why did the wtc's collapse? conclusive proof

lord_casek

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Khalid Sheikh Mohammed admits responsibility for 9/11 attacks

Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:42 PM EDT

4_21_mohammed_khalid_shaikh.jpg

http://ca.today.reuters.com/news/NewsArticle.aspx?type=topNews&storyID=2007-03-14T234210Z_01_N14335732_RTRIDST_0_NEWS-GUANTANAMO-MOHAMMED-COL.XML

By Andrew Gray

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, the alleged mastermind of the September 11 attacks on the United States, has admitted responsibility for those and other major al Qaeda operations, according to the transcript of a hearing at Guantanamo Bay released on Wednesday.

"I was responsible for the 9/11 Operation, from A to Z," Mohammed, speaking through a personal representative, said according to the transcript of the hearing on Saturday at the U.S. military prison camp in Cuba released by the Pentagon.

Mohammed, a Pakistani national, also said he was responsible for a 1993 attack on New York's World Trade Center, the bombing of a nightclub in Bali, Indonesia, and an attempt to down two American airplanes using shoe bombs.

"I was the operational director for Sheikh Usama (Osama) Bin Laden for the organizing, planning, follow-up, and execution of the 9/11 operation," he said through his representative, a member of the U.S. military.

The transcript said Mohammed was present at the hearing, which is to determine whether he meets the definition of an "enemy combatant."

Mohammed is among 14 prisoners identified by U.S. authorities as "high-value" terrorism suspects and transferred to Guantanamo last year from secret CIA prisons abroad.

He was arrested in Pakistan in March 2003 and handed over to the United States.

"I have already said that I am not involved in the 11 September attacks in the United States. As a Muslim, I try my best to avoid telling a lie. I had no knowledge of these attacks, nor do I consider the killing of innocent women, children and other humans as an appreciable act. Islam strictly forbids causing harm to innocent women, children and other people. Such a practice is forbidden even in the course of a battle," Bin Laden told the Pakistani based Ummat newspaper.

He said that in 2001. Later, he admitted in more than sepereate videos and acknowledged that he "ordered" the attacks. Here's what he said in a video released Oct 29, 2004:

"It is the American people and their economy. And for the record, we had agreed with the Commander-General Muhammad Ataa, Allah have mercy on him, that all the operations should be carried out within 20 minutes, before Bush and his administration notice.

It never occurred to us that the commander-in-chief of the American armed forces would abandon 50,000 of his citizens in the twin towers to face those great horrors alone, the time when they most needed him.

But because it seemed to him that occupying himself by talking to the little girl about the goat and its butting was more important than occupying himself with the planes and their butting of the skyscrapers, we were given three times the period required to execute the operations - all praise is due to Allah."

Secondly, both Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and Ramzi bin al-Shibh admitted to partaking in the 9/11 attacks under the guidance of Osama bin Laden. "Guidance" is to be used loosely, as OBL is more of a hands-off leader -- he simply gives ideas, such as wanting a "spectacular attack," appoints lieutenants (i.e., KSM), tells them to make something of it, funds their activities indirectly, and is updated by messengers on their progress.

He said that in 2001. Later, he admitted in more than sepereate videos and acknowledged that he "ordered" the attacks. Here's what he said in a video released Oct 29, 2004:

"It is the American people and their economy. And for the record, we had agreed with the Commander-General Muhammad Ataa, Allah have mercy on him, that all the operations should be carried out within 20 minutes, before Bush and his administration notice.

It never occurred to us that the commander-in-chief of the American armed forces would abandon 50,000 of his citizens in the twin towers to face those great horrors alone, the time when they most needed him.

But because it seemed to him that occupying himself by talking to the little girl about the goat and its butting was more important than occupying himself with the planes and their butting of the skyscrapers, we were given three times the period required to execute the operations - all praise is due to Allah."

Secondly, both Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and Ramzi bin al-Shibh admitted to partaking in the 9/11 attacks under the guidance of Osama bin Laden. "Guidance" is to be used loosely, as OBL is more of a hands-off leader -- he simply gives ideas, such as wanting a "spectacular attack," appoints lieutenants (i.e., KSM), tells them to make something of it, funds their activities indirectly, and is updated by messengers on their progress.

have you ever seen OBL's plans? it was on his own website. the plan had nothing to do with americans. but it does have alot to do with oil. his mission statement is titled "operation islamic liberation".

coincidentally, our plan to invade iraq was first titled "operation iraqi liberation"

theo, if you have some time, look into bin ladens life beforehand.

grab that greg palast book "armed madhouse", too.

have you ever seen OBL's plans? it was on his own website. the plan had nothing to do with americans. but it does have alot to do with oil. his mission statement is titled "operation islamic liberation".

coincidentally, our plan to invade iraq was first titled "operation iraqi liberation"

theo, if you have some time, look into bin ladens life beforehand.

grab that greg palast book "armed madhouse", too.

"His own website?" Osama bin Laden doesn't have a website. There are however many Islamic fundamentalist groups as well as al-Qaeda-linked websites that support him or may perhaps post his messages or videos (passed on through messengers).

edit -- never read that book. here is a book i read that i recommend:

bbin.jpg

i dont think anyone who has been in guantanamo for 5 years can be trusted on anything he says,and even if he confessed it does not change the oddity of the events of that day.

bin laden said he had nothing to do,yeah like casek posted,it was an interview in pakistan.real,fake? depends on what side u are,still it does not change the way things happened on 911.

its hard to accept,specially if you hate islam and dont believe in the God.

there is a similarity within those who deny 911 truth i see it everywhere.

wake up, smell the fascism.

9/11 "Confession": How Real? (Updated and Bumped)

Wired

Friday, March 16, 2007

Towards the end of The Wire's first season, Ronald "Wee-Bey" Price -- soldier to Baltimore drug lord Avon Barksdale -- gets nailed for a murder. He knows he's headed to jail for a long, long time. So he confesses to crime after crime after crime, in order to protect the rest of the Barksdale crew from homicide raps.

The police know the confessions are all wrong; Wee-Bey screws up some of the cases' key facts. But there's nothing they can do; they've "solved" a slew of murders, all at once.

Wee-Bey came to mind, as I read about Khalid Sheikh Mohammed's confession to the 9/11 attacks and to "more than 30 other terror attacks or plots." Like Wee-Bey, "KSM" is clearly a bad, bad dude. A murderer. Worse: a serial killer.

But was he personally responsible for everything from "attempting to destroy an American oil company in Sumatra owned by...Henry Kissinger" to to "launching a Russian surface-to-air missile at an El Al airliner leaving Mombasa" to masterminding "an assassination attempt on President Clinton in the Philippines in 1994 or 1995?" And he personally beheaded Daniel Pearl, too?

Sorry, that feels just a little too pat, a little too tidy. It could be that KSM is, as the 9/11 Commission noted, someone who sees himself as "the self-cast star -- the super terrorist" in "a spectacle of destruction." But to me, it sounds like a man taking on as many bodies as he can, so the rest of his group can go free.

UPDATE: TalkLeft has a ton of interesting material -- 60 posts' worth -- on KSM.

UPDATE 2: Bill Roggio isn't buying the Wee-Bey theory. "KSM was implicated in the Bojinka Philippines plot – as well as the Clinton and Pope assassination attempts in the 90's -- long before he was captured. KSM was Al-Qaeda's operational commander, when the organization was far more centralized prior to 9-11. In other words, KSM wasn't a one-trick 9-11 pony," Roggio tells the DANGER ROOM.

That's like saying General McCrystal, the SOCOM [u.S. Special Operations Command] leader who runs [the Al-Qaeda hunting] Task Force 145, doesn't have operational knowledge of the TF-145's operations -- including in the deaths of Zarqawi, Khalifa, etc., the attacks on al-Qaeda camps in Pakistan (Chingai, Danda Saidgai, Damadola, Zamazola, etc.), and the hunts for Islamic Courts fighters in Somalia.

UPDATE 2A: However, this AP story (along the Counterrorism Blog post, below) really undercuts Roggio, it seems to me. "Mohammed's claims that he was responsible for dozens of successful, foiled and imagined attacks in the past 15 years relies on a loose definition of the word 'responsible,'" according to the AP. "Officials say the 9/11 mastermind was key to some plots but a bit player in others."

Some examples:

• Mohammed claims that he was "responsible for the 1993 World Trade Center Operation," which killed six and injured more than 1,000 when a bomb was detonated in an underground garage. Six jihadists with ties to international terror networks are serving life sentences. One official said Mohammed didn't hatch the plot, but he and elements of al-Qaida may have supported it.

• He also claims to be responsible for the bombing of a nightclub in Bali, Indonesia, which was frequented by British and Australian tourists. Current and former officials say that his role was probably that of a financier for an al-Qaida affiliate group — Jemaah Islamiyah — operating in Southeast Asia. Mohammed's link "could have been as small as arranging a safe house for travel. It could have been arranging finance," Rogers said. "But for his own self-worth, he may have tended to say, 'I was responsible for Bali.'"

• He claims to have been responsible for providing financial support to "hit American, Jewish and British targets in Turkey." That's probably a reference to the 2003 bombing of two synagogues, a British-based bank and the British consulate in Istanbul, killing 58 people including the British consul-general. Prosecutors said Osama bin Laden personally ordered the plot, and Mohammed was not named as a key provider of financial support during a three-year trial. Instead, Turkish authorities say a Syrian — Loa'i Mohammad Haj Bakr al-Saqa — masterminded the attacks and ran $170,000 between al-Qaida and the Turkey-based militants.

UPDATE 3: The consistently spot-on Kevin Drum is skeptical of the Wee-Bey theory, too. But then he notes:

Still, if you read the transcript of Saturday's tribunal session, it's striking how often KSM asks that other prisoners at Guantanamo be treated "fairly." This might be merely a reference to interrogation methods, but it might also be a plea to give all these other guys the benefit of the doubt when they say they had nothing to do with any of this stuff. It's not likely to work, but it might explain why he decided to so fully take the rap for everything under the sun.

UPDATE 4: "Tainted by torture" says lawyer, former Army captain, and military sage Phil Carter, echoing many of the comments here.

UPDATE 5: "The notes to the [9/11] Commission's conclusions mention the possibility of Mohammed 'inflating his own role.' He may also be attempting to defend his part in the 9/11 planning against the testimony of other terror suspects," Time says.

The Commission's notes indicate that, according to another terror chieftain, Abu Zubaydah, Mohammed originally offered Osama bin Laden a more modest proposal for attacking the U.S., but that bin Laden reportedly berated him, saying "Why do you use an ax when you can use a bulldozer?" What's more, Mohammed has also used disinformation in the past. He admitted under previous interrogation that a list of 30 supposed U.S. targets, which he circulated shortly after 9/11, was a lie to exaggerate the scale of al-Qaeda's planning. Terrorism experts say that though there is no doubt Mohammed played a major role in planning 9/11, he's famous among interrogators for his braggadocio. "He has nothing else in life but to be remembered as a famous terrorist," says Bruce Riedel, Senior Fellow at the Saban Center at the Brookings Institute and a 29-year veteran of the CIA. "He wants to promote his own importance. It's been a problem since he was captured," says Reidel, who went on to say he wouldn't be surprised is Mohammed was exaggerating his role in other plots.

UPDATE 6: Looks like Blake and I have the same tastes in TV.

UPDATE 7: The Counterterrorism Blog has a point-by-point... well, response, to many of KSM's claims. I'd say this falls somewhere between rebuttal and clarification. Here's an example:

KSM spoke of pushing for an attack against an American oil company in Sumatra owned by Henry Kissinger. Comment: Before selecting Bali as their target in October 2002, Jemaah Islamiyah contemplated attacks against the ExxonMobil gas field in Aceh (on the island of Sumatra), the Dumai port used by Caltex (on the island of Sumatra), a gold mine on Sumbawa island (in Nusa Tenggara Barat province) and the Freeport gold mine (in Papua). Kissinger is on the board of Freeport. KSM probably heard of these targets, and confused the oil targets on Sumatra with Kissinger's affilation with Freeport.

larry that little creep in the back of your mind is called intuition,trust it,follow it.

a really good video,short,i know sometimes is annoying,this one is short,some quick interview,really quick! some bbc dude and demolition expert,also look at the video images pay attention.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mbvmd0aGW04

thanks

.........................................................................................................

about the confession of that guy "KSM",im trying to figure out if it is a -failed attemp to fully blame someone-(because people didnt pick up that well) or -plain temporary distraction and reason for media timewaste-....?

peace