SONGS in SCENES

One Man Banned

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

These Danes have slick production and a nice little playlist of pop soundtrack, I cringe a little when I see orchestras doing starwars or lord of the rings and whatnot because it just comes off as pandering and tacky but they seem to do it well and with a chick composer too which you never see.

5 hours ago, morton said:

I reject the premise and move to open the thread to all movie, television and theater music and tracks, including musicals and comercials.

image.png.5915385ccbe2203c35aafb587776752d.png

Going to have to reject your rejection.  There are similar threads for what you propose if you look, and if you're going to ignore the whole premise you may as well make a new thread for what appears to be songs from movies and people covering songs from movies.

7 minutes ago, morton said:

So the content must resonate in the culture with such clarity that the association is presumed? That seems like an extraordinary and arbitrary bar to meet.

Did you reject a premise you didn't understand?  None of the first songs listed were made for a movie.  After being used for a scene, especially like in the first two, a mental connection is made such that hearing that song from then on will conjure up images of that scene.  There's not a shit ton of songs that do that, so it is a little more challenging than finding a symphony orchestra playing the Star Wars theme.

Right, out of the three you posted only "stuck in the middle" would hit that hard for me, further if If it is not a unique piece the waters get muddy pretty quick. It is too challenging whereas to find interesting music associated with film is a pretty reasonable thing to do.

However, I will respect your vision as it is your thread after all.  

from an early heath ledger movie  Filmed in Sydney  around 99

not a great ending but features Blinky's photos where I used to get pics developed occasionally if I was desperate 

shows Sydney's Kings Cross in the 90's when it was still rad before the govt fucked it.

the adidas snap trackies aswell. all the street kids that used to rock them

• 1 month later...