Do It With Yourself Superthread - no homo

WorldBench

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Re: Do It Yourself Superthread

Anyone remember when radio shack used to carry parts for all your electronic DIY projects..... I must have built at least 15 different beige boxes with parts from radio shack... now they carry nothing...

Anyone remember when radio shack used to carry parts for all your electronic DIY projects..... I must have built at least 15 different beige boxes with parts from radio shack... now they carry nothing...

depends on what rad shack you go to, some still carry quite a bit of diy electronic parts. on the beige box tip, first time i made one i was surprised when i opened my first tele network interface box and it had a test jack in it so you could just plug a regular rj11 into it. beige box parts turned out to be a total waste of money.

depends on what rad shack you go to, some still carry quite a bit of diy electronic parts. on the beige box tip, first time i made one i was surprised when i opened my first tele network interface box and it had a test jack in it so you could just plug a regular rj11 into it. beige box parts turned out to be a total waste of money.

all the ones I have been to recently haven't had any parts... I even asked them if they still carried parts at the stores I have been to and they told me I have to shop online through their website to get parts... Now its all cell phones, ipods, and other electronic devices...

Haha thats great.... I used to live in this building with an old old telephone line system just sitting open in the basement... and then there was a box that was constantly unlocked right next door...

I got a DIY request... I was actually looking for these to post... but have to go to class...

Cell phone jammer schematics.... I used to have them... and all the pages with links I have visited seem to do down....

dude we found a flow switch in the auto-section of walmart.

you can connect it to a hose and superglue a funnel into it. than you'd have a killer ass beer bong. because you could have a nozzllleee yaa boy.

if i had time, i'd create a beer pong table, and shave in cup holders for placement. i think that'd be sickkk. and then 1 shaved in the middle so you can play kings cup! with beer holders around the whole outside. that'd be sick too.

Ok, since there is an over whelming request for these pictures and project, here are the pictures with the text

I replaced the front chain ring and cranks on my bicycle to a larger one. The chain started rubbing against the chain guard.

chainguard_extension_9.jpg

solution.

Cut a length of 4 cm X 1.5 cm brass sheet, thick enough to be rigid.

Drill one hole at one end and another at the other end, large enough to accomodate fasteners.

Secure one end of brass plate to chain guard frame armature.

Secure other end of brass plate to chain guard eyelet on bicycle frame.

This extends securing point and increases space between chain ring and chain guard, no more rattle.

chainguard_extension_11.jpg

chainguard_extension_6.jpg

Re: Toggle switch to Howard Stern Show

Wired a clock radio to a switch to add options for audio out of the built in speaker or a pair of head phone for privacy at work. I interupted the built in speaker wire route to a toggle switch. Built this 10 years ago so I can listen to the Howard Stern Show in the morning while at work.

switch_wire_68.jpg

The toggle switch to choose built in speaker or head phones option.

switch_wire_2.jpg

Built head phones jack out of plastic sheet and wired in.

switch_wire_4.jpg

switch_wire_44.jpg