<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

Spectr, for that price I would suggest waiting for the new Fuji F40fd, that is seriously giving me buyers remorse over my crappy Nikon Coolpix S6 for a couple of reasons, it's super high ISO's so you can get those in the dark shots, superior face detection hardware, and a host of other high end features for it's price. It's been available at 299.99 on Amazon for pre-order for the last month. I like my Nikon, but there are some newer ones out (from Nikon) that I wish I looked at a bit more as they were out when I bought mine. There's always something else in the pipeline, this Fuji looks like it's going to be on top of the pile for a while.

Ok shit.. I might have to look into this... any other ideas on something really nice for that price range?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

wait... one question why does vista fucking suck so fucking much? no seriously, microsoft expects people to pay for this shit? I got to downgrade my boys laptop he just got to xp pro...

no I am really serious about this.. this has to be one of the biggest pains in the asses I have ever experienced...

no its not hard... its actully really easy... its just the lack of a blank cd... since I seem to have mispaced my copy of dban.... but no vista really sucks... I honestly have to say that... it is just a shitty os...

why use that crap (serious?) NO DATA NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES IT HAS BEEN WRITTEN OVER< THE DATA IS STILL THERE POLICE AND FBI ARE NOT STUPID THE HARDDRIVE WAS DESIGNED TO STORE DATA FOREVER THE ONLY WAY TO GET RID OF BAD DATA IS TO BREAK IT INTO TINY LITTLE PIECES AND MELT IT

so again do not waste time on wiping hardrives if they want the data 10000% of the time they will get what they need

so be normal and just delete the hardrive like normal with takes a few minutes and reinstall or install whatever you want

OKay seriously. If anyone has a camera question just ask me from now on...

Don't buy a fucking Fuji anything, Fuji is just Olympus' budget company. So chances are you can get the same camera but better in an Olyumpus.

Second of all, Canon is by far, period, the best point and shoot manufacturer there is. PERIOD. For 299.99 you can get a SD800IS which is probably one of, if not THE best compact point and shoot on the market.

Casio is probably second right now, all their Exlim models are on point as fuck. Get a S700, that's what Lens has, and it rocks fucking hard.

Anyway, Sonys are overpriced and overly complicated. Don't buy one.

so again do not waste time on wiping hardrives if they want the data 10000% of the time they will get what they need

in my situation, first they'd have to recover the data that had been wiped, then they'd have to break the aes encryption that's present on the drive. but to even get that far, they'd have to make it through the door.

realistically, if you were being pursed by any LE, they would have already obtained a wiretap warrant and have logs of your communications and actions, which would be admissible in court. what you have on the hard drive is really inconsequential at that point.

I have no idea, I just plugged it in ages ago, and it read it as having photos on it. I didn't format it from memory (you can have a guess as to whether the previous owner did or not). I can't see it being a formatting problem, as when I put it in initially it works fine, just subsequent entries don't get read.

Another question, I have Nero 7, and was wondering how when you add multiple video files, you can stop the titles from having a pause while they change from one file to another? Because I just want it to continuously play like a normal dvd (or maybe chapterise it but without the lag like a normal dvd). Hope you can make sense of that, because I am having trouble saying it.

What no link??

Slacking casek!!!!

Just kidding!!

Thanks man, but what does this program do exactly??

And Seffiks, why are you apologizing about not being on? It is all good, we all understand your life does not revolve around this place, and what you contribute is appreciated. Just come on when you can, that is enough.

/rant over.

Yeah, I was thinking it might be a bit gay.

All I know is that it is formatted as Canon DV1. I rebooted and it now works.

Who knows why it won't work? I give up.

Anyway, i was going to have the long distance smokathon with Casek last night, that is why I was gonna post this pic......

382675756_1ff9315981.jpg?v=0

Okay, I have a question.

I'm using BitComet for downloading torrents. I'm trying to download Rome season 2 episode 2, but it's not working.

What happened is that I had downloaded and opened the torrent a while back, but then mistakenly deleted it. Now, anytime I try to download and re-open the torrent, it says "Torrent task exists!" in a window and nothing happens.

How do I solve this?

Guest R@ndomH3ro
Okay, I have a question.

I'm using BitComet for downloading torrents. I'm trying to download Rome season 2 episode 2, but it's not working.

What happened is that I had downloaded and opened the torrent a while back, but then mistakenly deleted it. Now, anytime I try to download and re-open the torrent, it says "Torrent task exists!" in a window and nothing happens.

How do I solve this?

Go into program files under bittorrent and delete the old torrent file....it should be a bittorrent icon that says Rome season 2. Or do a search

Guest R@ndomH3ro

Why Does Skype Read the BIOS?

"Myria at pagetable.com, among others, noticed that Skype reads the machine's BIOS code on startup. This probably would've gone unnoticed if the operation didn't fail on 64-bit windows. From the post: 'It's dumping your system BIOS, which usually includes your motherboard's serial number, and pipes it to the Skype application. I have no idea what they're using it for, or whether they send anything to their servers, but I bet whatever they're doing is no good given their track record... If they hadn't been ignorant of Win64's lack of NTVDM, nobody would've noticed this happening.'"

-slashdot