NYC Subways - the good stuff-Best thread on 12 oz!

desism_ktc

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

3562839835_bb00f1f771_z.jpg?zz=1

"Ven & Reas assault the BMT Broadway Line in 1988. What is not mentioned in this article is the other other 40 clean cars painted on the F line the night before in FT Hamilton layups in Brooklyn. Unfortunately no documentation of this event but plenty from the the article above. It took them three days to pull off all trains to clean. So documentation of this event went down very well . The Q only runs about 10-12 sets so entire line was smashed.

This event also made TV news."

Re-post...

4981308248_626bff2df2_b.jpg

3827574722_86207f4fb9_b.jpg

5588983452_2fa6b2409e_b.jpg

5582176298_0405e0ca56_b.jpg

5581589609_d42f15a794_b.jpg

5581683831_55a5cf48c9_b.jpg

5582176540_d0b679a27c_b.jpg

5584033626_d757da0ea8_b.jpg

these flicks are outstanding, bump all of them.

i still can't get over the fact that heads seriously weren't painting the streets back then. even to practice...even to tag?? leftover paint?? nothing...all about them TRAINS....incredible

i still can't get over the fact that heads seriously weren't painting the streets back then. even to practice...even to tag?? leftover paint?? nothing...all about them TRAINS....incredible

I would like to preface this post with the fact that I am an unknown toy, just one of thousands of kids in B'Klyn. who took spray paint and pen to the New York Subway in the 80s. For me, it seemed a waste of time and supplies to hit the streets. Sure, I did the school yards and handball courts im my hood, or copped some tags at Dewy when I was hanging out by the Coney yard. But to this quasi outsiders perspective, it just wasn't done. Sure, the layups were dangerous and could be hot, but you generally had time and privacy. You could bring beer, wine, subway sandwiches... You could smoke, hangout and bomb. And the shit would travel. NYC seemed too spread out to this kid to bother trying to go to different hoods to tag or do throwups. It just seemed to belong on the trains. Of course, there would be big productions on some handball courts and whatnot, as many parks and schoolyards in NYC were not easily accessable by car and were pretty wide open, giving the opportunity to work in peace (piece?). But the culture revolved around trains, That was just how it was done. Again, these are just my own observations from hitting some BMTs in the early 80s and Benching the same period at Atlantic Ave. I am a novice and a nobody.

I can honestly say that me and my boys never had any leftover paint. We planned the cars, executed them to the best of our ability and anything left was used doing throwups and tags etc. It wasn't until later when the Amtraks walls started to rise up, it was the evolution of the 2's and 5's and 6's to the 238th and Pelham Bay Amtraks.

Eventually that evolved into street issues..You had those die hard street bombers that you would find on every block in every borough like Joz and Easy, even earlier Comet and Blade if you want to take it that far back...

it was a different world...

I can honestly say that me and my boys never had any leftover paint. We planned the cars, executed them to the best of our ability and anything left was used doing throwups and tags etc. It wasn't until later when the Amtraks walls started to rise up, it was the evolution of the 2's and 5's and 6's to the 238th and Pelham Bay Amtraks.

Eventually that evolved into street issues..You had those die hard street bombers that you would find on every block in every borough like Joz and Easy, even earlier Comet and Blade if you want to take it that far back...

it was a different world...

DONT FORGET TESS X-MEN LAROC LES...PRO & SON ON THE 7LINE.....QUIK DEMO IN JAMAICA,,..

Everyone hit the streets in the 70's and 80's. I remember in the mid 80's Shaker and Klass killed Harlem and the highways. There are a lot of great pieces on walls that have yet to appear online. Most of the hall of fame and riverside park pieces [and lots of writers took pictures at both of them] have yet to show up online. Anyone remember that schoolyard on the FDR approx 105 street that had a half dozen DEZ pieces in it? My local schoolyard had pieces by Kid Panama, Sharp, Zephyr, Revolt, Yes1, and about a half dozen by Spark who had these crazy letters made of dragons and animals and stuff that all ran for years. I know there are pictures, but have yet to see them.

Thanks for the info re-NE.

This is the only thread I like on the net. The pics and some comments really put me in that time. As I said previously you guys had it good. It also saddens me when I see and feel the pics of your times how we live now. Life will never be the same.

I read that Fuzz one book "A BRONX CHILDHOOD"and it was sick. Really takes you back. I know there must be so much more, so many more stories in peoples minds accompanied with pics that can make a book just as good. Not much that makes me feel that way. Puts you in the zone. I didnt want to leave :o

I know its hot or could hot up things but seeing something with all your yards and lay-ups would be sick. Accompanied with some good words would make a sick read. Favourite places to stand, mad ways in, pics of where you got away and how, where you would scope it from etc. Like the final chapter. All in the open. "EVERYTHING"

We see most of the pics of runners. But the stories behind each runner. The before, during and after would be a baaaaaaaaaaaaad read.

Im dreaming a little I know.

I love it too much.

So for the moment im just looking at pics imagining everything for myself :p