rate my sketches yo's!

Renk_one

• 2 weeks later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
i think most of them are nice. i also like the colors.

what is wrong with putting bright and different colors in graffiti, that is how it started with the colors in the city

You have to pick colors that blend, or mix well. Look at a color wheel. Use the opposite of your fill for your outline. If you have yellow on white, it's gunna be an eyesore if done the way most toys would, or hell, even some experianced writers. Why not try a flourescent pink with a bright green line like it was done in the 80s? That still looks hot. Or do what I did on my sticks? Orange fill, green lines, black halo, or green fill, orange lines black halo? The bright fill/line will draw someone in, and the smoothness of the sticks keeps them looking, and the colors are so nice together. You have to use cool and warm colors to make your shit stand out. Dark blue on a thin black outline isn't gunna be too appealing.

• 2 months later...
You have to pick colors that blend, or mix well. Look at a color wheel. Use the opposite of your fill for your outline. If you have yellow on white, it's gunna be an eyesore if done the way most toys would, or hell, even some experianced writers. Why not try a flourescent pink with a bright green line like it was done in the 80s? That still looks hot. Or do what I did on my sticks? Orange fill, green lines, black halo, or green fill, orange lines black halo? The bright fill/line will draw someone in, and the smoothness of the sticks keeps them looking, and the colors are so nice together. You have to use cool and warm colors to make your shit stand out. Dark blue on a thin black outline isn't gunna be too appealing.

that is absolutely true.. opposite colors will pop out and give the piece more defined lines. then maybe i could read half of the colored ones.

you also remind me of this kid i knew a a few years ago from like freshman science or something who would always have a style and word for every single thing he "drew".

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...