yeah I miss the old internet... USENET, Napster and 12oz. Was hard to recognize at the time and easy to see now, but Friendster was the beginning of the end. Also the more time that passes, the more I keep seeing how obvious that the smartphone also helped usher in its demise. Might be convenient to pull your phone out to swipe and scroll for a few minutes constantly throughout the day, but really all's we got was a shittier experience online and a shittier real life experience in exchange for that convenience.

• Like 3
  • Truth 1

19 minutes ago, misteraven said:

Can't really put that genie back in the bottle but yeah I miss the old internet... USENET, Napster and 12oz. Was hard to recognize at the time and easy to see now, but Friendster was the beginning of the end. Also the more time that passes, the more I keep seeing how obvious that the smartphone also helped usher in its demise. Might be convenient to pull your phone out to swipe and scroll for a few minutes constantly throughout the day, but really all's we got was a shittier experience online and a shittier real life experience in exchange for that convenience.

almost like silicon valley knows 🙄

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/silicon-valley-parents-raising-their-kids-tech-free-red-flag-2018-2%3famp

DC644246-3E99-4F69-8035-A71D1206EEDF.jpeg

• Like 1