What a shitty ass way to start off a weekend.

I was born here

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

its the effort that counts.

if you swing enough, you are bound to hit something

But you can only swing at the balls that are thrown for you.

Not too many people are willing to work at McDonalds for $5.50 an hour.

Shit's gotta change. We need industry to return to this country.

More real jobs for the have nots + no more lead contaminated toys + less people having to resort to hustling and robbing niggas to get by = win/win.

/nocrossfire.

true true. but its the spirit that comes with it.

america has a bunch of sore loosers.

but we do need more jobs. and with the current housing problems we have right now.

please correct me if im wrong, but i heard some shit that, we are ganna loose 1.7 trillion dollars in homes or some shit. and 500,000 jobs will be lost

Didn't feel starting a new thread, but it could be worse:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crime/2007/12/08/2007-12-08_a_train_victim_talks_may_go_to_cops.html#video

Go to the end of the video.

^Real talk... homeboy's a fucking pussy.

Fuck that not hitting girls bullshit.

If they wanna act up like they men then treat them as such.

That's one example of an instance where "don't hit girls" goes right out the window.

I woulda jawed the shit out of each and every one of them dike ass bitches one after the other.

Full throttle.

Fucking nut ass dikes.

That study also reaks of bullshit.

How the fuck we have a higher murder rate than countries like Samolia and Iraq etc???

Fuck outa here. Yall gotta stop falling for this shit.

Every major city in the US is bitching about the murder rate being insane lately.

Fact is, is that it's half that of what it was in the early 90's.

If you don't believe me, look it up for yourselves.

The media is just trying to use fear tactics to sway everybody into backing the comming police state. As if we're not already there as it is.

Guest shai_hulud
115??? Yall only got 115 murders this year???

Yall know that 115 is a pretty low murder rate right?

Fucking media! :lol:

Dude...there's only 400,000 people in Oakland.

Plus, those murders are concentrated in three neighborhoods. I used to live in one of those neighborhoods.

If you still live where you used to live, then your west side of town is like our west side of town. Our east side of town is like your south side.

According to folks I know who lived in both places. That's just to give you a point of reference.

How many people have been killed this year where you're at? Just curious.

That study also reaks of bullshit.

How the fuck we have a higher murder rate than countries like Samolia, Iraq etc???

Fuck outa here. Yall gotta stop falling for this shit.

Every major city in the US is bitching about the murder rate being insane lately.

Fact is, is that it's half that of what it was in the early 90's.

If you don't believe me, look it up for yourselves.

The media is just trying to use fear tactics to sway everybody into backing the comming police state. As if we're not already there as it is.

somalia barely has a functioning ogvernment i doubt theyd round up a commitee to see how many murders are being commited

same with iraq kinda

shits in chaos and people have better things to be doing that figuring out their murder by capita rate

somalia barely has a functioning ogvernment i doubt theyd round up a commitee to see how many murders are being commited

same with iraq kinda

shits in chaos and people have better things to be doing that figuring out their murder by capita rate

^Exactly.

But still, America today is tame as fuck compared to 10-15 years ago.

And people got a short term memory and actually believe this media hype bullshit.

And they're all shaking in their boots and praying for a stronger police dominance.

Just like the government and media wants.

Dude...there's only 400,000 people in Oakland.

Plus, those murders are concentrated in three neighborhoods. I used to live in one of those neighborhoods.

If you still live where you used to live, then your west side of town is like our west side of town. Our east side of town is like your south side.

According to folks I know who lived in both places. That's just to give you a point of reference.

How many people have been killed this year where you're at? Just curious.

If you're talking about Philly, last I heard it was 300 something. And that was a few months back. And that's still tame as shit compared to the early 90's. And there's alot more people living in Philly now than there was then.

Out of curiosity, you think you could dig up oaklands murder rate any year from the early 90's? Just to compare it to now?

I remember bringing this up in another forum and somebody actually looked it up and the murder rate in I think it was 1990 in Philly was 500 something.

Guest shai_hulud
^Exactly.

But still, America today is tame as fuck compared to 10-15 years ago.

And people got a short term memory and actually believe this media hype bullshit.

And they're all shaking in their boots and praying for a stronger police dominance.

Just like the government and media wants.

This is partially true.

But, check it out-

415,492 divided by 115 is about one murder for every 3,600 people.

Where you're at, it's 1,517,550 divided by 373, or 1 murder for about every 4,060 people.

That's just statistics, it doesn't mean shit's more wild here or less wild there. It means that it's roughly 10% more likely to get killed on the streets of Oakland.

I looked up the numbers online, they're out there if you want to check my math.

Both cities obviously have it bad. It's a tragedy anyway you look at it.

I think the reason a lot of this shit is happening is that more money is being spent on national defense and incarceration than on education, health care, or job development.

But, that's just me.

For the record, I never said anything about murder quota before this. I don't think it's anything to boast about either.

http://www.urbanstrategies.org/programs/csj/oak_homicides.html

According to this, 148 last year. That's a fair sized decrease compared to this year.

Maybe violence in general has been declining.

• Like 1

Guest shai_hulud
If you're talking about Philly, last I heard it was 300 something. And that was a few months back. And that's still tame as shit compared to the early 90's. And there's alot more people living in Philly now than there was then.

Out of curiosity, you think you could dig up oaklands murder rate any year from the early 90's? Just to compare it to now?

I remember bringing this up in another forum and somebody actually looked it up and the murder rate in I think it was 1990 in Philly was 500 something.

Yeah. It peaked somewhere around 150 in 1993, I think.

But, Oakland was SO fucking crazy back then. Thank crack for that.

Same with Philly. Same with DC. There's a town called East Palo Alto across the Bay that had the highest per capita rate for a few years running in the 90's. I used to buy dope there. It was fucking SICK. Dirt roads, chickens in the street...most of the streets were dead ends, and the dealers would park nose-in. If shit went down or they felt like jacking someone, they'd back the cars up and block people in and open up on them. It's calmed down a lot since then, but that was all crack-related too.

I'm looking for the actual numbers right now.

This is partially true.

But, check it out-

415,492 divided by 115 is about one murder for every 3,600 people.

Where you're at, it's 1,517,550 divided by 373, or 1 murder for about every 4,060 people.

That's just statistics, it doesn't mean shit's more wild here or less wild there. It means that it's roughly 10% more likely to get killed on the streets of Oakland.

I looked up the numbers online, they're out there if you want to check my math.

Both cities obviously have it bad. It's a tragedy anyway you look at it.

I think the reason a lot of this shit is happening is that more money is being spent on national defense and incarceration than on education, health care, or job development.

But, that's just me.

I think you're missing my point. I'm not trying to say that one city is badder than the other, I'm just saying that shit today aint nearly as wild and murderous as the media is trying to make it out to be. Or at least not as crazy as it was when you and I were coming up.

I can't speak for Oakland, but I know FOR A FACT that Philly is tame as shit nowadays compared to how it was when I was a teenager. And from stories I've heard, you couldn't even walk through most neighborhoods in the 1970's if you weren't from there or at least with somebody from there.

I'm just saying that the media is hyping shit WAY beyond what it is.

And they're doing the same headlines in alot of cities across the country.

Same with Philly. Same with DC. There's a town called East Palo Alto across the Bay that had the highest per capita rate for a few years running in the 90's. I used to buy dope there. It was fucking SICK. Dirt roads, chickens in the street...most of the streets were dead ends, and the dealers would park nose-in. If shit went down or they felt like jacking someone, they'd back the cars up and block people in and open up on them. It's calmed down a lot since then, but that was all crack-related too.

palo alto is weird....you have million dollar homes (close to downtown)...then you go over the freeway and BAM!...ghetto!...

you have stanford there....and you have tongan crips..

thats weird.

people are hard these days

what can you do?

hahaha, you got that wrong my friend. People these days are soft as baby shit. Technology and evolutions in our consciousness have changed the world considerably. Consider how society functioned back in 200 B.C. or even 1200 A.D. Shit was raw as fuck then.