Obama: The New George Bush

lord_casek

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're just gearing up to kick ass in Iran

Outlining his rationale for the decision to send yet more troops to Afghanistan, President Barack Obama on Tuesday began with a familiar refrain: “We did not ask for this fight. On September 11, 2001, 19 men hijacked four airplanes and used them to murder nearly 3,000 people.”

sounds just like G Bush...most of them asshole jihadist scum bags weren't even from Afghanistan.

these dudes mean business...

talibantruck-37619.jpg

This article raises a few valid questions but repeatedly makes huge jumps in logic to reach preconceived conclusions. I really hope you don't think this is good journalism.

Also viewing the troop increase as "30k troops for 100 al qaeda" is totally bogus. I thought the point was to "win" the war, to the end that a stable, basically US-friendly regime is put in place. A puppet government, you might say. From what I've read Obama's military advisers favored a surge as the only way to wipe out entrenched guerrillas, including but not limited to al qaeda troops. It seems clear enough that if the US simply evacuated we would leave a decimated landscape with a major power vacuum seething with anti-western sentiment. I guess the fear is that if our government did that, an unfriendly regime would arise and begin harboring terrorists. I never supported entering Afghanistan, but, again, Obama inherited a shitty war out there. It doesn't matter whether or not he has authority to withdraw immediately, he has no choice but to play a very delicate political game. How hard is that to understand?

In the greater picture these wars are of course a terrible way to address resentment of our country and probably contain some degree of ulterior motives, but this is what's going on.

They're just gearing up to kick ass in Iran

Outlining his rationale for the decision to send yet more troops to Afghanistan, President Barack Obama on Tuesday began with a familiar refrain: “We did not ask for this fight. On September 11, 2001, 19 men hijacked four airplanes and used them to murder nearly 3,000 people.”

sounds just like G Bush...most of them asshole jihadist scum bags weren't even from Afghanistan.

these dudes mean business...

talibantruck-37619.jpg

December 2, 2009

The Chickenhawk Opines

Posted by Lew Rockwell on December 2, 2009 12:20 AM

So the US, according to Obama, has to murder more Afghanis because 9/11 was plotted in Afghanistan. No it wasn’t; it was plotted in Germany and Florida...

I never supported entering Afghanistan, but, again, Obama inherited a shitty war out there. It doesn't matter whether or not he has authority to withdraw immediately, he has no choice but to play a very delicate political game. How hard is that to understand?

how hard is it to understand that the foreign policy of the US is flawed? inherited or not, this is no excuse to continue a stupid, silly, flawed foreign policy.

im in favor of catching and hanging the scum that drove planes into buildings in NYC as much as the next guy, but look at the damage the US is causing in iraq and 'stan. we are causing MORE problems there than not. we are messing up these regions by being over there to begin with. the arabs anti american because we are fooling around in their back yards. if foreign countries had military bases inside the US and were occupying our country, dont you think every country boy with a rifle would start taking pot shots at the occupying force? and wouldnt they be justified?

one way, constitutionally speaking, that was never tried was letters of marque and reprisal. why not put a bounty on these fuckers heads and pay the guys who bring him osama's head on a stick?

you cant keep occupying foreign countries to 'stabilize' the region and 'for political reasons' and expect to be able to have hunky dory results, when the fact that you are occupying their country is the cause of the insurgency.

you cant keep occupying foreign countries to 'stabilize' the region and 'for political reasons' and expect to be able to have hunky dory results, when the fact that you are occupying their country is the cause of the insurgency.

This is true, but I think Obama's angle is that we've already come so far. That's why he's sending so many troops, to really crush all opposition and create a condition of relative stability before withdrawing. I don't think this decision was premeditated, that he intended to escalate the occupation before he was even elected. I'm sure it wasn't an easy decision.

really you think their might be an ulterior motive? The only preconceived notion, as you like you like to put it, is that there will be a vacuum if the US left. The country is a shit hole...they need to bomb that shit up with some nukes and turn that fucking desert into a glass parking lot...he opposed the surge in Iraq, now its what needs to be done? WTF is this guy smoking, talking about change...hes doing the same shit the dick fuckers in the Bush regime did

Maybe. We'll see in 18 months, won't we? If the troops are still there in 2 years then start grumbling.

Also, although I've already read Guns, Germs, and Steel, I'd like to see a good in-depth historical analysis of the ecology/geography of the Middle East leading up to the present day. This type of approach really puts politics in perspective.

then start grumbling? In two fucking years? really? who do you think you are? We been in that country for damn near a decade. and have been funneling money for military objectives for decades! how the fuck you gonna say give it some time...They need to get the fuck outta there, stop spending all our tax payer dollars on that shit and invest that money into this country so we can create some fucking jobs or the incentive to create jobs. there aint no perspective to gain on this thing. They blowing billions of dollars and we are getting fucked by the government

That's not even the problem.

Why did he put a time on pulling out of Afghanistan, when every other time table for Iraq and Afghanistan was completely off?

More like, he knew that people DON'T want this to happen, so to make it seem not as bad as it could be, we'll only be there for another three years.

PFFT!

We'll have troops in Iraq and Afghanistan forever.

At least until the empire crumbles.

Chill with the picture posting Soaker. Don't mind it every once in awhile, but it's starting to get

annoying on every page.

You're smart enough to contribute to the conversation.

Kucinich: The War Is a Threat to Our National Security

Dennis Kucinich

WASHINGTON – December 3 – Following a speech on the Floor of the House of Representative, Congressman Dennis Kucinich (D-OH) made the following statement:

“America is in the fight of its life and that fight is not in Afghanistan — its here. We are deeply in debt. Our GDP is down. Our manufacturing is down. Our savings are down. The value of the dollar is down. Our trade deficit is up. Business failures are up. Bankruptcies are up.

“The war is a threat to our national security. We’ll spend over one $100 billion next year to bomb a nation of poor people while we reenergize the Taliban, destabilize Pakistan, deplete our army and put more of our soldiers’ lives on the line. Meanwhile, back here in the USA, 15 million people are out of work. People are losing their jobs, their health care, their savings, their investments, and their retirement security. $13 trillion in bailouts for Wall Street, trillions for war; when are we going to start taking care of things here at home?”

I can see why they are staying there, ok it was a war he inherited so essentially he could just pull all troops out but then you are leaving Afghanistan in the shit, but they should look at the history of the country, a central government will never work it is a tribal country. He should be setting a staggered pull out of troops rather than adding more troops there.

By announcing when they will pull out he is basically saying to the enemy to hold out til then and you can get back to business as usual.

By announcing when they will pull out he is basically saying to the enemy to hold out til then and you can get back to business as usual.

I think its more along the lines of...

since he is announcing to the world that this years recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize is perpetuating the assault on the people of Afghanistan by raising the number of troops to 100,000+.....That with such an unpopular decision must come a huge LIE to keep people in submissive rationalization of his horrible decision. Its to further con everybody like.."I know its fucked up, but we're leaving soon anyways so dont worry".. when he damn well knows he wont withdraw troops from the region. Did you guys forget that he also said he was gonna pull troops from iraq? did he do that???why would you believe him this time? why do you have such faith in a compulsive liar? hes just leading us on, well, who ever is stupid enough to be led by such a bogus sham.