THE AMERICAN GOVERNMENT IS REGULATING YOUR FOOD, YO!

50million

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're so missing the point.

Most people don't live in hippie communities.

Most people have never even been to a farmers market.

But even the very few who do, shouldn't be subject to some random crackhead slanging bullshit that they grew where ever, however and using whatever chemicals to do so.

Like I said, you're swinging your bat in the wrong direction.

I've been to farmers markets all throughout my life all over the south. Nothing quite like eating real food grown as it's meant to be. The taste is completely different (read: way better than the shit you get at your local grocery store).

It's funny how you think it could be grown by a "crackhead". Apparently, you've never experienced farm life. Not the job for a crackhead.

Also: milk that hasn't be pasteurized is the best shit in the world.

/No hippie. yes meat.

I am so outrageous,

I wear my pride on my sleeve like a bracelet

If God had an iPod, I’d be on his playlist

My phrases amazes the faces in places

The favorite,

My cup over-runneth with hundreds

Dummy, damnit, not like for me to waste it

The new Commandment; thou shalt not hate kid

My Movement is like the Civil Rights, I’m Ralph David

Abernathy, so call my lady Rosa Parks

"I am nothing like them niggas, baby those are marks"

I met this girl on Valentine's Day, fucked her in May

She found out about April, so she chose to March

Damn, another broken heart

I keep bitches by the twos nigga - Noah’s Ark

I got a seven on me, I call my 'dro the mark

Plus a Trojan in my pocket - Matt Leinart

G-A-T in the Pathfinder

'Cause you haters got PHDs

Y’all just some Major Haters and some Math Minors

Tiger Woods don’t make me grab iron

I am so outrageous,

I wear my pride on my sleeve like a bracelet

If God had an iPod, I’d be on his playlist

My phrases amazes the faces in places

The favorite,

My cup over-runneth with hundreds

Dummy, damnit, not like for me to waste it

The new Commandment; thou shalt not hate kid

My Movement is like the Civil Rights, I’m Ralph David

Abernathy, so call my lady Rosa Parks

"I am nothing like them niggas, baby those are marks"

I met this girl on Valentine's Day, fucked her in May

She found out about April, so she chose to March

Damn, another broken heart

I keep bitches by the twos nigga - Noah’s Ark

I got a seven on me, I call my 'dro the mark

Plus a Trojan in my pocket - Matt Leinart

G-A-T in the Pathfinder

'Cause you haters got PHDs

Y’all just some Major Haters and some Math Minors

Tiger Woods don’t make me grab iron

But then then who are you going to blame when more salmonella and e-coli epidemics break out?

well....peanuts. that shit effected a lot of people because it was a huge industrial facility and put their peanuts in a lot of products.

if you had small producers, or you were taking responsibility for yourself, less people would get hurt.

yes, optimal number of people effected would be 0 but we dont live in a perfect world. 5 vs 1,000 = much better

I've been to farmers markets all throughout my life all over the south. Nothing quite like eating real food grown as it's meant to be. The taste is completely different (read: way better than the shit you get at your local grocery store).

It's funny how you think it could be grown by a "crackhead". Apparently, you've never experienced farm life. Not the job for a crackhead.

Also: milk that hasn't be pasteurized is the best shit in the world.

/No hippie. yes meat.

You live in one of the most bumfuckest states of the bible belt.

Of course you have.

And what's to prevent some meth head from slanging you some tainted food?

You see, that's the problem with you middle America motherfuckers.

You can't comprehend the fact that most people don't even know a 5th of their community, and without government regulation would be subject to blatant snakeoilism.

And yes... even in the food industry.

Even more so than we are now.

We need even more government regulation to rid us of the shit that 50 has been speaking on.

You live in one of the most bumfuckest states of the bible belt.

Of course you have.

And what's to prevent some meth head from slanging you some tainted food?

You see, that's the problem with you middle America motherfuckers.

You can't comprehend the fact that most people don't even know a 5th of their community, and without government regulation would be subject to blatant snakeoilism.

And yes... even in the food industry.

Even more so than we are now.

We need even more government regulation to rid us of the shit that 50 has been speaking on.

Really? Meth heads are much too lazy and out scoring meth to a) farm and b) sell anything (they pawn shit).

Yes, that is the problem with us middle America motherfuckers. We like the shit the way it's been done for 1,000's of fucking years.

I know a lot of my community.

"Snakeoilism" Nice word, faggot.

Yeah, we need to gummint to tell us what we can eat. We also need them to tell us how many plies we can have in our toilet paper, how many times we can wipe, and when we can

tell people about it. Gummint is good, Mongo like gummint. Mongo like regulations. Most importantly, Mongo like banana.

• Like 1

well....peanuts. that shit effected a lot of people because it was a huge industrial facility and put their peanuts in a lot of products.

if you had small producers, or you were taking responsibility for yourself, less people would get hurt.

yes, optimal number of people effected would be 0 but we dont live in a perfect world. 5 vs 1,000 = much better

I also remember spinach and lettuce in recent history.

How should we prevent that from happening without regulation?

Newsflash: capitalists do whatever they can to avoid responsibility.

Their only interest is churning the buck.

That's why they get away with exactly what you've mentioned in this thread.

That's why they need to be regulated, to ensure that they're being responsible.

I also remember spinach and lettuce in recent history.

How should we prevent that from happening without regulation?

Newsflash: capitalists do whatever they can to avoid responsibility.

That's why they need to be regulated, to ensure that they're being responsible.

Mongo loooooove gummint! More gummint!

Really? Meth heads are much too lazy and out scoring meth to a) farm and b) sell anything (they pawn shit).

Yes, that is the problem with us middle America motherfuckers. We like the shit the way it's been done for 1,000's of fucking years.

I know a lot of my community.

"Snakeoilism" Nice word, faggot.

Yeah, we need to gummint to tell us what we can eat. We also need them to tell us how many plies we can have in our toilet paper, how many times we can wipe, and when we can

tell people about it. Gummint is good, Mongo like gummint. Mongo like regulations. Most importantly, Mongo like banana.

Meth heads are the complete opposite of lazy.

Either way, I was using that as an example.

Nobody's talking about a government telling you what you can't eat, we're talking about government regulation telling you what you can and can not SELL to the public.

Nobodies going to arrest you for eating your dogs shit and calling it chocolate, but if you try and pedal that shit to the public then you damned well better be arrested or at least shut the fuck down.

The way shit's been done for hundreds (not thousands) of years in middle America does not apply to the majority of Americans who do not live in the fucking bible belt.

And "snakeoilism" was an accurate word. So accurate that your only comeback was to call me a faggot.

You mad?

What if i was to tell you that last big breakout of ecoli was caused by a small cattle ranch who sold to a wholesale distributor? It's not exactly a good idea to just make laws for the big farms when regulation is needed for the small, green, organic farms as well.

Meth heads are the complete opposite of lazy.

Either way, I was using that as an example.

Nobody's talking about a government telling you what you can't eat, we're talking about government regulation telling you what you can and can not SELL to the public.

Nobodies going to arrest you for eating your dogs shit and calling it chocolate, but if you try and pedal that shit to the public then you damned well better be arrested or at least shut the fuck down.

The way shit's been done for hundreds (not thousands) of years in middle America does not apply to the majority of Americans who do not live in the fucking bible belt.

And "snakeoilism" was an accurate word. So accurate that your only comeback was to call me a faggot.

You mad?

People have been growing food for a long ass time. Some would say 1,000's of years. Prior to that, food fell from the great Liberal space ship piloted by Kanye West and Barrack Obama.

Snakeoilism...you mean "quackery". Dummy.

Bible belt has nothing to do with farming.

Eat a dick.

manufacture means to use tools/labor to produce things for use or sale.

So yes, you are manufacturing lemons in your back yard.

No because im not a business. ANYWAY, H.R. 875 (the bill) defines food production facilities as “any farm, ranch, orchard, vineyard, aquaculture facility, or confined animal-feeding operation.” This definition can be found under Section 3, number 14 of the bill. Also "An agreement brokered by Democratic Sen. Jon Tester of Montana would attempt to allay those concerns, allowing farmers who make less than $500,000 a year in revenue and sell directly to consumers, restaurants or grocery stores within their states or within 275 miles of their farms to avoid expensive food safety plans required of larger operations. State and local authorities would still have oversight over those farms."

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2010/11/17/national/w000333S71.DTL

http://delauro.house.gov/files/HR875_Myths_Facts1.pdf

People have been growing food for a long ass time. Some would say 1,000's of years.

Hahaha. Some idiot that i used to hang out with five years ago told me yesterday that i throw out a lot of random shit, so here's me being me i guess:

Civilization has always been about food production. The first cities were actually built to house people after the invention of agriculture some 9000-10000 years ago. Since crops were seasonal, they'd put their slaves to work building shit in the off season. Sucks knowing those jews spent their summers in Egypt building pyramids.

THere needs to be government regulation of food because as much as the food industry wants to regulate themselves, they don't deserve it. Not while they're marketing products like chocolate milk as "fat free" while it has as much sugar as soda.

You're gonna tell me that cuz someone slaps a label on something saying that there isn't any fat in it, which there isn't, you are gonna then argue that they are dishonest cuz the sugar content is just as high as soda? you gotta be fucking retarded! when the label says fat free and no sugar the talk about it, until then stop being led around by the nose and become a conscience consumer.

unbelievable that i even had to comment on that shit... :rolleyes:

You're gonna tell me that cuz someone slaps a label on something saying that there isn't any fat in it, which there isn't, you are gonna then argue that they are dishonest cuz the sugar content is just as high as soda? you gotta be fucking retarded! when the label says fat free and no sugar the talk about it, until then stop being led around by the nose and become a conscience consumer.

unbelievable that i even had to comment on that shit... :rolleyes:

Thats because you dont understand concept one of nutritional science. Do you even know what sugars and fat are? Read a book sometime, you internet arguing stud you. I'd be happy to answer specific questions but im far to lazy to teach a whole basic class on it.

Allowing the food industry to regulate itself is to say we should stay the course, meaning my generation is going to live 10 years less than the generation before me. And before you go on that retarded "who fucking wants to live till 90 anyway?" rant, it's a quality of life issue. Signs of aging will happen sooner. Malnourishment leads to cancer, disease, balding, obesity, disorders on every level from organs to the brain to genetics, meaning your spermies pass on the effects of your eating habits. And when you compare kids, smart vs dumb, big vs tall, athletic vs weak, the most important variable is nutrition.