WORMHOLE OVER NORWAY

Spitfire15

Re: Fuckin' radical.

New Russian missile fails again in test: reports

Dec 10 01:46 AM US/Eastern

Comments (0) Email to a friend Share on Facebook Tweet this

File picture shows Russian President Dmitry Medvedev © visiting a nuclear...

The new nuclear-capable missile central to Russia's plan to revamp its ageing weapons arsenal has suffered a new failure in testing, in a major blow for the armed forces, reports said Thursday.

The submarine-launched Bulava missile was test-fired from the Dmitry Donskoi submarine in the White Sea early Wednesday but failed at the third stage, the Kommersant and Vedomosti newspapers reported, quoting defence sources.

No further details on the circumstances of the launch were available.

The test was the 13th test-firing of the Bulava and the ninth time that the launch has failed, Vedomosti said.

However the Russian defence ministry declined to comment on the failure or even confirm that the test launch of the intercontinental missile had taken place, the reports added.

The problems with the Bulava have become an agonizing issue for the defence ministry which has ploughed a large proportion of its procurement budget into ensuring the missile becomes the key element of its revamped rocket forces.

The previous failure in July had forced the resignation of Yury Solomonov, the director of the Moscow Institute of Thermal Technology which is responsible for developing the missile.

The problems are also a major political embarrassment coming at the same time as Russia is still negotiating with the United States the parameters of a new arms reduction treaty to replace the 1991 START accord.

The treaty expired on December 5 and despite intense negotiations the two sides have yet to announce agreement on the text of a new agreement.

The Bulava, which can be equipped with up to 10 individually targeted nuclear warheads, has a maximum range of 8,000 kilometres (5,000 miles).

It is the sea-based version of the Topol-M, Russia's new surface-to-surface intercontinental missile, and designed to be launched from Moscow's newest Borei class of submarines.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As is in the other thread, the Russians are lying because their latest prog is a fucking embarrassment.

New Russian missile fails again in test: reports

Dec 10 01:46 AM US/Eastern

Comments (0) Email to a friend Share on Facebook Tweet this

File picture shows Russian President Dmitry Medvedev © visiting a nuclear...

The new nuclear-capable missile central to Russia's plan to revamp its ageing weapons arsenal has suffered a new failure in testing, in a major blow for the armed forces, reports said Thursday.

The submarine-launched Bulava missile was test-fired from the Dmitry Donskoi submarine in the White Sea early Wednesday but failed at the third stage, the Kommersant and Vedomosti newspapers reported, quoting defence sources.

No further details on the circumstances of the launch were available.

The test was the 13th test-firing of the Bulava and the ninth time that the launch has failed, Vedomosti said.

However the Russian defence ministry declined to comment on the failure or even confirm that the test launch of the intercontinental missile had taken place, the reports added.

The problems with the Bulava have become an agonizing issue for the defence ministry which has ploughed a large proportion of its procurement budget into ensuring the missile becomes the key element of its revamped rocket forces.

The previous failure in July had forced the resignation of Yury Solomonov, the director of the Moscow Institute of Thermal Technology which is responsible for developing the missile.

The problems are also a major political embarrassment coming at the same time as Russia is still negotiating with the United States the parameters of a new arms reduction treaty to replace the 1991 START accord.

The treaty expired on December 5 and despite intense negotiations the two sides have yet to announce agreement on the text of a new agreement.

The Bulava, which can be equipped with up to 10 individually targeted nuclear warheads, has a maximum range of 8,000 kilometres (5,000 miles).

It is the sea-based version of the Topol-M, Russia's new surface-to-surface intercontinental missile, and designed to be launched from Moscow's newest Borei class of submarines.

I guess I'll go with posting this here since the title is more fitting.

Apparently this is actually happening with tons and tons of eyewitness accounts. Video, and still photos. This is a legitimate event.

Both the Norwegian military and Russian Embassies have declared absolutely no knowledge of the cause of this event. And I have been in touch with a few space head friends of mine who I figured might be keen on the subject. I recieved this e-mail from a friend Les of Atmospheric Optics -

Good morning ****,

Thanks for the link - fascinating.

It is not an optical phenomenon.

My impression is that it could be a rocket event where fuel or other material is being vented and catching the high altitude sunlight. if the vehicle is spinning while doing so that would account for the growing spiral structure. The central parts of comets have the same spiral appearance for the very same reason.

Regards,

Les

This Les is one smart mother fucker so I'll say that the russians botched another test. Seems very likely. Simple explanations usually win out.

I understand also that many of the photos used in the recent newspaper articles were long exposures, also using a tripod. So the look of surrealness in some of these can be explained.

Another interesting note; Obama is supposed to be in Norway tomorrow to accept his Nobel Peace prize.

More later on this.

Obama's airplane departed for Norway with no delay - so obviously the Americans aren't worried about anything.

Also it's a bit ironic that there's a Global Warming/Climate convention in Copenhagen, involving many of the worlds brightest minds in the field. It's going on right now.

http://www.erantis.com/events/denmark/copenhagen/climate-conference-2009/index.htm

Definitely has nothing to do with lasers of any unclassified kind.

If I were to go anywhere near that route I would mention rail guns. We're talking quake 2 type shit. It is in rudimentary development and the technology has been tested by the US Navy.

An interesting tidbit about the Bulava rocket - it uses a solid fuel propellant. That kind of negates the idea of this being a fuel leak, or emition from a failed test. Solids don't 'leak'. TAKE THAT PROFESSOR LES OF THE BERKELY ATMOSPHERIC STUDIES GROUP. I'm on this shit.

184397-main_Full.jpg

There is no doubt it was the Ruskis.

Dec 9 Bulava missile launch failed – Defense Ministry (Part 2)

MOSCOW. Dec 10 (Interfax-AVN) - Another launch of the Bulava ballistic missile from the Dmitry Donskoy nuclear power submarine failed on December 9, the Russian Defense Ministry reported.

"It has been determined in analyzing the launch that the missile's first two stages performed as planned, but there was a technical malfunction at the next, the third, phase of the trajectory," the ministry said in a statement on Thursday.

The missile was launched from an underwater position, the ministry said. "Control data show that the third stage's engine worked unsteadily. A state commission is looking into the reasons behind the technical malfunction," it said.

"The submarine's crew performed its job as planned and without any flaws," it said.

"During the previous tests, technical malfunctions happened during the first stage's work," it said.

The Wednesday launch was the 12th. Six out of the previous 11 launches were unofficially ruled as failures.

During the previous test launch on July 15, the missile self-destructed because of the first stage's malfunction.

The R30 and 3M30 Bulava-30 intercontinental ballistic missile (RSM-56 in international documents, and SS-NX-30 by NATO classification) was developed by the Moscow Thermal Engineering Institute. This missile is capable of carrying up to ten individually targeted warheads with a capacity of up to 150 kilotons each. It has a range of 8,000 kilometers.

The sea-based Bulava ballistic missile is to become the main weapon for the latest strategic missile carriers of Project 955 (Borei), being built at Sevmash shipyards (the submarines Yury Dolgoruky, Alexander Nevsky and Vladimir Monomakh), each to carry 12 solid-fuel Bulava-M ballistic missiles.

Deputy Defense Minister Vladimir Popovkin said earlier that the blame for Bulava's failed sea launches was to be laid not on its designers' mistakes but on violations in the technological process during its manufacture.

• Like 1

On your behalf Christo -

Another e-mail from Les included this - it goes deep.

One thing to keep in mind is that the idea is now being floated around that Russia was responsible for the Climategate hacking. Take this blame, and place it with this event, and the fact that Russia is claiming the Kyoto treaty is illegal, and perhaps you may begin to fit some of the puzzle pieces together.

Russia believes the Copenhagen Summit is a scam, and they want no part of it, from what I am understanding. Now they are taking the blame for an attempt to derail the summit with Climategate. Add that to the "phenomenon", and how the White House seems undisturbed by this, and I think it becomes even more conspiratorial that perhaps it was US involved in an attempt to further discredit Russia and make them out to be liars.

I would also go so far as to say Russia knew what it was, and perhaps if they were involved, it was designed to frighten, and the White House has enough intel to know they have nothing to fear.

There you have two completely possible reasonings, but in fact, there is still only speculation it is a rocket, and we will probably never know the real reason behind what, or why.

Another friend's opinion, utilizing actual rocket science.

Typical height of ICBM's at appogee: 1120 km

Estimated size of the entire "event": 5 degrees of the horizon.

Tan (5) = .08748 * 1120km = 97km wide

Time for "Spiral" to go from "Center" to Outside edge: 3 seconds.

Estimated speed of "Spiral Vapor Trail" (97/2/3) = 16 k/sec

16km / sec = 57,000 kph

Typical rocket exhaust speed = 12,874 kph

So... I think NO on rocket exhaust.

Trust me, this shit is being worked on by higher brainpower than you or I are capable of. Real talk.

Yes, it quite plainly quoted them

There is no doubt it was the Ruskis.

Dec 9 Bulava missile launch failed – Defense Ministry (Part 2)

MOSCOW. Dec 10 (Interfax-AVN) - Another launch of the Bulava ballistic missile from the Dmitry Donskoy nuclear power submarine failed on December 9, the Russian Defense Ministry reported.

"It has been determined in analyzing the launch that the missile's first two stages performed as planned, but there was a technical malfunction at the next, the third, phase of the trajectory," the ministry said in a statement on Thursday.

The missile was launched from an underwater position, the ministry said. "Control data show that the third stage's engine worked unsteadily. A state commission is looking into the reasons behind the technical malfunction," it said.

"The submarine's crew performed its job as planned and without any flaws," it said.

"During the previous tests, technical malfunctions happened during the first stage's work," it said.

The Wednesday launch was the 12th. Six out of the previous 11 launches were unofficially ruled as failures.

During the previous test launch on July 15, the missile self-destructed because of the first stage's malfunction.

The R30 and 3M30 Bulava-30 intercontinental ballistic missile (RSM-56 in international documents, and SS-NX-30 by NATO classification) was developed by the Moscow Thermal Engineering Institute. This missile is capable of carrying up to ten individually targeted warheads with a capacity of up to 150 kilotons each. It has a range of 8,000 kilometers.

The sea-based Bulava ballistic missile is to become the main weapon for the latest strategic missile carriers of Project 955 (Borei), being built at Sevmash shipyards (the submarines Yury Dolgoruky, Alexander Nevsky and Vladimir Monomakh), each to carry 12 solid-fuel Bulava-M ballistic missiles.

Deputy Defense Minister Vladimir Popovkin said earlier that the blame for Bulava's failed sea launches was to be laid not on its designers' mistakes but on violations in the technological process during its manufacture.

I'm not trying to make out like I'm a rocket scientist but this test was coming for ages, they have done a lot of tests on the Baluva and most have failed. It all just adds up to be the obvious outcome.

I'm not trying to say your mates are wrong with their calculations or anything, I don't know anything about that, I'm just saying what I think is the most likely explanation. Feel free to react to that in any way that makes you happy.

Did you fail to realise that the Bulava missile system uses solid propellant in all three stages? A solid system, will not, and can not disperse in a completely perfect spiral form as - whatever this is did.

:rolleyes:

I'm about out of ammunition myself though. This topic thoroughly interested my nerdy ass for the past 10 hours and all that any of 'the folks' come up with is speculation. You can't highlight red text and claim it's the truth - DAO. Bottom line.

You seem intelligent, and you should know that nothing ever read over the AP wire is going to be quote worthy - especially concerning the russian military.

I'll check a few more e-mails from overseas and post anything interesting if necessary. Good game.