WORK OVERTIME?

BruceLeroy

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

When doing Contract work/ Site intergration testing, I am entitled to 84 hours weekly pay, on a 12 hour a day rate- The oil industry moving as it does i only work 36 hours approx, most of it is meeting with clients and waiting for the packet I am assigned to, to be called upon. Offshore or overseas I have the same entitlements, with the exception of a hundred dollar daily bonus. If the packet I am on is waiting for other packets to actualize (whether it be a day or two weeks my day rate is the same and am still paid) my day contract rate remains. Travel time is included, if it takes a day of boarding planes I receive that exact same rate, with expenses, car rentals and accommodations paid for by the client. The second I step out of my door I am earning money, and it usually feels like a paid vacation with abundant time to sight see and have a tourist face.

Overtime is good. The end.

When doing Contract work/ Site intergration testing, I am entitled to 84 hours weekly pay, on a 12 hour a day rate- The oil industry moving as it does i only work 36 hours approx, most of it is meeting with clients and waiting for the packet I am assigned to, to be called upon. Offshore or overseas I have the same entitlements, with the exception of a hundred dollar daily bonus. If the packet I am on is waiting for other packets to actualize (whether it be a day or two weeks my day rate is the same and am still paid) my day contract rate remains. Travel time is included, if it takes a day of boarding planes I receive that exact same rate, with expenses, car rentals and accommodations paid for by the client. The second I step out of my door I am earning money, and it usually feels like a paid vacation with abundant time to sight see and have a tourist face.

Overtime is good. The end.

I want in...what countries do you go to?

I want in...what countries do you go to?

We have accounts in England, Scotland, Brazil, Norway, Nigeria, America and the American gulf. Along with anything that may arise in the middle east or the rest of Europe.

And as far as taxes go- Suck it up and grind, or be an idealist.

overtime for me is tricky. my regular job takes out some taxes on it...but the portions i do use to suppliment my bussiness movement *i got a side bussiness i do* gets filed into bussiness expense. so at the end of tax season, i get a fair portion of my o.t. taxes back + some intrest from the bussiness side as long as i keep good records. but if its' a bad season of sales, my overtime is worthless. so its' kind of a good thing/bad thing sometimes.

I said above that I'm salaried, which is cool because I like working but I can just take off and it's no thing on my check. I do miss how I used to work extra hours and get paid, but now my assistant does it and I make sure he knows to get his hours in. I am surprised that so many people here have so much to say about it - is this a new thing? Overtime to me was always just a few extra bucks - what are you all doing that makes you work so hard?

i'm gettin extra hours because we're understaffed. and its' my job to train new people. but our turn-around rate lately has been terrible. its' winter-tourist season here. meaning we hire people for 2-3months, then boom they're leaving to og back to their state. and o.t. for me is actually my hourly rate doubled.