Connect-i-cut.

Eastavenu

1.) i've always said, why just do a tag if you can do a hollow?

a simple handstyle is the basis, but if you got the space to

blow up (but not the time to spare) then i say practice your

letter structure.

2.) has the art of bank robbery disappeared? i remember seein

chino say that even when they added locks to the doors leadin

down the trains(subs) they painted, they were still breakin em

still obtaining keys, still makin that shit happen. i agree ct

might not be the place to throw away your freedom for bombing,

but it aint dead; its just changing, becoming more sophisticated

just like the cops who are always trying to sophisticate their game.

3.) as for meeting mentors and the web of connections, 2 years ago,

i never ever ever ever ever thought id ever ever ever ever meet

half the writers ive met today, and im still meeting more and doing

bigger and better things.

lively discussion ive enjoied catching up on

HAPPY THANKSGIVING ALL!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Hey, whatever happened to Tec & Dize from the New Haven area?

Are dudes still paintin'?

Haven't seen these fuckers in a minute.

This is the old "tec" from new haven area.... it's now savager....

pic3.jpg

savager_LA_06.jpg

savagerwildstylepurple.jpg

savager_typo_reds.jpg

savagerTypoPhoenixTattoo.jpg

Not sure is Dize is still painting... I think he is but he's not in the CT area anymore...

i think the internet has made it easier to draw inspiration/bite from a much wider aray of styles and places, and has also taken alot of the legwork out of it. i used to troop to spots all over new your and CT looking for pieces and thats where i got my ideas and inspiration from. with the internet dudes can pull up pieces from all over the worldand pick a style from LA to jack or from Brisbane or whatever. it is way easier now to get good by just sitting on the computer picking apart millions of pieces and just sit at the same super chill wall or basement/garrage until they have some skills. i do think its easier now with the internet. remember, getting a "mentor" from an ill crew wasnt exactly easy. ill bet if you walked up to GAZE in 94 painting a wall and said, "hey, im young and i suck, wanna mentor me" it wouldnt have worked so well. i would think that meeting other dudes at or a little above your skillset nowadays is pretty easy, just PM them.

funny how I got into it. My dad was working with the police on a gang vandalism investigation. My dad had hours of taping and photos of spots around danbury and surrounding areas. I was in 6th grade, and I would watch the tapes and photos with him, trying to read what all the peices said. Then id sneak off into my room and try to draw tags and stuff. When my dad found it, he beat my ass. I as in gifted art all through school, and my teacher used to have my study graffiti, she was from new york and since we both were interested in it. I always tried to emulate all my favorite artists... or bite them.. thats just how i learned how to draw letters and stuff.. But I always was interested in how in old school graff, writers had apprentices(sp?).

jickrock - you helped me out a few times when i started peiceing. I appreciate that.

1.) i've always said, why just do a tag if you can do a hollow?

a simple handstyle is the basis, but if you got the space to

blow up (but not the time to spare) then i say practice your

letter structure.

2.) has the art of bank robbery disappeared? i remember seein

chino say that even when they added locks to the doors leadin

down the trains(subs) they painted, they were still breakin em

still obtaining keys, still makin that shit happen. i agree ct

might not be the place to throw away your freedom for bombing,

but it aint dead; its just changing, becoming more sophisticated

just like the cops who are always trying to sophisticate their game.

3.) as for meeting mentors and the web of connections, 2 years ago,

i never ever ever ever ever thought id ever ever ever ever meet

half the writers ive met today, and im still meeting more and doing

bigger and better things.

lively discussion ive enjoied catching up on

HAPPY THANKSGIVING ALL!

1- i kinda agree depends on the spot.

2- there are worse places to throw away your freedom than ct. but i agree stay smart and i keep my bolt cutters in good use.

3-i would have liked to meet any writer when i first started out, i still would like to. there probly isnt one writer on here not looking forward to hook up with another. honestly i cant think of any better reason to come here.

4- those yl hiway spots are keepin it gangsta homez muchisimo props on those spots and those pieces

5-mothaeffin savager!

funny how I got into it. My dad was working with the police on a gang vandalism investigation. My dad had hours of taping and photos of spots around danbury and surrounding areas. I was in 6th grade, and I would watch the tapes and photos with him, trying to read what all the peices said. Then id sneak off into my room and try to draw tags and stuff. When my dad found it, he beat my ass. I as in gifted art all through school, and my teacher used to have my study graffiti, she was from new york and since we both were interested in it. I always tried to emulate all my favorite artists... or bite them.. thats just how i learned how to draw letters and stuff.. But I always was interested in how in old school graff, writers had apprentices(sp?).

jickrock - you helped me out a few times when i started peiceing. I appreciate that.

???