Abortion

artik

^^^^ exactly.

if the pro abortion side focused on this, and wasnt hypocritical with other property rights, they would be unstoppable.

No, no... I meant. A baby is MY property and should be free from government interference.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

obviously i was trolling. its rather funny... someone presents viewpoints from the revolutionary generation and you get replies like..."if the founding fathers heard you' date=' you'd get slapped..."[/quote']

the founding fathers were not 'of one mind' so it's just as ridiculous to assume that you'd be hailed as well.

"the founding fathers were not 'of one mind' so it's just as ridiculous to assume that you'd be hailed as well."

your right. but it is totally safe to say that these people were adamant defenders of property, and liberty, feared monarchy/consolidation of power, and wanted for the most part limited government and the states to do the bulk of the legislating. even the most staunch federalist, alexander hamilton who wanted the most centralized power of anyone, would be agast at what this country turned into.

i dont get how i got burned. im lost. we are speaking in abstracts.... so i guess. yup. you got me... adam smith said 'pursuit of property' and locke said 'estate.'

continue past wikipedia and any constitutional type cholar worth his salt will agree 'pursuit of happiness' is property.

No, I meant you burned that kid.

"the founding fathers were not 'of one mind' so it's just as ridiculous to assume that you'd be hailed as well."

your right. but it is totally safe to say that these people were adamant defenders of property, and liberty, feared monarchy/consolidation of power, and wanted for the most part limited government and the states to do the bulk of the legislating. even the most staunch federalist, alexander hamilton who wanted the most centralized power of anyone, would be agast at what this country turned into.

See, even I agree with this.

I think my problem is, how are you gonna make this move back to a more decentralized government? How can that even happen now?

And you never really responded to my comment about our responsibilities in a social contract. At least, not critically. I would like to have that discussion, as I feel both you and I understand that were both not idiots blowing shit out of our asses.

"I think my problem is, how are you gonna make this move back to a more decentralized government? How can that even happen now?"

government by its very nature tends to centralize. the constitution was supposed to restrain it. turns out the anti federalists were right. as great a document as it is, it has failed us. if it were enforced by angels, it might of worked the way it was intended.

i think the 'answer' to returning to a more proper early american form of government lie in both people like ron paul of texas in our federal government but also groups like downsizeDC, the mises institute, even the conspiracist john birch society. the problem is this far right conservatism is by its very nature not very radical to say... call for revolution, secession, or state nullifaction of federal laws. well.. maybe nullifcation or secession. ;) for it to actually work, the people need to wake up. education is key. in 2000 i voted for bush soley because the NRA said he was the right guy. if i can wake up, anyone can. in a sense a return to true constitutional america is possible, but highly unlikely. but it is striking to think actually how conservative even the american revolution was. it was a slow build up. the revolution was a revolt against a king and parliament that violated the traditional rights of englishmen.

i think overall more and more people are waking up to what is going on in america today. whether its either on parts of the left or the right, people are realizing something isnt right. slowly they are realizing that we are a bunch of frogs in a pot of water, with the heat being turned up slowly but surely.

in the end i think the only return to constitutional america will happen if either part of the country secedes, or the government is overthrown. who is gonna vote themselves out of power?

And that, my friend, is why I think you and I agree.

Well said.

And word to ron paul. Texas gets somethings right. It's where I am from.

I agree about education whole heartedly. I think though, that until this long term process of social realization is done with, we do need to look out for one another. Thus my belief that domestic social initiatives are a good thing. Reform needed, sure, but do not do away with them all together.

Imagine what will be said of america in 400 years, if america were to stop at its current point in history. Would we be praised? Would they recognize that there are still many of the same social problems that were around from the onset? Would we be accused of subversive socioeconomic caste systems? Etc.

I personally would like the country to be remembered as trying to move away from those issues. As trying to deal with them. But destroying the only means with which we may have at this point to look at them is not my idea of progress.

"I hate people that twist other's words around to try and make themselves seem superior."

cmon party pooper who put me on ignore because he cant handle a conversation. you need a box of tissues?

do you think everyone that posts in this section does so because they feel thier opinions absolutely suck and they need someone to tell them what to think? no. everyone comes on here to banter on about what THEY THINK IS RIGHT.

There you go twisting his words and making yourself seem superior. First, you're 'more of a man' because you don't need tissue and second, you point out an OBVIOUS and UNRELATED fact as a distraction device.

I don't care that you do it but at least you can be honest with yourself and recognize it.

I read that post and I'm sorry that you think that the majority of the people come here because they think their opinions suck and that you and a select few are the ones who will show them the light. Am I reading that right or am I just twisting your words around?

Also, pal, I'm not here to exclusively banter about what is right. We all have opinions but most of us are capable of admitting when we're wrong and we are also capable of changing. You, however, are an obtuse tool. Meaning: You are thick, completely without depth beyond the surface, and you are incapable of any change. You're like the screwdriver that keeps showing up when you're looking for a hammer, a saw, and a wrench. And whenever we need that screwdriver you always go missing.

Hey A O' D, what ever turned you into such a pretentious prick anyway? School? Parents? Religion?

I'm just having a little fun with ya. Actually that's just what I have to say because I know that I'm a pretentious prick too and I don't want to be called out. But you're a Republican (no?) so double points against you.

I'm serious about that too, what good Republican is there in Congress? Answer: No one. The Republicans are such dipshits giving a hoot about dumbass policies like no flag burning and no gay marriage while our country (and Constitution) goes up in flames. I hate those stupid, petty, politicans. They're like a student senate voting for another lame ass school spirit day. Fuck them, and anyone who ignores what a fucking mess they've made.