17-year-Cicadas

louise2wease

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So on Sunday I was out riding [horses] with friends. We went on these paths that were surrounded by 7-8 foot bushes on either side of us. The bushes were COATED in the little shits. We would kick the bushes and they would jump off them and fly around us. It was funny to watch some of the sissy/girly chicks freak out when me and my boys would catch them and throw them at them. There were a good fifteen per foot on each bush. Definitely believe the whole 1.5 million per acre thing now. It was crazy awesome. I didn't get pictures of the bugs because all I had was my phone for a camera and you can't see details but this is where I was::

3-1.jpg

Oh right, also, they aren't half as bad as I thought they were. I was scared of them before, but not anymore. They are each an inch or more long. They have huge red eyes. My next door neighbor's dog eats them... She hunts around their backyard for them. Me and that neighbor caught some and put them on this chicks window screen and she started flipping out. It was hilarious.