Graffiti Program

DRscribblez

Is 'The Third Rails' Business Proposal Something of Interest?  

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I am conducting research on a possible future Business Plan I have created for an entrepreneurship project for school and wanted to gather actual feedback about my plan from actual graffiti artists, since my opinion would be biased.

"Our business would be a unique facility that will act as a place to attract people in the community involved in graffiti activity. The name of the business is The Third Rail. The goal of the business is to decrease the amount of graffiti activity in highly active urban areas where the activity is illegal and provide a place where people can legally graffiti our specially designed warehouse."

Through this, we will decrease the illegal activity, putting lost money pack into the hit businesses pockets, increasing the companies reasorces, which in turn utilizes companies full potential, which naturally benifits the economy as a whole, all while channeling a new perception of a degraded art-form.

So, would this business plan be something of interest to you as a writer?

Could we expect support from you by any means, such as investments, donations, attendance, or even word of mouth advertisment?

Would you be interested in being part of a 'Street Team' that helps market, advertise, and recruit new members? Involvement and participation would tally under a point system, which would go towards anything from supplies to time in the facility.

Any feedback or comments would be appriciated.

Thank you,

DRscribblez

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Well thanks for all the feedback.

Honestly, being a writer myself, i figured most of the answers given would in fact be given. However, there were great points i had not thought about, for instance:

Another thing you gotta think about is what if a writer who writes illegaly wants in? Is he going to have to stop writing illegally or no?

-To answer that, i guess the answer would be no, we would not and could not enforce the termination of tagging illegally, but we could suggest it. Maby create a program that changes your wants... For instance a reward system or something similar to AA meetings or marriage counciling?

I just wanted to see if possibly this would be something plausible.

Oh you mean like a legal wall, wait a second those already exist and have done nothing to stop people from painting illegally

-The difference would be that the warehouse would be supervised, and sectioned so toys cannot tag on rooms designated to kings and such. (ect.) There would be 'levels' to keep some order, because with legal walls, peices dont really last very long...

Also, we planned to photograph the most impressive peices and create an online museum dedicated to the art created in our facility.

Again, thanks for all the great feedback. We have already begun taking in the advice and using it to make our business plan possibly more succesful.

a big problem you will run into is the first day you open, after everyone paints inside, they're going to bomb the outsides of your warehouse too, and everything else in the general neighborhood.

then you're going to look bad to the community because you will be viewed as the cause.

a big problem you will run into is the first day you open, after everyone paints inside, they're going to bomb the outsides of your warehouse too, and everything else in the general neighborhood.

then you're going to look bad to the community because you will be viewed as the cause.

I would like the warehouse to be painted as well, and for the 'general neighborhood' maby we can put surveillence outside our warehouse to protect at least surrounding businesses. But i am aware there will be those who still rebel against the system, but hopefully the good outweighs the bad. We can even have graffiti clean-up programs to help out with what we might create...

Your contributing to the commercialization of the art form

This is actually a secondary goal of the business. Through my business, hopefully people will be exposed to what many see as an art, and companies, private contractors, etc. might apreciate it and want to higher an artist for their business.

Overall, i do want graffiti to be accepted as an art form, and not only in the hip-hop community. I want it to be placed in museums next to Andy Warhol.

I don't think this would reduce graffiti. Same as skateboarding...sure, there's parks, but some people like skating street. You can put bumps on ledges and fence stuff and try to make a curb/legde/hip/bank/handrail hard to skate but people are going to find a way if they really want to do it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...