Graffiti artist sues Rockstar!

STYLEISKING

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh dont tell them the truth....

I dont know who cares, kids an art school homo if you ask me....

Still, I give props to him for doing his thing back in the day....

But still, no doubt holding it down like an art school homo....

Don't go abusing me because you think differ, obviously that makes you an

art school homo.

Art school homos like to gang bang, so I will know you are an art school homo.

I don't even remember there being specific pieces of graffiti in GTA3.

They must of sat there for days on end playing it, blazed off their faces and found it.

I hope he loses, it will send a stern message to art school homos.

Time to go find another thread.

:lol:

Some of you kids are rediculous. How you gonna disrespect an oldschool cat for having a comon name? Dude was probably the only one writing that shit when he started. And calling him an artschool homo? Dude was bombing subway trains before you were probably born. Yo it's MAD disrespectful toys with no respect for the oldheads up in here.

Somebody post a flick of the video game jawn so we can see if it even looks like dudes shit or not.

Ok I'm not disrespecting him as a writer cause I do know my history. It was more a disrespect to his character of being a fag that sues for pretty much nothing. He's trying to claim a small section in an area map in a fictional game for fucks sake. Talk about owning your ups. I dont see cope 2 making plays for Mike meyers wallet after the last shrek movie. I'm sorry I made a joke that might've offended you down ass bombin hip hop tagsters there who will probably end up suing priority mail for advertising your tag on its mailbox that you yourself put up........."I feel like I'm taking crazy pills"

Ok I'm not disrespecting him as a writer cause I do know my history. It was more a disrespect to his character of being a fag that sues for pretty much nothing. He's trying to claim a small section in an area map in a fictional game for fucks sake.

Nobody's even posted the shit yet. What if it turns out that it is a direct bite of dude's shit?

Personally, I woudn't sue, but then I don't sell paintings in art galleries so who am I to judge an oldhead if it turns out that it was actually a direct bite of some shit he did?

Maybe money feels like he shoulda signed off on that shit? Or like dude said earlier, maybe he was sitting around smoking weed with his homie and his homie was like "yooooo... you shoulda got paid for that. You should get a lawyer and get paid for that shit."

Either way who the fuck is any of yous to diss an oldhead that been paid his dues before you even know if the shit was a bite or not? Cause if it was, then maybe he got a good point trying to get some dough outa the situation. Everybody got bills and they need to be paid.

I'm down for gettin money people know that but suing about something like this is going about it in the wrong way direct bite or not. You yourself said you wouldnt sue and I really doubt you would if you were in his position also and in the same turn its like so what you're going to get compensated for a small scroll in the game when i pan views and oh and almost see your piece. Also the artist for the game can say he came up with it independently so instead of wasting his time he can go back to his art shows and shit and being productive. And you're talking about an "oldhead"..... My friend you got to learn that outside of the graff game most people don't know or give a fuck about people like us. So if he's going to be a complete fuckbag in real life it totally negates the fact that he was an "oldhead"

And you're talking about an "oldhead"..... My friend you got to learn that outside of the graff game most people don't know or give a fuck about people like us. So if he's going to be a complete fuckbag in real life it totally negates the fact that he was an "oldhead"

You see that's the thing. Where I come from writers have mad respect for their history and their oldheads. Aparently it's not like that in alot of other places. Where I come from graffiti aint just some fad that 16 year old kids do and eventually grow out of. Respect for your oldheads is mandatory. If you have no respect for your history and your oldheads you're considered a nut. Because just like you said, nobody outside of the graff world gives a shit about us, that's why you should show a little extra respect to those that came before you because nobody else gives a shit about them or you outside of graffiti. Most of them ruined their lives doing what they did. What we do. What we probably wouldn't be doing if it weren't for them. And lets face it, most of us ARE "fuckbags" in real life anyways.

Alls I'm saying is sombody needs to post a flick of that shit before we all go rushing to conclusions. I think Daze probably deserves a little more respect than that.

Well for the sake of ending this we'll have to see the pics and if it's dead on im saying they can still say they came up with it independently cause its hard to claim a piece thats out on the streets. And yeah graffiti is not deeply routed into my blood not by location but by choice. But good intelligent arguement...I approve.

You see that's the thing. Where I come from writers have mad respect for their history and their oldheads. Aparently it's not like that in alot of other places. Where I come from graffiti aint just some fad that 16 year old kids do and eventually grow out of. Respect for your oldheads is mandatory. If you have no respect for your history and your oldheads you're considered a nut. Because just like you said, nobody outside of the graff world gives a shit about us, that's why you should show a little extra respect to those that came before you because nobody else gives a shit about them or you outside of graffiti. Most of them ruined their lives doing what they did. What we do. What we probably wouldn't be doing if it weren't for them. And lets face it, most of us ARE "fuckbags" in real life anyways.

Alls I'm saying is sombody needs to post a flick of that shit before we all go rushing to conclusions. I think Daze probably deserves a little more respect than that.

ART SCHOOL HOMO...... GO HOME!

Jesus, this thread is a retard convention.

I don't know Daze personally, but I'd say that it's a safe bet that he's not sitting on a couch smoking blunts and playing video games with his boys. It's also a safe bet that there is virtually nobody on this board that understands the convergence of graffiti, art, advertising, and copyright as thoroughly as he does, given that this is what dude is doing for a living all day while you guys are busy keeping it real in math class. Obviously Daze is a popular name, because it's a great letter combo. I'll give dude the benefit of the doubt and say that he probably realizes this, and wouldn't be suing Rockstar just for using the word, since he wouldn't have a fucking leg to stand on (or any chance of finding a lawyer who would take his case).

So if we assume that it is, indeed, a direct bite, then we can also assume that Rockstar did it in hopes of cashing in on the infamy associated with someone who has been a well known and respected member of the graffiti culture since it's early days. Otherwise, they would have just hired someone to create a generic piece for them. That's just how these things work. Big companies figure out (or pay someone else to tell them) what kids think is cool, and then they figure out how to associate themselves with it. Sure, most people don't care or know shit about graffiti-- but a good portion of Rockstar's target audience does, and they know it. Remeber when they hired prominent writers to do GTA pieces in every major city when San Andreas came out? Trust me, in the world of marketing, shit like this is no accident.

I'm glad some other people feel about Daze like I do. You can tell who's been in the game for awhile based on their posts. Daze has rights. He has transcended from graffiti writer to marketable artist whether some of you feel he's not "keeping it real" or whatever about it. He's made his graffiti his life blood and is now set from it. It is intellectual property and most likely the piece they used was from a purchased commissioned project. I hope he wins.

You see that's the thing. Where I come from writers have mad respect for their history and their oldheads ...What we do. What we probably wouldn't be doing if it weren't for them. And lets face it, most of us ARE "fuckbags" in real life anyways.

I'm not going to get into some big to do over THIS case,

but I will say there is HUGE chunk of HISTORY about Daze

and others that is being left out...

Daze was on the forefront of COMMERCIALIZING "graffiti."

One of the first to put it on a canvas and sell it to rich art

dealers looking for the next big thing.

So while I KNOW that Daze isn't an ART SCHOOL ASSHOLE,

and that he came up from the bottom. I still have no respect

for taking something like graffiti, putting a price tag on it, and

still calling it graffiti... because once it is a legal and public

issue, it's NOT graffiti anymore. It's just ART.

EDIT: Besides my point^^, It still IS his intellectual property

if they used his ART in the game.

Honestly, the only way we can tell is with the picture. If it's a direct bite, then he has the right to get paid for it. I honestly don't understand why so many writers and some wanna be writers are slammin Daze when all he's trying to do is make a living. Graffiti is his job, just like some of us go out and work in stores, fall back.