The BMX Thread

R@ndomH3ro

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pictures wouldn't be that helpful, my sprocket is just a couple MM away from a good chainline. Looks like this...

BB SHELL > ]-| <sprocket

.......hub > ]| <driver

Not very straight, but there's not a whole lot I can do about it. I already have no spindle spacers on the drive side. there is like a built in washer on my sprocket, can I flip it around so that the main body of the sprocket is flush with the cone spacer thing?

like instead of cone spacer|built in spacer on sprocket| sprocket, could I flip the sprocket so it's cone spacer|sprocket body|spacer?

Pictures would have been most helpful, are your BBs flush inside the frame? Also are you using the right bb cones? One is should be smaller then the other, the smaller one goes on the non drive side. And if your sprocket has a built in spacer that is gay.

It's the second, but inside the main drive hole was something like this

spacer%2019mm.jpg

One side is flush with the sprocket, on side has that spacer on it. It can come out, but it seems to fit the spindle better with it on.

haha, that is because you have a 19 mm spindle right? The circulo is a 22 mm bore. So you have to use that adapter. Let me tell you a secret, the adapter is supposed to go like this

BB shell |= Sprocket Crank Arm

The flat part goes next to the BB shell, so it will almost act like a small spacer., yeah if you have it the other way around the chain ring will be in line with the driver.

So you turning it around is exactly how it was supposed to be installed.

:p