sheit..weve all grown up on LEGOs check it.

ShortFuse

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i use to work for lego, and they where going under they did alot of cut backs but in the end they ended up moving to Mexico to pay workers 2 bucks an hour go figure. Today kids want xbox video games not 300 dollar toy brick sets, im not surprise they are targeting this kind of older crowed, they also did it with the starwars to target kids and older starwars collectors, but how many tricks can they pull out there ass before lego becomes a toy of the past?

understandable. For me LEGOs growing up were always a fuel for my imagination, something video games dont do. I mean video games give you that second life to live as someone else. It quenches that part of your brain but also turns the other to mush. Im not against video games but I still do have my LEGOs from childhood and will definitely pass them on to my children. I mean I even used my LEGOs for certain academic projects into at leats middle school. They are just an awesome toy that I would hope never become one thing of the past.

Interesting idea. I grew up with legos (of course) and I love Frank Lloyd designs. I just don't think they go together. Lloyd's designs are smooth and simple (from what seen) but legos are blocky and choppy (on a small scale). Kinda ruins the integrety of his designs IMHO.

Interesting idea. I grew up with legos (of course) and I love Frank Lloyd designs. I just don't think they go together. Lloyd's designs are smooth and simple (from what seen) but legos are blocky and choppy (on a small scale). Kinda ruins the integrety of his designs IMHO.

True. Although LEGOs through the years have done many things. Taking the place of planes, boats, cars etc. A lot of which are smooth objects but yet LEGO took them on with their bricks and have in the past won the joy of others. I can understand your thoughts towards Lloyds work but its LEGO taking and respecting that but putting it in their view. Sadly they are a dying company with the verge of going bankrupt. So this is another idea theyve come across to help them to make a profit but I also think it to be a good learning experience for younger ones along with a reminiscent adventure for the older to enjoy.

I just see it like a band today, let say a rock band, taking an old jazz song and reworking it into another genre. Respecting its tones like LEGO is respecting the resemblance of such structures just alternating what makes the final product.

ah this reminds me of what I got packed away as 2 of my favorites. Fucking Model Team sets were the shit.

101511.jpg

55211.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
Are the legit LEGO brand or some knock off like mega block or something? I dont have the money to look into it but if so....I think Ima stock up ahha

there are knockoffs there, but there is plenty of legit shit out there. 3, 5 6 pound increments. not terrible pricing. a lot of it is separated by bricks, people, plants, animals, shit like that.

i assume its people that are mad garage-salers buying up, but who knows, angry employees?

its amazing how much the lego building world changed with the introduction of the star wars products. the influx of gray bricks and weaponry open up so much. those tanks are fucking awesome.

thats what Im sayin. The talk of them going under and having to branch out and do things to attract more customers..I thought damn theyre going under with Starwars shit? Batman shit? and not to mention the video games which I must say are pretty damn fun ahahha

oh well.