The BMX Thread

R@ndomH3ro

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YO GLEN, HERE'S MY TAKE:

IT's LIKE WHEN MUSIC STARTED CREATING TONS OF NEW/DIFFERENT STYLES AS BRANCHES ON THE TREE CALLED HIP-HOP.

AT FIRST ERRBODY WAS LIKE, IT'S ALL HIP HOP, BUT THEN THE SEPERATION OF "RAP" vs HIP-HOP WAS PUT INTO THE MIX. ERRBODY COULD BOB THEIR HEAD TO THE BEAT, BUT DIFFERENT GROUPS WANTED TO GAIN KNOWLEDGE, OR JUST SMOKE A BLUNT AND THINK THEY HAD A 64' IMPALA. ALL HIP-HOP? I DON'Y CARE CAUSE I COLLECTED TONS OF RAP TAPES FROM EVERY TYPE AND DIDN'T LIMIT MYSELF.

BACK IN THE EARLY 80's I REMEMBER HAVING 1 BIKE YOU TOOK OFF ROAD AND IT WAS THE SAME DAMN BIKE YOU RODE YOUR BACKYARD HALFPIPE WITH, AND THEN RIDING IT UP TO 7-11 TO SHOW OFF YOUR LATEST NO-FOOTED CURB ENDOS.

THE ONLY REAL SEPERATION WAS THE "RACERS" AND THE FREESTYLE/JUMPERS.

WASTE OF TIME FAGGING IT ALL UP AND STICKING TO 1 STYLE.

BUT THIS NEW "GEAR" HAVING CERTAIN COMPONENTS TO DO THE SAME JOB IS MUCH DIFFERENT.

I REMEMBER (Here we go again!) WHEN ONE OF THE VERY FIRST REAL FREESTYLE TRICKS CAME OUT, IT WAS CALLED THE "ROCK-WALK" AND YOU BASICALLY ENGAGED THE FRONT BRAKE, DID A 180' AND LIFTED THE FRONT UP AND THREW DOWN ANOTHER 180 AND KEPT RIDING. I ACCIDENTALLY FORGOT TO USE MY FRONT BRAKES ONE TIME AND STILL PULLED THE MOVE BY TURNING MY FRONT WHEEL MORE THAN USUAL.

THERE IS SOMETHING TO ROCKING NO BRAKES I MUST ADMIT.

SO MANY RULES TO GO BY LOL!

teah , its called inovation. when it comes to graff skeight bmx , of which i was winner (im not humble) bet half the mothers/wives wish they were clappn there kids on on a 20

2 push bike in some kinda spirited community think thang seen;n them brouught home in a box with the face covered,,,

You guys argue about the same shit over and over again.

Really kills this thread for me...

NOBODY'S REALLY ARGUING ABOUT ANYTHING.

BESIDES, HOW CAN YOU NOT ENJOY THE COMPLETE "WTF DID HE JUST SAY" POSTS SPORTO IS RUNNIN?

READ THEM OVER AND OVER AND I FEEL LIKE IT'S A SECRET LANGUAGE.

THIS THREAD ROCKS DUE TO SOME OF THE BIKES FOOLS ARE STILL FINDING OUT THERE.

Tore-down and cleaned up my 1998 GT Pro Performer this weekend . It's nothing special , but it is the bike I ride at Ray's MTB . It's amazing that aluminum foil & white vinegar can clean up 12 years of rust & neglect . :cool:

98gt.jpg

98gt4.jpg

98gt5.jpg

98gt3.jpg

120900_212500-1.jpg

121200_100700-1.jpg

Put Kenda Black/Tan tires on it , and Red GT Racing Grips , along with a Viscount General Seat , I still need a rear brake so I can set the Gyro up .

• Like 1

5261423425_c623db3fd3.jpg

Here she is... A lot heavier than I imagined... Strip it this weekend and store for paint / powder

5261423181_fd192a7e78.jpg

Sweet - what I thought was a possibly a "Huffy" is actually a Haro - sweet

5261422837_6b03e05141.jpg

One of "wired" bikes for the museum - the $5 I paid seems even more worth it now

TRON LEGACY

FLYNN's SON WHEN HE WAS YOUNG ROCKS A PK-RIPPER !!!!!!

LOOKED TO BE SILVER WITH WHITE STICKERS/CHROME LANDING GEAR

DAMNIT, I DIDN'T SQUINT MY EYES TO SEE IF IT WAS A LOOP-TAIL OR NOT.

THE REAL WEIRD THING WAS HOW OBVIOUS THE CAMERA SHOT OF WHAT KIND OF BIKE IT WAS., LIKE THE CAMERA GUY WAS LIKE, =

YOUR NOT GOING TO MISS THIS!.

*EDIT- JUST FOUND IT-

1982 SE Racing P.K. Ripper

1982 SE Racing P.K. Ripper (Featured in movie "Tron 2")

I bought this PK from a private collector and local BMX retailer. He rented this PK to the movie "Tron 2" (they wanted a vintage BMX for the movie). The PK : 82 PK Ripper looptail, SE Bronco Landing Gear forks, Pro Neck, Uni seat, Araya Rims (middle pic). The only thing I replaced so far are the Black Tuff II mags. It is impossible to buy Skyway mags in Canada, I had to ordered them from US. I can't wait till Tron 2 comes out, so I can see what they did with the PK in the movie. (Hopefully some crazy ass stunts).

img_5287a.jpg