The best Era in music.

earl broclo ESQ

Best Era in Music  

110 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

No. I don't want the Voodoo Glowskulls to be the next Grateful Dead. Ska was a lot of fun though when I was a kid and I still like the original Jamaican ska and the British Ska. Hell, I still even like a lot American ska. Hepcat, The Slackers, Stubborn All-Stars, and The Pacers. The Pacers were the fucking shit. Probably one of the best live bands I ever saw.

I just think the world would be a better place if all these wanna be MC's with their demos, took a long look in the mirror and noticed they all sound the exact same. Maybe it's just my opinion, but shit is just lazy now.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As aforementioned, most of the people posting in here have terrible taste in music.

across the board, across all genres.

theres an obvious difference between someone who likes music and someone with no soul.

and im definitely not talking about yall's house music conversation haha

just carry on with that homies.

my banny sense is tingling

that kenlou song is fucking awesome.

im not so much in love with the music as i am with the memories i have when i hear the songs. when i first started hitting clubs pulling all nighters in highschool, those were some of the best times in my life as a kid.

OH YOUR "BANNY SENSE"

AM I OUT OF LINE HERE TO SAY THAT WAS DIRECTED AT ME?

FUCK OUTTA HERE YOU NERD.

im feelin all of it across the board, i didnt cast a vote cause i would honestly lose sleep over "choosing"

Yeah, this was kind of my reason for making the thread. It's impossible to really say ONE era, but it makes you kind of think why those eras are important.

As for your original comment that I questioned you about (the whole thing about nobody in this thread having any soul), I think you're wrong. I knew you weren't talking about the house music conversation, but the thread as a whole, and that's why you're wrong.

For you to come at me and say I have no soul and that I'm a faggot and don't know shit about music --you're off point fool. I'll bet your under 25 years old. Age might not be relevant due to all the google searches and what not, but when you post Gorilla Biscuits, I can only laugh because I was at those shows when you were learning how to finger paint. So telling me I don't have soul and I'm a know nothing faggot is a kick in the dick. I definitely have pride in my knowledge of music and what I like. In my life I've met so many people who pigeon hole themselves to one genre and make that their identity, or people who just don't try and only listen to what is on the FM dial. I take pride in the fact that I can honestly appreciate music for more than you give me credit for, and find the soul in anything from Slapshot and Sick of it All to Candido and Ramsey Lewis. To have some kid who's probably 10+ years younger than me call me a know nothing faggot with his hand me down knowledge is insulting.

So yeah:

3997421562_2535e16799_o.jpg

But not really because this is the internet and shit rolls off my back like piss on a frog. I just think you were wrong in your comment and looked like a fucking douche. Instead of calling everyone shit, you could have just joined in on the conversation. It's all a matter of opinion anyways, and opinions are like assholes, everyone has one and someone probably thinks yours stinks as well.

i missed the target with your definition of house music was what i was trying to convey in the pic.

Oh, I see now. Yeah, the stuff you posted isn't house music to me. I guess it would be considered by some to be that, but I think House is more soulful than bugbot or whatever you posted. That's no diss to you, it's just that house music really came out of disco and R&B, then evolved into all the different sub genres. What you posted, to me, is that rave/club stuff from exactly the time you were partying in high school. I remember all that and we always called it techno. It all kind of blended together though I guess, and that's how we got progressive and hard house or tech house or whatever. The purist would say Frankie Knuckles and what he developed in Chicago is real house music.

I actually hated ravers and all that when I was in high school, and didn't get into house music until I was 21 and met a girl who introduced me to ecstasy and the club scene. I think the only good thing to come out of that relationship was my interest in electronic music and urge to buy turntables and a mixer. All the good memories only lasted so long before they got foggy, but I still have my tables and a solid crate of good house music.

Historically, original House is Chicago's warehouse parties, but that was created by transplants from L.A. and NYC. NYC's disco era, with the spots like The Paradise Garage and Mancuso's Loft, is where the whole culture began and it was mostly gay men. That's why house is stigmatized as "gay."

Frankie Bones started out in the aftermath of Larry Levin and all those guys, and did play house but he's mostly known for being a Techno innovator as well as an originator of NYC's club scene that eventually became the Rave scene.

It's funny you said the drug thing. I found that I liked the music more when I stopped doing all the drugs. I also stopped listening to some of it because of sobriety.

Like DJ Keoki. Fuck that douche with a telephone pole.