<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Holy shit, blast from the past! Wow.

Nah, not for a while. We've been hopping from shitty PC to shitty PC for the past year. We're down to our last thread though (running off this LiveCD in order to use the web), so i plan on buying a new PC soon.

Why do you ask?

i remember a few of them, and how they had me dying laughing.

okay..so i downloaded winRAR and it seems to work fine..but....heres the problem.

whenever i download an album,and go to open it up through Itunes(just happens to be the music player i use..maybe thats the problem?) .....it says that the file i have selected cannot be found, and it wont play! BUT ...i can open up winRAR...click on the file....open it...click any song from the album...and it brings up ITUNES and plays the song. What in the fuck is going on here...

and bare with me folk...like i said im fucking clueless to this shit.... youre help shall be rewarded with many riches......

Guest shai_hulud
Well, i finally figured out that comcast's sandvine operations were thwarting my

seeding efforts, anyone have any tips, tricks, or ideas on how to get around this

gigantic fuck face known as sandvine??!?!?

I have good news and bad news.

The good news is yes, it can be done. Bad news is, it's time consuming.

------------

The targets of this post are Windows users that want their BitTorrent connections free of Sandvine's meddling.

The first thing you are going to have to do is install a real firewall, like the Windows port of FreeBSD's IPFW. Download WIPFW from sourceforge <sourceforge.net>. Unzip the contents into a location where the files can live, like C:\Program Files\wipfw\.

Run the install-deny.cmd.

Now, you are ready to configure your new firewall. In the folder where you have WIPFW living, you will see a file called wipfw.conf. Open this in your favorite text editor or notepad, if you don't have a favorite. Replace the contents of this file with the following, substituting 6883 with your BitTorrent port:

# First flush the firewall rules

-f flush

# Allow all internal (loopback) network communications.

add 100 allow all from any to any via lo*

# Prevent any traffic to 127.0.0.1, common in localhost spoofing

add 110 deny log all from any to 127.0.0.0/8 in

add 110 deny log all from 127.0.0.0/8 to any in

# Drop incoming packets with RST flag on BitTorrent port

# This is what thwarts Sandvine.

add drop tcp from any to me 6883 tcpflags rst

# Setup stateful filtering

add check-state

add pass all from me to any out keep-state

add count log ip from any to any

# Allow new incoming BitTorrent connections

add allow tcp from any to me 6883

add allow udp from any to me 6883

Open the command prompt and enter net stop ipfw & net start ipfw. Your computer will now be ignoring Sandvine's methods.

NOTE: In this configuration, WIPFW drops all other incoming connections and allows all outgoing connections.

-----------------

Then go to http://www.opendns.com and set up a new domain name server. They have instructions on the site to guide you along.

Good luck.

i did dude, and then i got it to work 10 minutes ago, and it never saved. i'm going to flip out man i need this done else i can't get off work, well i'm at my crib right now but my boss man thinks im somewhere else, regardless i need this done to show him. fuck shit

i hate flash/java/oracle. glad i dropped out of college for that shit.

Guest shai_hulud
i did dude, and then i got it to work 10 minutes ago, and it never saved. i'm going to flip out man i need this done else i can't get off work, well i'm at my crib right now but my boss man thinks im somewhere else, regardless i need this done to show him. fuck shit

i hate flash/java/oracle. glad i dropped out of college for that shit.

Cosigned. I like Oracle, they're okay. Java and Flash are annoying.

Try clearing your cookies and history. Maybe there's something in the buffer that's preventing it from letting you proceed.

Oh, and save next time. But you knew that.

Some sites get funky if you don't do things exactly right the first time. I tried to apply for a job online, and I made one tiny mistake and the whole process went down in flames.

I have good news and bad news.

The good news is yes, it can be done. Bad news is, it's time consuming.

------------

The targets of this post are Windows users that want their BitTorrent connections free of Sandvine's meddling.

The first thing you are going to have to do is install a real firewall, like the Windows port of FreeBSD's IPFW. Download WIPFW from sourceforge <sourceforge.net>. Unzip the contents into a location where the files can live, like C:\Program Files\wipfw\.

Run the install-deny.cmd.

Now, you are ready to configure your new firewall. In the folder where you have WIPFW living, you will see a file called wipfw.conf. Open this in your favorite text editor or notepad, if you don't have a favorite. Replace the contents of this file with the following, substituting 6883 with your BitTorrent port:

# First flush the firewall rules

-f flush

# Allow all internal (loopback) network communications.

add 100 allow all from any to any via lo*

# Prevent any traffic to 127.0.0.1, common in localhost spoofing

add 110 deny log all from any to 127.0.0.0/8 in

add 110 deny log all from 127.0.0.0/8 to any in

# Drop incoming packets with RST flag on BitTorrent port

# This is what thwarts Sandvine.

add drop tcp from any to me 6883 tcpflags rst

# Setup stateful filtering

add check-state

add pass all from me to any out keep-state

add count log ip from any to any

# Allow new incoming BitTorrent connections

add allow tcp from any to me 6883

add allow udp from any to me 6883

Open the command prompt and enter net stop ipfw & net start ipfw. Your computer will now be ignoring Sandvine's methods.

NOTE: In this configuration, WIPFW drops all other incoming connections and allows all outgoing connections.

-----------------

Then go to http://www.opendns.com and set up a new domain name server. They have instructions on the site to guide you along.

Good luck.

what does going through the steps with opendns do?