confederate flag

2NevaRespectKlownWeakToyz

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think we should fly the american flag, the confederate flag and the black panther flag in front of the white house. because of course all the white people saying the confederate flag is so great would never be butt hurt by another group representing itself, right?

what how about flying the irish flag and the chinesse flag next to the mexican flag along every other flag of people that nation was built on.oh what we dont why because its not old glory not the stars and bars.people blast those who fly the confedrate flag. to some it is sothern pride to some it something else.but those who blast the flag flyer wont say shit about mexicans who fly mexicos flag on the cars chlothes and what ever else the care too.or people who are third foutrh genartions in this country who fly the flags of where they are from. seems a little hypacrtical if u ask me

most of that stuff is made up history...

you cant believe everything you read,

see on TV, or learn in high school....\

i'm american yet im not consider american

in forgien countrys because of my skin color

like i said before made up history made by the masses

you can KEEP BOTH UGLY FLAGS and YOUR WHITE

AMERICAN HISTORY

let me guess the white man has kept u down. blah blah blah.

aod droped truth and knowledge yet you dont want to belive because of you own racial biased.

some people feel identified by those flags,the confederate one sometimes not always is for racism aka race pride.

people that have the american flag have country pride.

gay flag,gay pride.

religious flags and so on...

every flag symbolises something of course,something that some just dont want to accept.

i would never spend money on a piece of colorfull rag.

can someone please tell me why the confederate flag is still around?

I think everyone should learn what it once stood for.

and BAN it. BAN it BAN IT

it stands for the south, always did. its just for one point in time the confederacy used it as their flag. it doesn't stand for slavery, it stands for the south. but this doesnt mean you'll see it on a rappers music video.

sorry im a 31 year old Puerto Rican man with a family and income flow in and no mommy doesnt pay for my internet LOSER...as far as the truth i guess its true because someone wrote it down huh someone guys or PLAIN ignorant>>:lol:
so its ok for you to walk around wearing a PR flag to have pride in you heritage yet jimmy bob from the souht cant where a confedrate flag to show his pride. flags represnet diffrent shit to diffrent people. so if we start banning flags we shoulb ban germanys flag because of hitler. isreals flag becasue of palestine, spains flag because of the aztecs. do i need to go on

it stands for the south, always did. its just for one point in time the confederacy used it as their flag. it doesn't stand for slavery, it stands for the south. but this doesnt mean you'll see it on a rappers music video.

well, pardon me, but.....

Luda.jpg

Ludacris Responds to Vibe Award Confederate Flag Drama

In case you missed the Vibe Awards the other night, you will have

noticed that Ludacris came out wearing a Confederate Flag when he did the song 'Georgia'. Needless to say he caught a lot of heat as angry viewers Saw his choice of attire as another example of a rapper being ignorant.

“Luda” says there was method to his madness and issued a statement...

In response to the Confederate Flag being worn by Chris "Ludacris"

Bridges on the VIBE Awards.

"The discussions that have been sparked after my performance of "Georgia" at the 2005 VIBE Awards is my exact reason for wearing a depiction of the Confederate Flag. This flag represents the oppression that we as African Americans have endured for years; this is a symbol of segregation and the racism that reigned not only throughout the South but throughout the entire United States. I wore it to represent where we came from, to remind people that Ray Charles' original "Georgia" was written because of that racism. At the end of the performance, I removed and stomped on the flag to reveal my version of the flag; a flag comprised of black, red and green. Those are the colors of Africa. It is a representation and my interpretation of where we were and where we need to go. Racism is just as prevalent now and if we are not constantly mindful of our history and take charge of it; history is destined to repeat itself because of ignorance. In order to move forward, we must never forget where we were.

I hope people continue to question and challenge authority, media and

themselves because questioning and challenging can only lead to

enlightenment."

- CHRIS "LUDACRIS" BRIDGES -

so its ok for you to walk around wearing a PR flag to have pride in you heritage yet jimmy bob from the souht cant where a confedrate flag to show his pride. flags represnet diffrent shit to diffrent people. so if we start banning flags we shoulb ban germanys flag because of hitler. isreals flag becasue of palestine, spains flag because of the aztecs. do i need to go on

huh PR flags and confedrate two different things ps i dont rock a PR flag i rather stay down low away for police those flags seems to attrac them THE TRUTH HURTS racial profiling in a major issues...

well, pardon me, but.....

Luda.jpg

Ludacris Responds to Vibe Award Confederate Flag Drama

In case you missed the Vibe Awards the other night, you will have

noticed that Ludacris came out wearing a Confederate Flag when he did the song 'Georgia'. Needless to say he caught a lot of heat as angry viewers Saw his choice of attire as another example of a rapper being ignorant.

“Luda” says there was method to his madness and issued a statement...

In response to the Confederate Flag being worn by Chris "Ludacris"

Bridges on the VIBE Awards.

"The discussions that have been sparked after my performance of "Georgia" at the 2005 VIBE Awards is my exact reason for wearing a depiction of the Confederate Flag. This flag represents the oppression that we as African Americans have endured for years; this is a symbol of segregation and the racism that reigned not only throughout the South but throughout the entire United States. I wore it to represent where we came from, to remind people that Ray Charles' original "Georgia" was written because of that racism. At the end of the performance, I removed and stomped on the flag to reveal my version of the flag; a flag comprised of black, red and green. Those are the colors of Africa. It is a representation and my interpretation of where we were and where we need to go. Racism is just as prevalent now and if we are not constantly mindful of our history and take charge of it; history is destined to repeat itself because of ignorance. In order to move forward, we must never forget where we were.

enlightenment."

well damn.

nazis and germans are two different things dummy

spain raped PUERTO RICO before they got to Mexico?

i used simple flag to past history links sorry i couldnt use spain with PR refernce. the germany nazi link may not have been the best so what about post world war 2 cold war era germany,or ban the flag of engalnd for its crimes agaisnt ireland.http://www.ewtn.com/library/HUMANITY/SLAVES.TXT

"nazis and germans are two different things dummy"

oh. sort of like slave owners and the rest of southerners?

i honestly cant believe that some people believe this louis farrakhan claptrap. hearing people talk about 'wealthy men holding you back so you cant make any more money' makes me as sick as hearing david duke speak about the jewish bankers holding him down.

it gets old... cant have your way, hit hard times, dont get enough handouts, need someone to blame? racism, the white man, anyone who makes more money than you do.

for david dukes audience... hit hard times, cant have your way, need someone to blame? jewish bankers, and minorities.

soulkillers:

there are numerous books around to check out.

a good start on the side of lincoln that is left out of most history books or simply not mentioned (the worse bias there is) is Thomas Dilorenzo's lincoln books... "the real lincoln" and "lincoln unmasked."

you can find good columns and well researched articles on these sites:

lewrockwell.com

scv.org

i disagree russell, i think this is a big part of history that has been whitewashed. that blacks didnt fight for the confederate army or that blacks didnt own other black people. to me, it sort of throws a wrench in the stereotype of the racist white southern slave holder and the poor defenseless black man. it sort of presents a broader picture to know that some free blacks OWNED slaves and many VOLUNTARILY served in the confederate army.

for instance, how would blacks feel about calling for reparations from people of thier own race??

interesting:

"In 1619, 20 Africans were dropped off by a Dutch trader at Jamestown, Virginia. Slavery did not legally exist in the colony at the time, and the Africans were treated as indentured servants, gaining their freedom after a fixed period of time. In 1654, John Casor, a black man, become the first legally-recognized slave in the area to become the United States. Casor was owned by one of the original indentured servants, a black colonist named Anthony Johnson. Slavery became formally codified in the English colonies in the second half of the 17th century."

note that the first 'legal' slave in viriginia was owned by a black man.

I wonder what your motivations are for exposing these little known historical tidbits. What are you trying to argue about slavery in America?

Racism is just as prevalent now and if we are not constantly mindful of our history and take charge of it; history is destined to repeat itself because of ignorance. In order to move forward, we must never forget where we were.

enlightenment."

Wow, Luda is no dummy.

"What are you trying to argue about slavery in America?"

im trying to present a full historical picture and break apart the 'all southerners bad, all northerners awesome.'

Who said that?

What about your insistence on pointing out that some blacks owned slaves? What is your motivation there?

Archived