What's happening Los Angeles?

Harvey Wallbanger

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
By the way, is there some rule that only mexicans ride the bus in LA?

basically everywhere in california (except san francisco) the bus is only for poor people. for a long time i was using the bus to get around and people i work with were freaked out. they're scared shitless to ride the bus cos it's full of scary brown people

By the way, is there some rule that only mexicans ride the bus in LA?

The funny thing is if you live in a more centralized area of LA where it is more expensive and public transportation is easily accessible, you most likely own a car. Most people that depend on the bus don’t live in new downtown lofts or own a house in Hollywood Hills. They live far from that.

While minorities are riding the shitty bus to work, the more affluent side is living it up and driving BMWs to work. Some of the yuppiest places in Los Angeles and Orange County have Spanish names (Aliso Viejo, Rancho Palos Verdes, etc). While a lot of not so affluent neighborhoods have non-threatening English names (remember that Hawaiian Gardens gangster story?)

I don’t really know too many people that grew up in Los Angeles that don’t drive. A lot of those Silverlake and Echo Park hipsters that migrated here from the Midwest ride bikes or use public transportation. It makes sense since they are conveniently located between downtown and Hollywood.

Nobody wants to hang out with someone that doesn’t drive, or else you’ll always be their designated driver! Good friends let friends be the sloppy drunk once in a while.

:)