laugh with me: chicks in a fashion ad with Montana

!@#$%

Just because the 3 punks you knew didn't feel inclined to break down the differences to you doesn't mean that they didn't exist. Just like someone who doesn't know much about graffiti isn't going to be able to tell the difference between new york, philly, boston and california styles, someone who doesnt know much about punk isn't going to know the differentiations of subgenres of punk.

^This fucking guy. :lol:

I was probably going to punk shows when your mom was still wiping your ass.

I love how yall niggas got this stereotype of me.

LMAO!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, cuz you really remember all about the 70s and early 80s. You were born in what, 75? so, you claiming to have had any more real life experience in the 70s than me is bullshit, and i'm sure if you were into punk in the early 80s when you were like 8 years old, you wouldn't remember any of it. even if you did, you would've been 8 or 10 years old, and your opinion is made null and void by the fact that you think your pre teen self actually knew anything about punk.

PS: good job taking 3 posts to reply to 1 post of mine, since you can only seem to wrap your mind around one idea at a time.

Also, i'm pretty sure you're barely older than Random, and he's been involved in punk where as you just happened to know some kids who said they were punk and you're pretty sure that everything they said goes and because they never mentioned subgenres, they don't exist.

I'm pretty sure that the both of yous are the type of cats who learned all your knowledge on the shit that you're into from books and the internet.

Yeah, cuz you really remember all about the 70s and early 80s. You were born in what, 75? so, you claiming to have had any more real life experience in the 70s than me is bullshit, and i'm sure if you were into punk in the early 80s when you were like 8 years old, you wouldn't remember any of it. even if you did, you would've been 8 or 10 years old, and your opinion is made null and void by the fact that you think your pre teen self actually knew anything about punk.

PS: good job taking 3 posts to reply to 1 post of mine, since you can only seem to wrap your mind around one idea at a time.

I was a little kid in the 80's. I wasn't going to shows, or even listening to punk when I was 8.

But I was old enough to have a grasp on what older heads around me were doing and what they were about.

Especially when I became a teenager and was hanging out with some of these older cats.

Unlike you, who weren't even born yet.

But I guess what you read in books trumps what I remember. :dunce:

I'm pretty sure that the both of yous are the type of cats who learned all your knowledge on the shit that you're into from books and the internet.

you are so right, i never have been to a punk show in my life

never heard of that particular genre of music

never was into the scene

I guess i should throw away all my old vinyal and tapes

Get rid of my old tour shirts

Throw away all my DIY zines

And take all the patches off my jackets

i live a lie

sadface

in all honesty.

punk is tight.

i wasnt a REAL part of the scene. i was a "hip hop" kid in the early-mid-late 90's BUTTT.

i still knew what was up with punk. and i STILL respected it.

punk at that time(mid 90's) had the SAME message as hip hop.

just in a different color and different neighborhood.

fuck what you retards are talking about. imma bout to slam some 18 yr old pussy at the age of 29.

eat a dick.

or else she will.

"having a grasp on whats going on" and actually knowing what you're talking about are two completely different things. I've been going to punk shows since i was a little kid, and have hung out with plenty of punks who are 10+ years older than you, have had bands since the 70s, run record labels, etc, and they all know that there have been different sub genres of punk since the 70s. You want me to go find some articles from early punk magazines or show you reviews by old punk guys who have been active in the scene for 30+ years who talk about subgenres back then?

"having a grasp on whats going on" and actually knowing what you're talking about are two completely different things. I've been going to punk shows since i was a little kid, and have hung out with plenty of punks who are 10+ years older than you, have had bands since the 70s, run record labels, etc, and they all know that there have been different sub genres of punk since the 70s. You want me to go find some articles from early punk magazines or show you reviews by old punk guys who have been active in the scene for 30+ years who talk about subgenres back then?

You're like 22 or some shit.

You weren't even alive during this time frame.

I'm doubtful that you'll be producing any evidence of different subgenres of punks from the 70's and early 80's other than hardcore in the 80's.

And if you do, the shit better be dated from that time period and not some rehashed, rewriten "history" lesson from some moron.

Obviously there was different bands with different sounds and styles and shit, but it was all just "punk".

None of this "Peace punks", "Anrcho punks" subgenre bullshit.

You're like 22 or some shit.

You weren't even alive during this time frame.

I'm doubtful that you'll be producing any evidence of different subgenres of punks from the 70's and early 80's other than hardcore in the 80's.

And if you do, the shit better be dated from that time period and not some rehashed, rewriten "history" lesson from some moron.

Obviously there was different bands with different sounds and styles and shit, but it was all just "punk".

None of this "Peace punks", "Anrcho punks" subgenre bullshit.

Crass, formed in 1977...never called themselves peace or anarcho punk

patch_crass_noir.jpg

Doom, formed in 1987, never called themselves "crust"

518Q22SG9AL._AA240_.jpg

Extreme Noise terror, formed int 1985

2425232943_6d8d28dac7.jpg?v=0

never ever called themselves "Grindcore metal heads"

DAO IS SO RIGHT!!!

Sit down and shut up DAO.

I was '76, others were New Wave and Skins, then around '85 Cali H/C strated reaching East but it had definately already matured with bands like D.I. and Waysted Youth. By '87 any band that had the word Youth in their title (Sonic/Ciccone Youth aside) was a Skin band and most Cali speedcore was sk8 rock.

Art Fags came around in like '85 too, an offshoot of the New Wave kids. It had NOTHING to do with art, the term is short for 'artificial faggots' and comes from the kids who wore mascara and lipstick like Robert Smith from The Cure. There were also a lot of real fags who liked the Bronski Beat.

The idea that punk rock wasn't segregated until the 90's is garbage, like that 90's band garbage.

Oh snap!!! They had the words Anarchy and Peace writen next to eachother so they must have been some new subgenre of punk! :dunce:

I am agreeing with you DAO you are soooooo right, most of their song were not about anti-war, peace, and anti establishment. Crass only sung about going to the mall and skateboarding just like punk bands in the 90s

here is another Crass album cover NOT about peace

crass_anti-war_f-up.jpg

I was '76, others were New Wave and Skins, then around '85 Cali H/C strated reaching East but it had definately already matured with bands like D.I. and Waysted Youth. By '87 any band that had the word Youth in their title (Sonic/Ciccone Youth aside) was a Skin band and most Cali speedcore was sk8 rock.

Art Fags came around in like '85 too, an offshoot of the New Wave kids. It had NOTHING to do with art, the term is short for 'artificial faggots' and comes from the kids who wore mascara and lipstick like Robert Smith from The Cure. There were also a lot of real fags who liked the Bronski Beat.

The idea that punk rock wasn't segregated until the 90's is garbage, like that 90's band garbage.

oldman.jpg

New wavers listened to New Wave music.

Skins listened to everything from punk to hardcore to whateverthefuck. They did have a band or two of their own, but not enough to constitute an entire subgenre.

And they weren't punks, they were skinheads.

Skinheads existed long before punk, and like cockroaches they're still around.

DI was a punk band, not hardcore. Most the shit that west coasters called "hardcore" back then was just punk bands. With punk members. It wasn't the same shit as "hardcore" that was poppin on the east Coast.

And again, the kids who wore mascara and dressed like the Cure were called New Wavers. Not Punks.

They were like the ancestors to Emofags.

And how exactly does that make them an entire diferent subgenre of punk?

The Misfits sang about holloween and space aliens and shit.

Does this make them a gothic martiancore band?

Taking from their website "Crass promotes and practices a 'direct action' philosophy of Anarcho-pacifism that eventually became the "peace punk movement"

http://www.southern.com/southern/label/CRC/