May Day 2006. The Great American Boycott

Pistol

I don't think the purpose of a one-day boycott is so much to have an ECONOMIC impact, but to make the average citizen aware of what a large role immigrants play in our everyday lives. It probably won't make a difference on a national level, but here in Texas, and California and Arizona as well, the impact would be huge. The ideas of sending home 11 million immigrants or making it a felony for being in the U.S. illegally are both unworkable in my opinion.

Granted, there are other issues to consider, such as education and healthcare. I won't pretend to be economically or politically savvy enough to propose solutions, but it seems like there ought to be several workable options.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

one thing i wanna know is what are the solutions that the protestors/complainers and the people on this thread that support the protests have about immigration reform. i assumed that they want all illegals made to u.s. citizens, while opening the flood gates and letting all of mexico, along with central and south america come into the U.S. as they please (as many of them protested the proposal to build a large wall across the entire u.s. border)... but according to Pistol and "ThisDayAllGodsDie," they aren't for open borders. then what are your solutions on immigration? you guys are complaining and pretend to have all the answers, yet haven't offered any.

no nigga they send home about %40, most of that statistic dedpends on where you live, and where the work is, is where the illegals are and thats mostly in major cities where there is building going on and the price of living is higher.

and i take you've never had to send money to YOUR mom, that must be a nice life right there.

don't judge me. i understand what you are saying. no, i've never had to send money to any relatives. i'm glad that i never had to, and i feel bad for those that do have to come here to have a better life and end up working for tyson chicken for $3 an hour...only to send alot of it back to mexico to support relatives/loved ones. fine. point taken. i understand.

here's what i don't understand. most of the mexican govt isn't even mexican. german names, jewish names, etc....they are all certainly rich and getting richer off of your countries poverty. instead of coming over here, find your own revolution over there. stand up. we had to do the same with the brits, french, spanish, etc.

casek: those niggas are wack, and the kids protesting arn't all about that they just want to be heard and you cant blame them, those extreamist groups are more of a joke than a threat in my opinion. the real revolutionaries dont belong to special intrest groups, they're just ill niggas that live in communties and help out FOBs when they need a bed and a meal and will turn you on to a good job and a lawyer, a lady like that helped raise me when i got kicked out as a youngsta, and im a fucking gringo by traditional standards, not even her peoples, thats the kinda of love you get in spanish hoods, its a type of hospitality and straight up hood-love that middle/upper america hasn't seen in almost a century.

bonus: right on. i hear ya. but the extremists are being used. the young kids...used more.

why else would the hire the same PR firm that bush used twice to get elected?

i know alot of really good hispanics. i dig hispanics. no problems whatsoever. the tight knit communities is something white people ahve lacked for a long time. black folks and chicanos have always had that. i'm jealous.

in el salvador cops will shoot you in the street for 10 bucks' date=' 1200 clams is a lifes savings for many but an impossibility for most.[/quote']

Have you paid an el salvador cop to shoot someone for 10 dollars before? How do you know that's true? Don't say shit like that if you have no idea if it's true.

How is saving up 1200 dollars impossible for anyone who has a job? If you live in a country where wages are extremely low, then the cost of living is really low. People just make bad decisions and blame everything else except themselves.

An example is how illegal immigrants say that they have like x-number of kids so they shouldn't be exported because it'll break up their family. If they didn't have kids when they couldn't afford it, then they could have saved up money, became a legal immigrant and then had kids.

cacash: la raza speaks the same words of hatred towards americans. i have alot of respect for you cacash. i hope you haven't fallen for this crap that is designed to bring this country into the arms of destruction.

divide and conquer is the name of the game. remember that.

its not even that casek

its just that when you quote sources like that, it doesnt really back up your argument,

it reminds me of what dawood does when he pulls out the koran quotes and acts like that will make you go "hey, if its written in the koran then i guess i must be wrong"

but yeah its not really what you were saying, but what you were using as a source

don't judge me. i understand what you are saying. no, i've never had to send money to any relatives. i'm glad that i never had to, and i feel bad for those that do have to come here to have a better life and end up working for tyson chicken for $3 an hour...only to send alot of it back to mexico to support relatives/loved ones. fine. point taken. i understand.

here's what i don't understand. most of the mexican govt isn't even mexican. german names, jewish names, etc....they are all certainly rich and getting richer off of your countries poverty. instead of coming over here, find your own revolution over there. stand up. we had to do the same with the brits, french, spanish, etc.

nigga i PRAY that does happen someday and so do many 3rd world natives. but the hierarchy of those contries have their hustle locked down, when life expectancy goes to about 40, 50 if your lucky, thats when you get desperate and your focus on changing the nation lessens and your goal is to simply raise your kids while you can, and that is hard as shit in a country where cops kill cause they feel like it.

In regards to the American flags and "show of patriotism" at the protests, and the reason they're doing it...

During Proposition 187 in California and the whole Elian Gonzalez fiasco in Florida, they only waved their native country's flags. During Prop. 187, it was mostly Mexican flags being waved. And during the Elian Gonzalez drama, it was mostly Cuban flags being waved. They (rightfully) received backlash for it. Why bite the hand that feeds you and not show pride for the country that is providing you with all of these benefits and far more opportunity? So now they are waving American flags, because they're getting scared, realizing that Americans are getting sick and tired of the illegal immigration, and Uncle Sam is serious this time about the leeching off the system, reaping all the free services, turning American neighborhoods into barrios that look like Tijuana, etc. I read about the city of Douglas, Arizona (a border town); a popular gateway for illegal immigrants. It talked about how the local hospital there was bled into bankruptcy and on the brink of being closed down as a result of numerous illegal immigrants sneaking in to get health care, to let pregnant women stay and have their babies born; constantly using the facilities and of course never paying the hospital bills since of course they didn't have insurance and weren't citizens.

I volunteer my time at a children's hospital, which offers free services to children paid for by American taxpayers. About 90% of the children there are of Latino descent. Many can't even speak English. Many of the parents that sent their children here are illegal immigrants. Which brings us back to the point of, whenever there's free services in this country, Mexicans just line on up and take everything they can get. Its original purpose was to offer aid for those in need from time to time. Not to be taken advantage of and leeched on until sucked dry into bankruptcy.

I'm just countering the lie that illegal immigrants are just sweet innocent people that only want to work, and there are never any negative side effects to illegal immigration and a lack of laws enforcing immigration. Of course, anyone that disagrees with this lie is automatically a racist, likes Bill O'Reilly, hates immigrants, is ignorant, uneducated, and doesn't know what he or she is talking about.

Have you paid an el salvador cop to shoot someone for 10 dollars before? How do you know that's true? Don't say shit like that if you have no idea if it's true.

How is saving up 1200 dollars impossible for anyone who has a job? If you live in a country where wages are extremely low, then the cost of living is really low. People just make bad decisions and blame everything else except themselves.

An example is how illegal immigrants say that they have like x-number of kids so they shouldn't be exported because it'll break up their family. If they didn't have kids when they couldn't afford it, then they could have saved up money, became a legal immigrant and then had kids.

NO BAMA! THEY SHOOT YOU FOR YOUR 10 BUCKS, IF I OFFERED THEY'D JUST KILL ME AND KEEP THE CHANGE. AND YES, I KNOW THIS. WISH YOU DID TOO.

everything else you said disn't deserve an answer for example:

"How is saving up 1200 dollars impossible for anyone who has a job? If you live in a country where wages are extremely low, then the cost of living is really low. People just make bad decisions and blame everything else except themselves."

the sad part is i think your serious about that.

http://sev.prnewswire.com/publishing-information-services/20060427/DCW04926042006-1.html

Illegal Aliens on the Streets 'Don't Speak for Us,' Says New Hispanic-American Coalition

Reconquista (Mexico)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Originally applied to the 700 year effort to retake Iberia from the Islamic Moors, Reconquista today refers to an explicit agenda of M.E.Ch.A. (Movimiento Estudiantil Chicano de Aztlan) to retake lands from the U.S. which once belonged to Mexico. This would include Texas, California, New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada, Utah and parts of Colorado, Wyoming, Kansas, and Oklahoma, all of which were ceded by Mexico under terms of the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo in 1848.

The primary method for this 'reconquest' is demographic. By means of legal and illegal immigration from Mexico and Central America, and by means of high birthrates among non-White Hispanics, the non-non-White Hispanic population will be reduced to a minority which can be voted out of power and influence. While nominally nonviolent this will force African-Americans, Asian-Americans, Native-Americans and European-Americans out of what will be called Aztlan.

Reconquista is not integrationist or assimilationist, but rather is separatist and explicitly racial. M.E.Ch.A.'s motto translates as, 'Everything for the race. Nothing outside the race.'

Plan of San Diego

University of Texas' Handbook of Texas Online

by Don M. Coerver

With the outbreak of revolution in northern Mexico in 1910, federal authorities and officials of the state of Texas feared that the violence and disorder might spill over into the Rio Grande valley. The Mexican and Mexican-American populations residing in the Valley far outnumbered the Anglo population. Many Valley residents either had relatives living in areas of Mexico affected by revolutionary activity or aided the various revolutionary factions in Mexico. The revolution caused an influx of political refugees and illegal immigrants into the border region, politicizing the Valley population and disturbing the traditional politics of the region. Some radical elements saw the Mexican Revolution as an opportunity to bring about drastic political and economic changes in South Texas. The most extreme example of this was a movement supporting the "Plan of San Diego," a revolutionary manifesto supposedly written and signed at the South Texas town of San Diego on January 6, 1915. The plan, actually drafted in a jail in Monterrey, Nuevo León, provided for the formation of a "Liberating Army of Races and Peoples," to be made up of Mexican Americans, African Americans, and Japanese, to "free" the states of Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, California, and Colorado from United States control. The liberated states would be organized into an independent republic, which might later seek annexation to Mexico. There would be a no-quarter race war, with summary execution of all white males over the age of sixteen. The revolution was to begin on February 20, 1915. Federal and state officials found a copy of the plan when local authorities in McAllen, Texas, arrested Basilio Ramos, Jr., one of the leaders of the plot, on January 24, 1915.

The arrival of February 20 produced only another revolutionary manifesto, rather than the promised insurrection. Similar to the original plan, this second Plan of San Diego emphasized the "liberation" of the proletariat and focused on Texas, where a "social republic" would be established to serve as a base for spreading the revolution throughout the southwestern United States. Indians were also to be enlisted in the cause. But with no signs of revolutionary activity, state and federal authorities dismissed the plan as one more example of the revolutionary rhetoric that flourished along the border. This feeling of complacency was shattered in July 1915 with a series of raids in the lower Rio Grande valley connected with the Plan of San Diego. These raids were led by two adherents of Venustiano Carranza, revolutionary general, and Aniceto Pizaña and Luis De la Rosa, residents of South Texas. The bands used the guerilla tactics of disrupting transportation and communication in the border area and killing Anglos. In response, the United States Army moved reinforcements into the area.

A third version of the plan called for the foundation of a "Republic of Texas" to be made up of Texas, New Mexico, California, Arizona, and parts of Mississippi and Oklahoma. San Antonio, Texas, was to serve as revolutionary headquarters, and the movement's leadership continued to come from South Texas. Raids originated on both sides of the Rio Grande, eventually assuming a pattern of guerilla warfare. Raids from the Mexican side came from territory under the control of Carranza, whose officers were accused of supporting the raiders. When the United States recognized Carranza as president of Mexico in October 1915, the raids came to an abrupt halt. Relations between the United States and Carranza quickly turned sour, however, amid growing violence along the border. When forces under another revolutionary general, Francisco (Pancho) Villa, attacked Columbus, New Mexico, in March 1916, the United States responded by sending a large military force under Gen. John J. Pershing into northern Mexico in pursuit of Villa. When the United States rejected Carranza's demands to withdraw Pershing's troops, fear of a military conflict between the United States and Mexico grew. In this volatile context, there was a renewal of raiding under the Plan of San Diego in May 1916. Mexican officials were even considering the possibility of combining the San Diego raiders with regular Mexican forces in an attack on Laredo. In late June, Mexican and United States officials agreed to a peaceful settlement of differences, and raids under the Plan of San Diego came to a halt.

The Plan of San Diego and the raids that accompanied it were originally attributed to the supporters of the ousted Mexican dictator Gen. Victoriano Huerta, who had been overthrown by Carranza in 1914. The evidence indicates, however, that the raids were carried out by followers of Carranza, who manipulated the movement in an effort to influence relations with the United States. Fatalities directly linked to the raids were surprisingly small; between July 1915 and July 1916 some thirty raids into Texas produced only twenty-one American deaths, both civilian and military. More destructive and disruptive was the near race war that ensued in the wake of the plan as relations between the whites and the Mexicans and Mexican Americans deteriorated in 1915-16. Federal reports indicated that more than 300 Mexicans or Mexican Americans were summarily executed in South Texas in the atmosphere generated by the plan. Economic losses ran into the millions of dollars, and virtually all residents of the lower Rio Grande valley suffered some disruption in their lives from the raids. Moreover, the plan's legacy of racial antagonism endured long after the plan itself had been forgotten.

BIBLIOGRAPHY: Don M. Coerver and Linda B. Hall, Texas and the Mexican Revolution: A Study in State and National Border Policy, 1910-1920 (San Antonio: Trinity University Press, 1984). Charles C. Cumberland, "Border Raids in the Lower Rio Grande Valley-1915," Southwestern Historical Quarterly 57 (January 1954). Charles H. Harris III and Louis R. Sadler, "The Plan of San Diego and the Mexican-U.S. War Crisis of 1916: A Reexamination," Hispanic American Historical Review 58 (August 1978). Friedrich Katz, The Secret War in Mexico: Europe, the United States and the Mexican Revolution (Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 1981). James A. Sandos, "The Plan of San Diego: War and Diplomacy on the Texas Border, 1915-1916," Arizona and the West 14 (Spring 1972). James Sandos, Rebellion in the Borderlands: Anarchism and the Plan of San Diego, 1904-1923 (Norman: University of Oklahoma Press, 1992).

I volunteer my time at a children's hospital, which offers free services to children paid for by American taxpayers. About 90% of the children there are of Latino descent. Many can't even speak English. Many of the parents that sent their children here are illegal immigrants. Which brings us back to the point of, whenever there's free services in this country, Mexicans just line on up and take everything they can get. Its original purpose was to offer aid for those in need from time to time. Not to be taken advantage of and leeched on until sucked dry into bankruptcy.

I'm just countering the lie that illegal immigrants are just sweet innocent people that only want to work, and there are never any negative side effects to illegal immigration and a lack of laws enforcing immigration. Of course, anyone that disagrees with this lie is automatically a racist, likes Bill O'Reilly, hates immigrants, is ignorant, uneducated, and doesn't know what he or she is talking about.

your kidding i hope.

you pay what? 25 percent of your income to taxes? and get how much BACK?

they work for half nigga, which is how we pay what we do for so much shit.

which would you rather have?

NO BAMA! THEY SHOOT YOU FOR YOUR 10 BUCKS, IF I OFFERED THEY'D JUST KILL ME AND KEEP THE CHANGE. AND YES, I KNOW THIS. WISH YOU DID TOO.

everything else you said disn't deserve an answer for example:

"How is saving up 1200 dollars impossible for anyone who has a job? If you live in a country where wages are extremely low, then the cost of living is really low. People just make bad decisions and blame everything else except themselves."

the sad part is i think your serious about that.

So you've seen that firsthand?

And everything I said doesn't deserve an answer? Or you just can't GIVE an answer? I think it's the latter. Besides, if your situation is so bad that you can't save up 1200 dollars to become a legal citizen, then you don't care enough about the country you're moving to. You just aren't good enough in your home country to make a living, and you want to run away. If you really cared about the government in the foreign country, then you would ABIDE BY THE LAWS.

The ideas of sending home 11 million [insert "illegal" here] immigrants

It would be nearly impossible to send 12 million illegals home without there being chaos. That said, I don't think all 12 million should be sent home. Most should be allowed to stay and thus become American taxpayers like everyone else, after proper screening and paperwork. However, anyone that's a felon or commits a felony should be deported and/or jailed. Or is that too much to ask? There are plenty of well-known Latino gangs that are over 60% illegal immigrants.

can we please bring the military back from iraq and go wreak some havoc in mexico. jeez' date=' if NAFTA included the free movement of people across borders mexico would have zero population, the u.s. would be flooded with mexicans.[/quote']

that's wrong to say, but there are over 25 million illegals from mexico here now.

with the population of mexico being 106,202,903 and growing (quickly) it's scary to think what would happen if our borders became wide open.

your kidding i hope.

you pay what? 25 percent of your income to taxes? and get how much BACK?

they work for half nigga, which is how we pay what we do for so much shit.

which would you rather have?

Do YOU work for half?? I do, and I'm not bitching about it. I can't stand it when people talk about how other people go through hard times and situations, but the person talking about it doesn't go through the same situations. They just know other people who do and pretend that they know what it's like.

Edit: I would also like to know if you are an immigrant to the US. Or any country. If you're not, and you're an American citizen by birth, then you have no idea what it's like to be an immigrant to a foreign country.

uhh' date=' that la raza trying to literally take over aztlan and return the southwest to chicano control etc etc, I think you're taking it too literally.[/quote']

what would you say if i presented you with a map of your country that had areas marked where the invasion was a success>?

So you've seen that firsthand?

And everything I said doesn't deserve an answer? Or you just can't GIVE an answer? I think it's the latter. Besides, if your situation is so bad that you can't save up 1200 dollars to become a legal citizen, then you don't care enough about the country you're moving to. You just aren't good enough in your home country to make a living, and you want to run away. If you really cared about the government in the foreign country, then you would ABIDE BY THE LAWS.

when my boy comes home with 3 bullets in him cause a cop wanted his jacket i call that some first hand shit. same shit happened last summer to one of my boys over a table at a restraunt.

as far as everything else you said, life isn't a easy and simple as i think you're like it to be. the real world is some shit. go ride with the niggas you knockin and then you can come talk about it, until then you keep on thinkin what you think and i'll keep knowing what i've seen. you probally piss 1200 after breakfast, im saying, thats LIFE SAVINGS, the kinda loot you work 30 or 40 years for. get it straight already.

that's wrong to say, but there are over 25 million illegals from mexico here now.

with the population of mexico being 106,202,903 and growing (quickly) it's scary to think what would happen if our borders became wide open.

it's estimated to be more like 12 million illegals total... including non-latinos like asians, whites, blacks, etc... but the VAST MAJORITY of those 12 million illegals are of Hispanic descent...

and before you say it:

no its not practical for most families to save the loot and pass it to the next generation to get legal with cause funerals will usually take about 300-600 and then you living off the rest till the youngins can work.

Do YOU work for half?? I do, and I'm not bitching about it. I can't stand it when people talk about how other people go through hard times and situations, but the person talking about it doesn't go through the same situations. They just know other people who do and pretend that they know what it's like.

Edit: I would also like to know if you are an immigrant to the US. Or any country. If you're not, and you're an American citizen by birth, then you have no idea what it's like to be an immigrant to a foreign country.

let me guess

you wait tables?

when my boy comes home with 3 bullets in him cause a cop wanted his jacket i call that some first hand shit. same shit happened last summer to one of my boys over a table at a restraunt.

as far as everything else you said, life isn't a easy and simple as i think you're like it to be. the real world is some shit. go ride with the niggas you knockin and then you can come talk about it, until then you keep on thinkin what you think and i'll keep knowing what i've seen. you probally piss 1200 after breakfast, im saying, thats LIFE SAVINGS, the kinda loot you work 30 or 40 years for. get it straight already.

So did someone pay the cops 10 dollars to shoot him for his jacket? Cause that's what you first said.

And if 1200 is someone's life savings, then why would they move to a country where 1200 isn't much money at all?

and remember out of that 12 million' date=' many do indeed go back home.[/quote']

yeah temporarily, and then come back due to different season changes effecting the farming industry and whatnot. you think they stay back in mexico for good? i wish.