Obama: The New George Bush

lord_casek

Change!

Hope!

Hook, line and sinker.

Shit. it tasted so good though!

well the constitution says it. europe practices it, even with a much better system then we have, and most of america is to fat or bitch made to do it, but Revolt Riot and Raise hell till we get some real fuckin change. with the way the judicial system looks like its heading people need to stand up for their freedoms before were all standing in a dictatorship scratching our head like. "da fuck..!"

Big business operates the government and society in such an open way because we let them get away with it. if the people really were the final say in this society we'd have those fuckers in check.

RIPUSA

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem with the issue of global warming is that Gore and other politicians are imposing their political agenda on the scientific community. When you receive hundreds of thousands of dollars to speak on said issue, or run organizations that profit form your rhetoric, and manipulate the truth behind scientific research to benefit these endeavors, your involvement goes way beyond fascination.

You're very quick to call people in the public eye money-grubbing and manipulative. Remember that (most) politicians are people too. Al Gore might speak in a boring monotone, and he might be naive with regard to the world of science and the issues he has chosen to champion, but I really don't get the picture that he's out for money and power. He already has that. He actually just put out a new book (Our Choice), for which he did a great deal of research and consulted a number of experts; I think he made a valiant effort to become educated on the subject of climate change and clean technology. I think whether or not he's totally correct about all of the science, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt as far as motives go.

If he has access to the scientific data and is fabricating new data, and changing the research scientists have done then he is lying about the issue. As I've said if you read the reports from scientists they show that nearly everything he suggests is a manipulation of the truth.

I don't see evidence for this. I think he made a few (minor) mistakes and people pounced on that and decided to call him a liar. This is an egregious exaggeration and your citing "the reports from scientists" is meaningless. Also, Gore doesn't "have access to the data," that's completely retarded. Do you understand how research works? Remember, the oil industry has waaaaay more clout as far as falsifying data and funding self-serving studies goes.

Agreed, this is the level headed approach to the issue that we should take, BUT this is not what is happening. The politicians have seized upon this moment to initiate new tax policies and invade our private lives more. Unlike most I DON'T appreciate that. Irregardless of how you get around your going to be affected by this. Energy prices are going to sky rocket, gas tax is going to increase etc.

Well this is just some tin-foil hat bullshit that I don't need to respond to. Also, "irregardless" isn't a word.

mere puppets

"A man carried a monkey about for a shew, & because he was a little wiser than the monkey, grew vain, and conceiv'd himself as much wiser than seven men. It is so with Swedenborg; he shews the folly of churches and exposes hypocrites, till he imagines that all are religious, & himself the single one on earth that ever broke a net."

That's William Blake writing about Emanuel Swedenborg, but I think it applies to all you finger-pointers in here.

Your not really saying anything about the issue. I've posted NUMEROUS articles, research, and findings that show how erroneous Al Gores movie and pseudo science is. How do you not get that he is out for money and power? You really think that the hundreds of MILLIONS of dollars he is making off of these lies is some how charitable? Where is this money going? HMMM...IT IS MAKING HIM WEALTHY! SO explain to me how he's not trying to get wealthy! His agenda is basically one big marketing scam so he can become wealthy.

A few "Minor" mistakes? You've got to be kidding? The foundation for his movie, which spurred public opinion in his favor, was based on the rise in temperatures due to green house gas emission, yet the reality is that the timeline in the core samples is over 800 years difference, not 50 years. THIS is not MINOR. His ties with oil, big business and the bureaucracy in washington go back decades and decades. He is making hundreds of millions on his investments in this industry and has played a major role in the shaping of cap and trade.

So, you state that he doesn't have access to any scientific data? What do you think he's sitting in his little office just postulating about this crap? And if this is the case, as you suggest, how is any thing he is saying credible? If he is so on point and has made these minor mistakes then how is his opinion so accurate as you suggest? And how is it believable? "Remember" he is not a scientist and doesn't have access to the data! And how is that you disavow his ability as a scientist, then suggest he's relatively accurate, THEN dispute the accuracy of scientists who argue that much of what he and global warming theorists are saying is wrong? YOU MAKE NO SENSE! Your whole opinion is laughable at best

Blood & Gore.

I still can't get over that the company, Al Gore's company, the very company that will be selling us "carbon credits" is named "Blood & Gore". Fucking mindfuck how people don't realize that we are being taken for a ride.

Sure, global warming is a reality. It has been since the little ice age ended. It happens every time an ice age ends. Yep, we pollute. That sucks. The very people who tell us not to pollute and that we have to pay, are the very people who are dumping chems into our oceans, putting virii into our vaccincations, dumping chems into our drinking water, etc.

Mindfuck.

^^

bingo.

why is al gore even still using energy? i mean wtf?

and barbara streisand her 22K a year water bills?

the same people that think they can fix 'global warming' and that they know what they are doing and what is best for us, are the same people who engage in foreign wars that have killed tens of millions of people, who manage roads that kill tens of thousands of people a year, who claim the right to beat you, taze you, and throw you into a cage behind bars for crimes that dont even have a victim.

^^

bingo.

why is al gore even still using energy? i mean wtf?

and barbara streisand her 22K a year water bills?

the same people that think they can fix 'global warming' and that they know what they are doing and what is best for us, are the same people who engage in foreign wars that have killed tens of millions of people, who manage roads that kill tens of thousands of people a year, who claim the right to beat you, taze you, and throw you into a cage behind bars for crimes that dont even have a victim.

Too bad you weren't down here a couple of years ago when the local news did a story on Al Gore's power bill per month. His house is huge.

They also talked about his investments into mercury mining here in Tennessee....mindfuck.

Not only is Obama the new G. Bush, these assholes are actually related! Hahaha

George W. Bush and Obama are 10th cousins once removed – linked through a 17th century Massachusetts couple, Samuel Hinckley and Sarah Soole

obama-bush-hug.jpg

I used to think a lot about this, the royal family relations and so forth. Now, I don't even care. It's the policy and the lack of will of the people that gets me pissed.

irregardless is not a word?

According to the Oxford English Dictionary, Irregardless was first acknowledged in 1912 by the Wentworth American Dialect Dictionary as originating from western Indiana.

It's a double negative and it's considered nonstandard. I suppose it has some colloquial validity, but you can say that about a lot of questionable words. In any case your grammar stinks.

I can't continue to argue with someone who has no appreciation for nuance. The world, especially the world of politics and global climate, is not so black and white. You're a self-righteous clown, and your ideas echo the type of short-sighted crap I might have taken seriously when I was 13. Welcome to my ignore list.

For what it's worth, I've recently moved into a community comprised of Caltech grad students and professors and NASA Jet Propulsion Lab employees involved in a number of different disciplines, including climatology. All of them are profoundly smart people with access to reams of data and what I would imagine far superior analytical skills than anyone on this site. I've spent a great deal of time picking their brain and learning about the current state of genetics, space travel, artificial intelligence, and climate change, among other things.

Their overall viewpoint on climate change? Global warming is real, humans are making it worse, and we should be doing dramatic things to counteract it.

I could give two shits about the internet links SOAKER posts, I'll take my info first hand from the real(er) deal, thanks.

^Thank you. I've grown up around and taken numerous classes from professors at two elite universities at the forefront of climate research, and I've had a good deal of experience with relevant data/problem sets myself...but the universities are just being duped by the media and Al Gore, right?

Thanks for what? For suggesting that because he associated with some grad student that this in some way supports what you claim? THis proves nothing, and is questionable. You still have not shown any evidence or supported your "nuanced" opinion with anything except conjecture and half truths. You said the exact word I was looking for ELITE. Your elitist mentality is similar to Gore's. You fail to realize that there are a LOT of scientists that DISAGREE with these theories, and then there are those scientists whose livelihood depends on continuing their climatology research. In addition there are numerous scholars, professors etc. that also disagree with these theories, and as far as a university is concerned, the university does not hold opinions, it is the teachers that harbor these views.

i'll leave science to the scientists.

the only thing that gets me with the clever lefty is that they preach about overpopulation, hurting the environment and climate change caused by cars, etc. yet their ideology is so onerous they cant even follow it themselves! they hate guns, but have armed body guards, feinstein had the only gun permit in her home city, democratic congressmen from west virginia get caught with an illegal ar15 in DC, anti gun nc congressman shooting intruders in their house yet support laws that would forbid private ownership of weapons, etc.

the clever lefty still drives cars, uses energy, etc. the clever lefty usually lives in the city in a hip loft, wouldnt step foot in the wilderness for more than a day or two, and tries to act like they know how to run the lives of rural americans. they preach about overpopulation, yet each clever lefty has it within their capacity to reduce the earths population by 1... yet they are still hanging around. they preach against capitalism yet they owe everything in their life to it.

just sayin

It's the exact same thing with clever righties and their failure to act the way they purport to stand for, but I'm not gonna offer a laundry list... I could mention in passing the discrepancy between Jesus's teachings and the actual behavior of the right-wing moralists who claim to follow him. Everyone's a hypocrite when framed in the appropriately twisted scenario, I particularly like this one of yours:

they preach about overpopulation, yet each clever lefty has it within their capacity to reduce the earths population by 1

Oh my, the hypocrisy!

SOAKER, it's one thing to be wrong, another to be a moron. Congratulations on achieving both.

the clever lefty still drives cars, uses energy, etc. the clever lefty usually lives in the city in a hip loft, wouldnt step foot in the wilderness for more than a day or two, and tries to act like they know how to run the lives of rural americans.

As you said BINGO!

Im glad to hear someone acknowledge this. Al Gore, the environmentalist,, Cadillac motorcades, private jets, mansions, eats meat, and is trying to suggest that we need to change our lives to better the planet.

Thats great, you've managed to make an insulting remark! Wow how moderate of you. Typical leftist behavior. I'm wrong? Come on tell me how I'm wrong? Tell me one thing that I've said that is wrong? You can't because everything I've stated or explained is based on facts, and some sinycal remarks. Lets see some evidence that I'm wrong.

Besides thats not the point of how this debate started. The point was to show how the left, Obama and Gore, or whomever is just as money hungry and corrupt as the Bush administration. Fine you believe in Global Warming. OK. Sure the earth is heating up, fine (even tho it's not), the problem is the government is using this THEORY to pass new laws, regulate commerce, earn profits, and raise taxes. If your for government control and higher taxes, fuck it, support this agenda.

I like how your previous post pretty much only said "Sadly you are both full of shit" at first, but then you edited it and made it more elaborate and then proceeded to start off your last post with "Thats great, you've managed to make an insulting remark! Wow how moderate of you."

Good work, chap. Nothing hypocritical there.

I'm not gonna waste time pointing out where you're wrong because you're not gonna believe it; you're naive and stubborn, and naive and stubborn people don't change their minds. I am merely stating that I have sat down and discussed this with actual scientists from leading institutions in the field with a good grasp on what's going on and you have merely formed a set of beliefs from things you have read on the Internet.

I win. You can go cry about it.

What did you win? Sure I edited my post, from my iphone to my PC. Does this simple observation somehow validate your opinion? No, it doesn't, and yes your full of shit.

Your not going to point anything out, because just like your like minded buddies on here, there's nothing to point out. You think since you SAID some one you met who goes to college said global warming is real, makes it real? Sorry but it doesn't. You wanna make Gore look like robin hood, when he's really a robber baron, if that what makes you feel all good inside, do it. But at the end of the day you still don't know what your talking about, and really should be ashamed of yourself for being so damn supportive of big government and pro corporate America.

Tale of Two Houses

House #1

A 20 room mansion (not including 8 bathrooms) heated by natural gas. Add on a pool (and a pool house) and a separate guest house, all heated by gas. In one month this residence consumes more energy than the average American household does in a year. The average bill for electricity and natural gas runs over $2400 per month. In natural gas alone, this property consumes more than 20 times the national average for an American home. This house is not situated in a Northern or Midwestern 'snow belt' area. It's in the South.

House #2

Designed by an architecture professor at a leading national university. This house incorporates every 'green' feature current home construction can provide. The house is 4,000 square feet (4 bedrooms) and is nestled on a high prairie in the American southwest. A central closet in the house holds geothermal heat-pumps drawing ground water through pipes sunk 300 feet into the ground.

The water (usually 67 degrees F) heats the house in the winter and cools it in the summer. The system uses no fossil fuels such as oil or natural gas and it consumes one-quarter electricity required for a conventional heating/cooling system. Rainwater from the roof is collected and funneled into a 25,000 gallon underground cistern. Wastewater from showers, sinks and toilets goes into underground purifying tanks and then into the cistern. The collected water then irrigates the land surrounding the house. Surrounding flowers and shrubs native to the area enable the property to blend into the surrounding rural landscape.

HOUSE #1 is outside of Nashville, Tennessee. It is the abode of the 'Environmentalist' Al Gore.

HOUSE #2 is on a ranch near Crawford, Texas. It is the residence of the Ex-President of the United States, George W. Bush.

It's the exact same thing with clever righties and their failure to act the way they purport to stand for, but I'm not gonna offer a laundry list... I could mention in passing the discrepancy between Jesus's teachings and the actual behavior of the right-wing moralists who claim to follow him. Everyone's a hypocrite when framed in the appropriately twisted scenario, I particularly like this one of yours:

well, right now we are talking about the clever lefties.

in another thread i'll be sure to point out 'pro life' righties that like to blow up civilians, a drug snorting rush limbaugh, fornicating ministers, supposed undying support for the constitution but they all thought ron paul was a nut job, etc.

what you didnt like my over population joke?

jeez. even the most hardcore enviro nerd should laugh at that...

Tale of Two Houses

House #1

A 20 room mansion (not including 8 bathrooms) heated by natural gas. Add on a pool (and a pool house) and a separate guest house, all heated by gas. In one month this residence consumes more energy than the average American household does in a year. The average bill for electricity and natural gas runs over $2400 per month. In natural gas alone, this property consumes more than 20 times the national average for an American home. This house is not situated in a Northern or Midwestern 'snow belt' area. It's in the South.

House #2

Designed by an architecture professor at a leading national university. This house incorporates every 'green' feature current home construction can provide. The house is 4,000 square feet (4 bedrooms) and is nestled on a high prairie in the American southwest. A central closet in the house holds geothermal heat-pumps drawing ground water through pipes sunk 300 feet into the ground.

The water (usually 67 degrees F) heats the house in the winter and cools it in the summer. The system uses no fossil fuels such as oil or natural gas and it consumes one-quarter electricity required for a conventional heating/cooling system. Rainwater from the roof is collected and funneled into a 25,000 gallon underground cistern. Wastewater from showers, sinks and toilets goes into underground purifying tanks and then into the cistern. The collected water then irrigates the land surrounding the house. Surrounding flowers and shrubs native to the area enable the property to blend into the surrounding rural landscape.

HOUSE #1 is outside of Nashville, Tennessee. It is the abode of the 'Environmentalist' Al Gore.

HOUSE #2 is on a ranch near Crawford, Texas. It is the residence of the Ex-President of the United States, George W. Bush.

i've been past al gore's brentwood estate.. or what someone told me is al gore's estate.... its nuts

and this guy preaches class warfare and this environmental stuff