Carbonated shit water: The "You might be drinking shit" thread

lord_casek

i got this water zero purification hookup. The water tastes dead to me... I suppose water isn't

supposed to taste like anything so i should be happy about this. What i am excited about is this

little sensor thing that tests the water. My tap water is registering .375. Bottled water is reading

in at .075 and this purified Zero Water shits been showing up as .004. It would probably be zeros too

if my tap water wasn't so shitty

ZeroWater-Pitcher-270x300.jpg

zerowater-tds-meter.jpg

^^^thats the sensor thing.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

If you've ever worked a fast food joint you probably had to clean the soda taps. Twist the tip off and put it in soda water... soak, rinse, repeat. There's some gnarly shit that gets growing in the crevs of those machines. Lots of sugar build up.

And any of you niggles that are in the bartending profession have probably seen the lines get clogged. I'm talking about the lines to the soda gun. Out at a winery gig our gun got clogged and we had to have some Pepsi repair man come flush the lines. I swear to god that shit was so fucking gross. Looked like the clogged artery buildup of a dude who's been eating big macs for 20 years straight.

There's a definite difference in tap water. Where I come from is also known for having fairly clean water. Then I moved to an area in Washington for a several months and I remember their shit had some sediment or something in it. Even if your water source is clean, you still have to figure in other factors, like how old are the pipes in your building that your water is coming through before you get it. For around $15 you can get a basic water testing kit from Home Depot or the like but you'll only get basic info like the acidity of the water, think you have to send it out for more info. On the bottled water- theoretically it's cleaner, but most bottled water comes in a plastic bottle. I thought I had seen something a while back that some elements of the plastic gets into the water?

Where I live now the water is actually clean and tastes ok, but I don't like drinking water, I don't drink soft drinks either, not a fan of coke and stuff like that.

Occasionally I drink fruit juice but mostly I drink coffee, way too much coffee, I can't even keep track of how many cups I have a day. So far I have been up for 5 hours and have already had 7 cups of coffee.