mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmotorbikes!

RumPuncher

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Everyone should do yoga. It's pretty calming and doing wonders for my knee.

In other news looks like my motor is packed up and ready to be reused.... possibly. Somehow the stator came in contact with the rotor/flywheel and wore down the windings until I lost continuity and lost the ability to provide power. Lots of reasons why it could have happened. Maybe poor tolerances on the stator. It didn’t help that I left out the alternator cover gasket which brought the cover closer by the thickness of the gasket. I'm also guessing that the cheap ebay stator cover could've poorly situated the stator as well. I suspect assembling the stator might involve a test to see if there is contact and then some shim activity although the manual doesn’t let on with that secret. I have to learn the hard way.

So I'm looking at about another $500 in parts. $100 for the stator, plus some non ebay rearsets and other crap and I'll be in business.

Congrats.

Anyone here on a dyna? Triple? Thinking about picking up a street bob in the spring for longer trips/ highway riding. They suitable for shit like that, or just a bigger sportster?

o the blasphemy of a Suzuki blvd. lol. a street bob is a few steps up from a sporty. they can be used for long runs or commuting around town. getting the right bars and seat are on you. get what fits and not just what looks good.(i really dont follow this, just giving basic advice.) its also about your style of riding as well.(bars) are you riding in a pack or single. is your lady ridin with you or not.(seat). thats about all i have for you seeks. ride it like you stole it.

if you have or get a sporty buy some used road king shocks and throw them on. they can be bought for less than hundred on ebay and it turns the sporty into a fuckin caddy. i had the stock suspension and just put some RK shocks on mine and i wish i would have done it as soon as i bought my sporty. all you need is a couple washers on top and bottom so it doesn't rub on the rear fender

went ridin the other day

pic taken by shitty cell phone camera

23jnwh0.jpg

photoshop by my nigga groyn shmoyn, blocking out done by me. ha

i still need to put some 4 or 6 inch risers and move the speedo, and clean up the wiring/cables. also wanna ditch both factory mirrors and get a single circular one

bring on the hate, i know it's comin :yuck:

dad got a new bike. 1985 fxr, bored out to 98ci, over 1500cc, lowered. 35k miles on the bike, 10k on the new engine. payed 5500, nothing wrong with it. runs perfect

4909024002_178f66ee33_z.jpg

4909022134_f9810ebd11_z.jpg

4909020474_55c8a57099_z.jpg

lowered from the stock 13 inch springs to 11 inch springs. had to lift the back up just to get it off the trailer :lol:

4908423037_813a9c112f_z.jpg

stolen part? the guy who sold it to us built it himself and he owns a bike shop, so i hope theres a reason for this

4908421975_3ccfa08492_z.jpg

dont have plates yet

4909016164_616969e1d8_z.jpg

chrome twisted spokes.

shoulda gotten a detail pic of the custom paint job on the tank.

the neighbor has a jap bike, when we cranked this and revved it up and went back inside, he came out and revved his and walked back inside ashamed hahah