MARKER SUPERDUPERTHREAD

FROSTY

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Ah, what the internet can make people do^ haha.

Anyway, I took an oink replacement mini mop nib and put it one of these guys:

http://i.ehow.com/images/GlobalPhoto/Articles/4888810/004-main_Full.jpg

It's about 4 oz., and filled with some silver Rusto bucket paint with about 1/5 thinner. I recommend taking out the regulator in those nibs if you're going to use any amount less than 1/3 thinner in your paint mix.

that tampon marker looks like an ink bomb waiting to happen. poor rookie writer that fills that with silver grog and it bursts in their pocket..

on another note, because i didn't feel like asking in the ink thread (paint isn't ink!!), anyone have any ideas for a good gold paint i can use in markers?

i've been messing with the little 1/4 ounce testors paint bottles but it takes 6-8 just to fill an envelope sealer.

i know gold krink didn't work at all, supposedly, but nobody uses gold and i think it would pop nicely. i would be thinning it with mineral spirits.

Well since you mentioned Krink, I assume you may want to buy something. Your best bet for buying things I'd say would probably be that Smash stuff. I'm not really one for buying graff supplies, and I've never used Smash, but I've heard nothing but good things about running Smash through markers. I also assume you're talking about a woodcraft-ish body when you say marker.

I've never actually tried this other solution, but you could rack, say, 10-20 gold prismacolors or decocolors and just empty those into your marker. I personally have emptied a few decocolors into some empty white out pens and it worked out very nicely.

Or you could always experiment with some golf pigments in xylene or something else.

Or if you wanted to try straight rusto bucket paint, you could attempt to run thinned rusto through a marker... not sure how well that'd work though.

OR- you could take some gold spray paint, empty that into a container of your choice, let it sit for a while (to let the aerosol chemicals in it evaporate- you don't your marker exploding from pressure), and then use that. I bet that would work.

Hm... I think I may go try some of those...

that tampon marker looks like an ink bomb waiting to happen. poor rookie writer that fills that with silver grog and it bursts in their pocket..

on another note, because i didn't feel like asking in the ink thread (paint isn't ink!!), anyone have any ideas for a good gold paint i can use in markers?

i've been messing with the little 1/4 ounce testors paint bottles but it takes 6-8 just to fill an envelope sealer.

i know gold krink didn't work at all, supposedly, but nobody uses gold and i think it would pop nicely. i would be thinning it with mineral spirits.

Ace makes a metallic gold oil based paint that should be available in half pints and possibly larger sizes. I'd cop one of those and see how that goes.

In other news, I thought I'd, and hopefully some others would begin posting new, or at least different markers and mops and they come across them. I'm going to try to start posting about one a week or so, regardless of whether they're similar or not, just getting a collection of different markers and mops, and get some photos of them. I'm going to try and start with two here, later tonight.

a woodcraft or a mop would be nice. i saw small tins of gold at the store today.. worth a try. results when i do

Well damn if you're just using a mop, then there are a multitude of gold bucket paints that you could just throw in with some thinner and a classic Kiwi mop. I thought your situation was a bit more complicated... But seriously, stick with mops and paint.

OR- you could take some gold spray paint, empty that into a container of your choice, let it sit for a while (to let the aerosol chemicals in it evaporate- you don't your marker exploding from pressure), and then use that. I bet that would work.

Hm... I think I may go try some of those...

dude i have a tough little bunch of decos that i refill all day with this big jagermeister bottle of silver colorplace. that shit is like fucking worth its weight in gold right now cuz they just dont make that shit anymore. i filled it, evapped most of the solvent, added pure xylene and acetone and bam, shit is golden. i got like an eigth of the batch left. so supplies are low, but like, these days the fuckin decos dont have as much paint as they used to. they are like 1/3 full.

^^^Damn that sounds like a lethal mix. I personally hate working with oil paints and paint thinner... Don't know why, just do. I prefer xylene and acetone based paints and inks. I'm definitely gonna go try something like that and try and run it through a woodcraft.

AA_HP_GoldMetallic_L.gif

This stuff is seriously the shit for metallics.

I promise a flick within 2 days.

• Like 1