Graffiti artist sues Rockstar!

STYLEISKING

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The way I see it... back in '86 when I started... and when my boys started in the late '70's... same era as Daze... graffiti was a poor inner-city thing (Zephyr excluded) that kids used to say fuck you to the system that refused to recognize them... graf gave writers a voice that they weren't given otherwise; thus the concept of fame... so the way I see it... suing them is the same as the reasons graf started in the first place... to say fuck the system. If you're getting paid off of graf... that's your business and you can choose who to do business with... so I can see why he might be pissed that the choice was taken away from him without his consent. But... as the 2nd and third waves of graffiti came to be (suburbs & skaters), I can also see why some here would show no respect or understand his actions... because no matter whose name you might know from the history books... you are still oblivious to the reasons why graffiti came to be in the first place.

The way I see it... back in '86 when I started... and when my boys started in the late '70's... same era as Daze... graffiti was a poor inner-city thing (Zephyr excluded) that kids used to say fuck you to the system that refused to recognize them... graf gave writers a voice that they weren't given otherwise; thus the concept of fame... so the way I see it... suing them is the same as the reasons graf started in the first place... to say fuck the system. If you're getting paid off of graf... that's your business and you can choose who to do business with... so I can see why he might be pissed that the choice was taken away from him without his consent. But... as the 2nd and third waves of graffiti came to be (suburbs & skaters), I can also see why some here would show no respect or understand his actions... because no matter whose name you might know from the history books... you are still oblivious to the reasons why graffiti came to be in the first place.

Troof

YO THIS NIGGA IS JUST TRYIN TO GET THAT GUAP, FORGET SITTING AROUND PLAYING THE SHIT WITH HIS HOMEBOYS, HE PROLLY SAW THE SHIT WAS LIKE "THATS WASSUP" THEN 3 HOURS LATER WAS WATCHING TV AND SEEN THE COMMERCIAL FOR THE NEW BENZ, AND WAS LIKE *LIGHT BULB* "IMA SUE THESE NIGGAS AND GET THIS GUAP SO I CAN COP THIS WHIP, I AINT SELLIN ENOUGH CANVASES"...AND A LAWSUIT WAS BORN. I GIVE THE DUDE RESPECT CUZ HE'S OLD SCHOOL AND SHIT, BUT THIS IS A SILLY ASS LAWSUIT. LIKE HOMIE SAID THATS LIKE ME PRESSING CHARGES ON A NIGGA FOR STEALING AN OUNCE OF BLOW FROM MY CRIB.

copywrite or trademark?

Copyright may apply to a wide range of creative, intellectual, or artistic forms, or "works". Specifics vary by jurisdiction, but these can include poems, theses, plays, other literary works, movies, dances, musical compositions, audio recordings, paintings, drawings, sculptures, photographs, software, radio and television broadcasts, and industrial designs. Graphic designs and industrial designs may have separate or overlapping laws applied to them in some jurisdictions.

A trademark is a type of intellectual property, and typically comprises a name, word, phrase, logo, symbol, design, image, or a combination of these elements. There is also a range of non-conventional trademarks comprising marks which do not fall into these standard categories.

Archived