R. Crumb

deterrent

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

no originals. just a few of his books and whatnot. its suprisingly hard to find a variety of his work online. theres so much, but its all the same, when he has a ton more out there. all those sketch book volumes from his whole life and everything else.

i fucking want that sex obsessions book really bad, but its 450 dollars on amazon. thats outrajuuuuuuuuuus.

basils the real deal cause he was already killing it with that type shit way before crumb. i have nothing but respect for crumb but his stuff was still real simple and crude, no shading and crosshatching perfection up until the late 60s early 70s. basil had already put in mad work in the same vein and was dead by then. innovative for real.

• 2 weeks later...

my dad still has originals of some of this stuff, along with the freek brothers and what not. next time i see my parents i have to look for that stuff. my dad was a hippy, had the long hair, beard, protested the war and all thet good shit.

did anyone see the crumb documentary? dudes family is seriously weird. he talked about how his style of illustration was influenced by lsd and mentioned the shapes of the cars. that reminded me the first time i did acid, cars looked real rounded and puffy just like in crumb's drawings...they also moved non linearly and would stop, then reappear at another place in the road like magic. took me like 20 minutes to cross a busy street AT the light and cross walk. good times.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...