THE SNOWBOARDING THREAD

Crook_fo'_Life

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by SteveAustin

CAPiTA...I learned to ski on one of those MN hills. Afton Alps. I almost returned to the area for a 24 hour bike race.

I've been up to Afton a couple of times. It's nice for freeding, since its a good chunk bigger than most other places within 6hrs of driving from the cities. It sucked the last time I was there, but that was b/c there wasn't a large enough base, and the conditions were shat. And not a single rail in their park. I don't know what they were thinking with that. There's definately some real fun terrain up there though.

Originally posted by seeking

i spent last year in tahoe. well, not the whole year, but id drive out there on most weekends... heavenly was my shit. squaw was cool too. theres another one right by there, a-basin or something like that. fresh too.

im into free riding for the most part, although i played around in the park a little last year towards the end of the season. i like trees, steep shit that makes my legs hurt, chutes, rocks etc...

what do i like about it? i like putting on headphones and just spending the whole day alone riding. its peacefull and relaxing...

i ride a 155 gnu from 97... which is retarded considering im 6'3" but i got it real cheap and didnt have many options at the time. the boards a little short (ok, alot short) for powder, but it handles well in trees and by this point its sort of become an extension of my body, so i didnt want to give it up.... next year however, i'm getting a new board....the new burton line... watch out now.... sooo fresh, just wait....

A basin is in colorado. But its my favorite resort. And season passes are only 100 bucks. Open till july 1st this year.

I have a 158 sims. I like it well enough it was pretty cheap i kinda am hard on my snowboard because i like to snowboard in not so snowy conditions but it should last me a couple years longer. What are a couple scratches anyways?

i need to cop something new this year. i cant keep riding the 'WAR HORSE' i've been riding for the last 5 years. its a dope board, and has been through hell with me, but enough is enough.

i didnt ride at all last year. tht sucks.

this year theres talk of another west copast trip. i cant wait.

holler.

Archived