laugh with me: chicks in a fashion ad with Montana

!@#$%

Anyone here old enough to remember when punk meant something? Walking down the street past a bunch of skinhead mohawk type fools as a middle schooler and really being concerned that you might get your ass kicked for no good reason. Back before all the peace punk, crust punk, yadda yadda punk shit came out.

I remember when having a mohawk meant a fist fight, it didn't mean that you looked like a fashion model.

OrlandoBloom-Mohawk.jpg

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No I am not that old. I remember seeing punks as a young child and noticing how much things had changed when I stated going to punk shows as a teen that is all.

Random's just trying to show off that he read some book that mentions some small, obscure fringe group that most people back then (including most punks I'm sure) never heard of.

fuck you, or she could be rockin` some fuckin` hendrix. ever thought of that? nah. you didn't.

believe it or not (i stress that it doesnt matter) i did

i was one of those kids who gave up guitar after a few year & thought the hendrix's steez was cool. im not gunna front like i know alot about guitar, because i dont. your average fashion trapped bitch wouldnt even know who hendrix is. all they do is throw up, travel, & pose, their lives 100% indulged in that shit

maybe a few of them might, but most of those girls have no brain, they just give them to BrOs

Random's just trying to show off that he read some book that mentions some small, obscure fringe group that most people back then (including most punks I'm sure) never heard of.

Some obscure fringe group?? Anarco punk is the start and end of most punk music, if you dont know that you should just stop listening to punk music. I am not trying to "be cool" but inform. Also I remember and still know what being "punk" means...it means being a waste of space. Street punks are the most vile pieces of shit that really dont stand for anything but just to be a waste of a human.

DIY, Standing up for a cause, Changing your environment for political or social in betterment is what I remember "punk" to be.

and show off? I really could care less about what any of you think. I do what I do

Some obscure fringe group?? Anarco punk is the start and end of most punk music

When I was a kid, punks were just punks.

There was no "Crust punk", "pop punk", "Peace punk" or "Anarcho" punk".

I'm pretty sure that all them subgenre labels came out sometime in the 90's.

Most punks fancied themselves anarchists though, but I don't remember anybody calling themselves an "Anarcho punk".

But that's not even what I was talking about. You were talking about "peace punks".

And that's what I was commenting on.

:lol: :lol:

That nigga is dumb.

It's not fraise.

In grammar, a phrase is a group of words functioning as a single unit in the syntax of a sentence.

It's PHASE!!!

You go through fucking a phase.

Not a fucking fraise.

i thought he meant phrase not phase.

either way.

ANYONE WANT SOME FRAIONAISE?!?!

When I was a kid, punks were just punks.

There was no "Crust punk", "pop punk", "Peace punk" or "Anarcho" punk".

I'm pretty sure that all them subgenre labels came out sometime in the 90's.

Most punks fancied themselves anarchists though, but I don't remember anybody calling themselves an "Anarcho punk".

But that's not even what I was talking about. You were talking about "peace punks".

And that's what I was commenting on.

Most punks usually distinguish themselves with the style of dress, street punks (or shits of society) are usually the ones with bright colored hair, leopard print pants, and rancid or some other crappy punk band patches. Anarcho and Crust punks are the ones that dress in all black, usually have short or dreded hair and with more political or political influenced patches or maybe just patched clothing.

This all was in the late 70s and became more affluent in the 80s, is still the way you can tell a useless asshole that ran away from home cause mommy and daddy wouldn’t buy him a iphone and someone who really is into the movement.

/no punk

/yes grindcore

You talk like a hipster, and your location says Bronx.

Hipster irony?

I'm sorry, I didn't realize that good grammar and proper English was "talking like a hipster."

"Yo, Da Bronx is Mad Gully son... Dese bitch azz, whiteboy hipsters could never lay their headz up here and call it they crib site."

How's that? Opps, I mean "how dat?"

• Like 1

I'm sorry, I didn't realize that good grammar and proper English was "talking like a hipster."

"Yo, Da Bronx is Mad Gully son... Dese bitch azz, whiteboy hipsters could never lay their headz up here and call it they crib site."

How's that? Opps, I mean "how dat?"

That's better. Except you have to add crack and PCP to that equation.

Most punks usually distinguish themselves with the style of dress, street punks (or shits of society) are usually the ones with bright colored hair, leopard print pants, and rancid or some other crappy punk band patches. Anarcho and Crust punks are the ones that dress in all black, usually have short or dreded hair and with more political or political influenced patches or maybe just patched clothing.

This all was in the late 70s and became more affluent in the 80s, is still the way you can tell a useless asshole that ran away from home cause mommy and daddy wouldn’t buy him a iphone and someone who really is into the movement.

/no punk

/yes grindcore

That subgenre shit didn't catch on till the 90's.

That subgenre shit didn't catch on till the 90's.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

There are tons of bands from the 70s and 80s who described themselves as part of subgenres during those times, and there were various different styles and subgenres in different locations around the world. Not everyone who listened to punk fell into the exact same category, dressed the same, and had the same beliefs. Thats like claiming all rock music is the same and there were no subgenres of rock until the 90s.

Just because the 3 punks you knew didn't feel inclined to break down the differences to you doesn't mean that they didn't exist. Just like someone who doesn't know much about graffiti isn't going to be able to tell the difference between new york, philly, boston and california styles, someone who doesnt know much about punk isn't going to know the differentiations of subgenres of punk.

Also, i'm pretty sure you're barely older than Random, and he's been involved in punk where as you just happened to know some kids who said they were punk and you're pretty sure that everything they said goes and because they never mentioned subgenres, they don't exist.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

There are tons of bands from the 70s and 80s who described themselves as part of subgenres during those times,

I don't know why I'm wasting my time arguing with 20 something year olds about shit that they read about in books.

In the 70's and early 80's practically anything that was "different" was considered "punk".

Fucking Sonic Youth was considered a "punk" band.

Would you consider them punk now? even their early shit?

The fucking Clash was considered a "punk" band. Would you even call them punk if they didn't come out till 20 years later?

What about the Ramones? They sounded like poppy 50's music.

What about the Misfits? Alot of their shit would have been categorized as "goth" or some shit if they had come out in the late 90's.

They probably would have been opening up for Marlin Manson or some shit if they came out 20 years later.

The only subgenre of punk back in the 80's (where people actually distinguished a difference) was hardcore.