Genome's Guide To Getting Away With It

Genome

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crystal.method: I'm sorry that I wasn't on to respond to your questions, I had to head out to the Czech Republic to visit family for a few days, and missed all the action. I'd like to thank everybody in this thread that helped out Crystal, too. I'm glad things turned out well for you. Keep that head of yours above water, buddy, and keep the faith.

And everybody asking about silencing their cans, again, please, wrong thread. Use the search function in the Forum Index to find that thread for more information.

Also, as people have commented here already, DO NOT put your personal information up in this thread or any other thread on 12oz. By all means, ask questions galore, even regarding your personal case or previous experiences, but never mention any of the following, listed here in no particular order:

1.) Your name or address, or the city you get up in.

2.) Any aliases that are different from your login and posted work here on the forum.

3.) The name of your lawyer, judge, or arresting officer.

4.) Any other information that I didn't mention here that could identify you, your case, or anybody else in the forums.

5.) The name of your crew, or anybody else, ever. Even if they fingered you.

Remember, The Mechanical Ghost of Graffiti Past from the Future will visit great destruction upon any who narc out their fellow writers. This goes double for the toys. Despite what the man tells you, smoking does make you cool, and fingering your friends does not.

-Genome out.

P.S. Okay, I lied. Smoking doesn't make you cool, at least not when you turn into an old fart like me and have trouble getting up a single flight of stairs. Is it any wonder I advocate not running from the cops? ;)

FROM THE SCHOOL THREAD:

In a horrific twist of irony, your buddy Genome was just arrested by the Polizei, after nearly a decade of owning a clean criminal record. As in, non-American, non-escapable German police officers. They were nice enough to get me a cup of water (but no lawyer,) take my keys, go into my house, take all my supplies (art and graffiti) and translate the really hard words back into English. Now, looking at the possibility of thousands of Euros worth of fines, and being shipped home across the Atlantic, I realize the truth of what my fiancee told me while the cops ripped our bookshelf apart - I'm a fucking moron.

Sorry guys. Looks like I'm looking at the end of my job, my time in Europe, my economic stability, all because unlike in America, these guys got to do whatever they wanted with me, as long as I was told in English to sign a piece of paper, one way or the other. That is, of course, if the fiancee doesn't kill me, first.

So, essentially, what I'm saying is, my computer has been confiscated, along with my livelihood, and I'm borrowing a buddy's lappy to write this current post. I'm going to have to abandon 12oz, and obviously this thread, for a little while. Take care of each other, and if somebody would be so kind as to keep bumping this thread up, adding new advice and commentary, I'd owe them one. The irony of creating a new I.D. to beat the heat, and then immediately be arrested, does not in any way escape me.

Wish me luck,

-Genome.

P.S. If anybody knows of the right ways to "rub" the German legal system, let me know here in the thread. Much love, guys.

Hey guys - I'm back in for a minute to check in while I have the chance here.

I got busted with only a couple cans of paint, and a couple of caps - I was just doing a bump and run through the city on my way back from the bar. By sheer coincidence I did have my blackbook on me, because a buddy who was scanning some stuff from it gave it back to me at the bar. I got nailed because some lady out window shopping at 3am called me in and gave a description and the direction I was heading.

The supreme irony of this is that I don't paint illegally anymore. I had the paint to touch up a legal mural I had done. I haven't, as I said earlier, actually broken the law in any way for a few years. I was just drunk, though - stinking drunk - and for some reason I thought that an old fart like me who was too drunk not to cover his hands in paint, and too slow to stay clear, should go out and get up in one of the most over-policed towns in Germany.

My favorite part was when one of the cops asked me how many pieces I had illegally painted in the town since I got here. Knowing I was already completely busted, I cooperated and told him "Only five." He naturally didn't believe me, yelled at me for thinking he was stupid, etc, etc.

So my plan is, since I'm supposed to be here until May, assuming they don't cart my ass home, to write an apology letter, point out that I was drunk and stupid, that I have a clean arrest record in the states, etc etc. Then I'll offer to do Graffiti scrub for community service, or somesuch, and beg the mercy of the court.

Anyhow, guys. That's the situation over here in Europe, and before anybody asks, no, I'm not going to jet to avoid charges. I'm too old for that shit now.

Anyways, keep the thread going, get your legal advice up here for each other, have fun, stay safe, and keep you heads above water.

Much love,

-Genome-

hey so, my car got towed while i was alseep cause i guess some one saw it used in a crime couple days ago..

and they are holding it for evidence, and is gonna search it on soon i got like tips and paint and markers in there

what should i do!!!! am i fucked?

• 3 weeks later...
they towed it while i was asleep, and they say a detective is going to search it in a couple days, but i havent seen the warrant

I think it goes something like, "Oh hey, this car was possibly used in a theft...we're gonna search for stolen items"

6 minutes later...

"What are these spraycans doing in here? Ahh, not a stolen object, no good to us"

They have to state what they are searching for, they cant be looking for apples, find bananaas, and try and charge you for bananaas........nope.