MARKER SUPERDUPERTHREAD

FROSTY

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Well, there are a few objectionable points buying graff supplies online... But hey, it's your money, so do whatever you want.

These are the markers/things that I say do NOT and I mean NEVER buy:

-OTR (paint, flowpen, anything)

-Molotow (any marker)

-Art Primo Mop (although buying the replacement nibs for your own mops may be a good idea)

-Art Primo Kiwi Mop

I say do not buy those because you can easily access the exact same things at your local arts and crafts store such as michaels.

The reason I did not mention KRink is because the markers he offers are extremely durable and unique, and the mops he uses are extremely versatile.

The pilot jumbo is probably the classic of all classics... you can't go wrong. If you decided to blow all your money on pilot jumbos and pilot refill ink, it would not be a waste of an order.

To be honest, I'd recommend that you buy only ink and MAYBE a marker that you really really really want. Do Em Dirty, Oink, Pilot, Marsh, and Garvey is my top 5 (not sequentially) for inks, just in my opinion.

Websites like artprimo are really great and convenient... but it's sad to see how everything in graffiti is becoming so "pre-packaged." Doing things yourself teaches you so much more... Make your own ink, thin your own paint, find your own markers, make your own mops... You'd be surprised at what amazing things your imagination can create.

Well, there are a few objectionable points buying graff supplies online... But hey, it's your money, so do whatever you want.

These are the markers/things that I say do NOT and I mean NEVER buy:

-OTR (paint, flowpen, anything)

-Molotow (any marker)

-Art Primo Mop (although buying the replacement nibs for your own mops may be a good idea)

-Art Primo Kiwi Mop

I say do not buy those because you can easily access the exact same things at your local arts and crafts store such as michaels.

The reason I did not mention KRink is because the markers he offers are extremely durable and unique, and the mops he uses are extremely versatile.

The pilot jumbo is probably the classic of all classics... you can't go wrong. If you decided to blow all your money on pilot jumbos and pilot refill ink, it would not be a waste of an order.

To be honest, I'd recommend that you buy only ink and MAYBE a marker that you really really really want. Do Em Dirty, Oink, Pilot, Marsh, and Garvey is my top 5 (not sequentially) for inks, just in my opinion.

Websites like artprimo are really great and convenient... but it's sad to see how everything in graffiti is becoming so "pre-packaged." Doing things yourself teaches you so much more... Make your own ink, thin your own paint, find your own markers, make your own mops... You'd be surprised at what amazing things your imagination can create.

The problem with that is that I don't have steady access to all of the necessary ingredients to MAKE the inks. I'd have to bust into my friend's garage and jack some of his paint, thinner, DOT3, etc, mix it, bottle it, and then bring it home. Then I have to find something to put the ink in (aka make my own marker / mop) and I don't have the greatest ingenuity when it comes to that...I tried many times to make a marker / mop and it leaked all over me.

This is why I was going to resort to buying a marker and then just refilling it with whatever I made / or bought when I came down to that point in time. Other things like paint, ingredients for ink - making, etc. I rack...I'm a graff artist not a poser, haha.

I think I might buy an empty Pilot Jumbo and make some ink. I can get the ingredients, but I have to wait until the right time to go and jack them...and I'm very impatient, haha. But, say you had to choose ONE ink to use to make your marker's ink...what would it be of teh 5 that you listed above? What's the end all be all best one around? Keep in mind that I'm not made of money either, haha.

First off, any Pilot you buy is never empty... They come juiced and ready to roll. Part of why they're so amazing.

And as for making your own ink... Search. This. Thread. There are a million recipes for making your own pen ink. It's actually very quite simple and easy, not to mention effective.

And as for making your own marker, I think you misunderstood me. Go to Michaels, find a Zig Woodcraft Marker or Zig 2 Way Glue Marker or a Martha Stewart Glue Marker, empty it, clean it, and then fill it with your own ink. BAM! You have either an OTR or an OTR mini in your hand (in my opinion, much much much better). Or go to any arts and crafts store and find a Tee Juice marker (same as the art primo mini mop), empty it, replace the nib with one from art primo or use chalkboard eraser, refill it with your own ink, and bam... Glorious. Same thing with a Kiwi Shoe Polish mop... You get the idea.

And if you were to buy one ink... that's a tough one. Personally, I like oink ink. Maybe it's just because asdf recommended it a long time ago, or maybe because it's just real good. Out of those five, you can't really go wrong though... Garvey and Marsh are classics... I'll wait for other people in this thread to voice their opinion about ink. Actually, on second thought, go to the ink thread and search around, and ask there.

you can even make yer own ink(obviously). the BEST staining ink ive ever had i made doing the bic method and a few magical ingredients... it took a long time to dry but i buff tested it against some of the best inks and it came out best(even oink).

First off, any Pilot you buy is never empty... They come juiced and ready to roll. Part of why they're so amazing.

And as for making your own ink... Search. This. Thread. There are a million recipes for making your own pen ink. It's actually very quite simple and easy, not to mention effective.

And as for making your own marker, I think you misunderstood me. Go to Michaels, find a Zig Woodcraft Marker or Zig 2 Way Glue Marker or a Martha Stewart Glue Marker, empty it, clean it, and then fill it with your own ink. BAM! You have either an OTR or an OTR mini in your hand (in my opinion, much much much better). Or go to any arts and crafts store and find a Tee Juice marker (same as the art primo mini mop), empty it, replace the nib with one from art primo or use chalkboard eraser, refill it with your own ink, and bam... Glorious. Same thing with a Kiwi Shoe Polish mop... You get the idea.

And if you were to buy one ink... that's a tough one. Personally, I like oink ink. Maybe it's just because asdf recommended it a long time ago, or maybe because it's just real good. Out of those five, you can't really go wrong though... Garvey and Marsh are classics... I'll wait for other people in this thread to voice their opinion about ink. Actually, on second thought, go to the ink thread and search around, and ask there.

man actually you hit it on the head.

oink is good for commercial, but only the black. pilot is GREAT for local cuz it is very staining, dries glossy and it bleeds through most buff.

pen ink is the shit, and anything with dot3 is not the shit. learn that right away. matter fact write it down. if you get marsh, make sure it is t-grade, and if you wanna buy a marker that will be with you for the rest of your life, get a t-99 (they are on AP for like 20$ dont get the cheaper one) they will last a lifetime, and if youc ant afford that most art shops have pilot jumbos for like less than 4$ and once you break down the nib like with any marker the shit is fuckin tits.

i have one that is all bent to shit cuz i stepped on it and i still use it almost every day because now it is EVEN better. (hard to imagine i know, but it made like an ergonomic grip for my hand when i stepped on it. weird eh?)

i feel like writing the pilot people a big thank you note.

• Like 1

^Nevermind. Anywhere I can get the applicator in the jar like Griffin?

witches brew comes with that shit but you cant get just the bottle.

and to 561! - that was based on letting it sit for just a couple minutes. i just realized that it shows better after you let it sit. but i aint lyin about that ink, only problem was it took 2 days to dry haha so i scrapped the recipe.

and does anybody know if they allready pulled sharpie paint markers off the shelves? where i live at all the art stores and that got rid of pilots years ago cause of graff... yeah the sharpie ink sucked but with good ink they were similar to pilots. (and rackable)

use an old empty tin of PVC primer. they have the top with the brush dauber

if not, you can make your own by wrappeing some wadding in a sturdy wire and looping the wire at the top wider than the jar mouth and then wedging it in the cap. kinda like dipping easter eggs.

Those little whiteout pens are cool. Except Presto's are still 100x better. I have probably refilled my Presto Whiteout pen over 50 times... That shit has seen everything from pilot ink to ghetto krink and it's still goin' strong.

I just picked up some of those replacement nibs for those Oink mops from my friend. I know they'll fit on those Tee Juice mops and other similar forms, but does anybody know of any KRink-like bodies that they'll fit onto? I've searched and searched through things from hand sanitizer to eye droppers and haven't found a single match. Help a brotha out?

Those little whiteout pens are cool. Except Presto's are still 100x better. I have probably refilled my Presto Whiteout pen over 50 times... That shit has seen everything from pilot ink to ghetto krink and it's still goin' strong.

I just picked up some of those replacement nibs for those Oink mops from my friend. I know they'll fit on those Tee Juice mops and other similar forms, but does anybody know of any KRink-like bodies that they'll fit onto? I've searched and searched through things from hand sanitizer to eye droppers and haven't found a single match. Help a brotha out?

hotel shampoo. if they work on contact solution, they work in nose spray bottles. which are very dope in themselves to say the least.