Harmful Drugs Ranked

Vivre

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what it can do to people who are pre-disposed (chemically imbalanced) is makeyou feel or go even more crazy. some shouldn't do it. if you're on SSRI's, depressed, manic, you probably shouldn't do LSD.

this is precisely why i refuse to even try LSD.

if i were forced to choose between LSD and crack for example, i seriously don't know which i'd choose.

dem's bofe no-no's for me.

www.herbaldistribution.com_250_betelnut.jpg

what about Betel nut?

Betel nut, also known as Tamul, Pinang or Areca nut, is the seed of the Betel Palm (Areca catechu). Betel nuts can be chewed for their effects as a mildly euphoric stimulant, attributed to the presence of relatively high levels of psychoactive alkaloids. Chewing betel nuts is an important and popular cultural activity in many Asian countries. It is also used as an offering in Hinduism.

betels.jpg

1_1-1-23_20021030163128.JPG

180px-BetelNutBeauty.png

Betel nut beauties, or betel nut girls (檳榔西施, pinyin: bīnláng xīshī), are scantily-clad young women selling betel nut on roadside kiosks in Taiwan. A uniquely Taiwanese phenomenon, they are named after the legendary beauty Xi Shi from the Spring and Autumn Period of ancient China.

Betel nut beauty on the road between Taipei and Hsinchu.

Taiwanese betel nut kiosks, heavily decorated with bright neon lights, are most common on highways and suburban roads in the western part of the island, such as around Taichung. The main clientele is composed of truck drivers who chew the mildly addictive nuts for the stimulant to help them stay awake on long trips. The high profitability of betel nut production and commerce has led to a multiplication of such kiosks, and as competition for customers' attention has increased, the girls staffing them have been wearing less and less. In 2002, local governments began to ban nudity and excessively revealing clothing in betel nut kiosks, first in Taipei City, then in neighbouring Taoyuan County. As of 2004, although betel nut beauties still exist, they are now more modestly dressed than in previous years.

Betel nut girls are usually from working-class backgrounds. Some are secondary-school dropouts; others may have been forced into the work by their families, in which they are the primary wage-earners. Most have had difficulty finding jobs in such places as chain convenience stores owing to their low levels of education or their youth; or else they (or their relatives) prefer the comparatively higher wages earned from working the kiosks.