getting paid from your graff skills

Dawood

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is what I'm talkin bout..Fake mothafukas makin money of this shit..

This is sad.....

ktiXQdH55MW3NF6f6WufBJJSjCVH.jpg

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/art/313356047.html

I need TYRES for my car..

Yeah , I'm sure this cat is paid. look at his style. looks like he found his niche.

original color scheme, dope styles, and getting paid off his miles of styles, kid.

ya'll haters.

Hook yourself up! For the past 7 years I've been busting my ass doing shows, networking and helping set up shows for friends so I can meet gallery owners. Most are pricks but there's always a few good souls who are down for your cause. I've curated a 40 person group shows, Have had 6 solo shows, been a part of at least 20 group shows, and done a bunch of pro bono set ups and take downs for friends who are either having the show or run the gallery. Takes time.

yeah, I've done a few shows in my time. Shows are cool, I just never developed much of a way to get paid at it and now that I have multiple mouths to feed, that's my hit. get paid while you dowhutchalike...If I could rock canvases and come off with a lik, i'd do it much more, but then It might not be as meaningful, I don't know. Most of my canvas type artwork is just personal art or things that give away to friends. I guess theres dough in it, but, youre right I can't stand most of those gallery stick in the butt types.

And to whoever asked last page about how to get into galleries:

1. You need a strong portfolio of your work. (Good photos, not camera phone shots)

2. Write up a bio of yourself. (talk about why you do what you do in third person)

3. Make an artist's resume (Just like a work one only with art gigs, shows, etc.)

You'll get rejected plenty of times at first, don't give up. Start small at a local gallery and try and build your name in your city. Eventually people will come to you if they like your work and see it around town enough.

Rule number one of stacking chips in the artworld:

Don't knock the handjob that feeds you. it's one big circle jerk scene to get that money.

Rule number one of making good art:

Work hard and work a lot.

Obeying both of these rules is not mutually exclusive. The set of individuals who succeed in following both of those rules is much smaller than the set of those who follow only one rule.

Rule number one of stacking chips in the artworld:

Don't knock the handjob that feeds you. it's one big circle jerk scene to get that money.

Rule number one of making good art:

Work hard and work a lot.

Obeying both of these rules is not mutually exclusive. The set of individuals who succeed in following both of those rules is much smaller than the set of those who follow only one rule.

true...

ill keep that in mind

I don't care how "grimey" or "balls out" and super illegal someone is. If I do a mural and someone goes over it, I will break their hands. Doesn't matter to me what the politics are. i don't care that people consider illegal graffiti the "only true" form, I don't give a shit about any of that. I don't treat other epople or their art like shit, so I don't need to have my shit disrespected. I will break your hands if you diss my mural. That is all.

yeah, but your the King and plus Dawood got your back, so, don't worry. Nobody will dis your mural. And if they do, I'll smash heads while you break hands and I know that you know that i know we know plenty of doodes that will jump up and down on domeskillets just because.

post some stuff KOH.....