ICE officials now forcibly feeding detainees on hunger strike.

Mercer

They come into your cell and hold you down, one of them forces a tube into your nose and down your throat which is extremely painful, then as they hold you down  they squeeze a food mixture of some sort into your stomach. Your nose and throat will bleed, remain sore. Bottom line, you are not allowed to turn down meals. They do the same thing with water too. The criminals considered this a "medical necessity" yet it's illegal for any doctor licensed in the U.S. to take part in forced feeding, or any other medical procedure against a sane person's will for that matter. I consider this a form of government sanctioned torture, and pure disrespect to the idea that individuals have sovereignty over their own bodies.

Imagine, being accused of a victimless crime, a misdemeanor and not being allowed the usual means to defend yourself, while your accuser places the burden of proof fully on the defendant. Guilty, unless somehow you can prove your innocence and even then it could take years, and natural born US citizens have even been held for years and even deported.

https://www.snopes.com/ap/2019/08/15/attorney-officials-force-feeding-immigrant-on-hunger-strike/

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
On 8/16/2019 at 12:47 AM, Hua Guofang said:

It’s hard to imagine another liberal democracy treating people asylum seekers, refugees

Problem is most of the people in these detention centers aren't that.

If youre a migrant looking for a "better life" you arent owed entry into the US, much less illegally.

@misteraven Is there a consistent logic that can be applied regarding forced feedings/IV drips to people undergoing legal proceedings, suspected of a misdemeanor? A logic that can be applied to, translated consistently to fall in line with the other concepts regarding liberty?

If so, how would one draw a border (pun intended) around this logics application here specifically.  What would prevent politicians from taking it further, and further, eventually passing very intrusive laws at some point in the future. A couple of admittedly unlikely examples include sterilizing political dissidents, or high school students with low GPA's, maybe 51% percent of the public thinks forced gender reassignment surgery is a fitting punishment for anyone convicted of not "checking their privilege" when addressing a trans person. Unlikely, but you get the picture where we're going by allowing this.

I just think I should have to consent to what goes inside my body. Taking the concept further (most people won't agree) if I wanted to end my own life with a bullet, pills, or a hunger strike it's my decision. Or should the government just decide everything important for me?

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 1