TOM WAITS APPRECIATION THREAD

eatso

what do you think about tom waits?  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Waits has also filed a lawsuit unrelated to his music. He was arrested in 1977 outside Duke's Tropicana Coffee Shop in Los Angeles. Waits and a friend were trying to stop some men from bullying other patrons. The men were plainclothes police, and Waits and his friend were taken into custody and charged with disturbing the peace. The jury found Waits not guilty; he took the police department to court and was awarded $7,500 compensation.

• 3 months later...

I've been a huge fan of Jim Jarmusch for about 20 years now, or at least since "Night on Earth" came out. That's where I first got introduced to Tom Waits. The movie was great on it's own, but his music made it that much better.

A70-4965

If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it. I know someone already mention "Down By Law" as well, but that's another classic. Jarmusch is the man.

i fuckin hate nick cave as well.

my ex was all about that faggot. a week before we broke up she dragged me to a show of his.

needless to say, it was terrible. i said midway through the show "this is bad..." and she said "no one has swagger like nick cave" completely serious. if i had even 1 beer that night im pretty sure i would have knocked that dumb bitch out.

terrible.