mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmotorbikes!

RumPuncher

naw, rinehart. thing sounds real nice. loud and tough without sounding like a total small dick jerkoff.

im thinking i might pull the heat shields and wrap them, then just leave it chrome from the exhaust back. either that or possibly just pull it and paint he entire thing black. cant decide.

sucks about your staph dude. fucking lame. they hook you up with narcos?

enjoy your ten days on the couch.

pics of your new bike soon dude.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i took my homie's street bob for a spin the other day, damn i fucked up by not getting one and settling for a nightster. i like my sportie but damn those street bobs is nice. only big thing i would change is mag wheels over the spokes, for a few reasons

i do a lot of city riding but also do a lot of highway riding. me and 2 other homies rode 690 miles in a day once. i mapped out the route and will post it when i find it

i know looks is just an opinion so i don't count that(i like em both). when it comes to keeping them clean, not having to deal with tubes/maintaining spoke tightness, being able to plug a tire on the side of the road, i want some mags. i have been trying to find someone to trade but it's been a pain in the ass, will probably just by a set and put my tires on em

one thing i have read but not 100% sure is that they are more stable(at least at high speeds). now i dont go around doing triple digit speeds all the time but sometimes i will open up the throttle up but around 105-110 it startes to get shaky/wobbly. like i said, i have not found solid evidence but i have read that having mag wheels would fix that problem

i still like the look of them but since i do a good deal of highway riding i wish i had mags

seems like theres a bunch of factors that would cause wobble before spoked wheels, unless they were all out of whack. im definitely no authority though.

i didnt realize there were tubes in spoked wheels. makes sense, ive just never had to change one, so i didnt even think of it.

yea a flat on a tubed wheel sucks. i was riding home and was about a mile away when i noticed the rear feeling very weird. by the time i got home it was almost unrideable. i had picked up a nail

since i was living in an apt and didnt have the tools/jack to take off the wheel i had to have a friend with a truck come and take me to a shop. i tried hooking my air pump up to it to see if it would hold any air but it wouldnt inflate at all.

me and some friends were riding and i noticed his rear was almost flat, we stopped and he pulled out a cheap $5 plug set, plugged it & aired it back up and we were back on the road in less than 10 minutes. he never did have to get it patched either, he rode on that tire for at least another 3 or 4 k miles. if it would have been me or someone with spokes the whole day would have been different.

hell that reason alone makes me want mags over spokes

i rarely take pics cause a. my shit is always dirty b. i forget to when it's clean

i gave some chick a ride home the other day and she took this when i stopped for gas

of80if.jpg

i scrubbed it clean for like an hour yesterday but when i thought about pics it was already dark

derp

been raining so i got some work in on the bike...

MS3pb_bikeside1.jpg

lifted the tank

internally wired the bars.

new mirrors, flipped.

moved the turn signals next to the foot controls. wasnt my original plan, but worked out good.

52qW8_bikeside2.jpg

originally i was gunna mount them under the controls, but jack ass who put em on stripped the bolt, so i couldnt take the controls off to mount the signals. realized i had some 39mm fork tube clamps from my sportster, and the downtubes on the bike are 39mm. bingo. mounted em to the downtube. fits perfect.

-dont ask about the shifter peg.

T567Y_bikefront.jpg

bars all cleaned up from the front. shit looks way better.

ok, thats all i got for today. fuck rain.

I'd say the thruxton is as comfortable as I would ever want a bike. You could definitely romp around all day on that without getting any sores. Bonneville's another great bike if thats what you're going for. You'll sacrifice an inch of ground clearance for a banana seat and risers, making the bike useful for every day commuting/barhopping/touring/etc. The scrambler is a great choice too. Actually out of the three it's my first choice. Just watch that fork shutter on heavy braking. Long squishy "dualsport" brakes like that are a fucking bitch.

JUST keep in mind that both of these bikes are great fun HOWEVER they dont have the ground clearance, braking and supensions of sportbikes you could easily afford for the same money. When you buy a retro bike like this, you are sacrificing the opportunity to drag your knees and rip the shit out of canyons. And if you're into old triumphs, im guessing you're also into Ray Eames chairs so heed your hipster hero, "What works good is better than what looks good, because what works good lasts."

That said I have been riding a brilliant CB900C, which is fun for burnouts, skids, drag races, splitting lanes, getting airborn in san francisco, looking cool etc. But this bitch has zero ground clearance and fucking sucks in the corners, and I havent figured out what I'm going to do about it because the bike weighs 600 lbs and stiffening up the suspension would make that an unruly amount of weight.

What I really want now is an R1 and a DRZ 400 SM. Best road bikes in the world if you ask me.