<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

Guest R@ndomH3ro
i cant log onto myspace, but the mr. can.. it gives me this message..

The page isn't redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

* This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept

cookies.

but ive deleted all the private data, added allow cookies on the acception tab, rebooted..even checked out our security program ..and see no problems

are you sure its Myspace???

there is a phishing site that looks just like it

check your firewall too......

If cookies are inabled....it might just be that the server is busy or timing out

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

yeah its not the phishing site. i even logged out of his account and went directly to home. its done this all day long. but he can log right in with no problem after i try. so im not really sure what the deal is. and im not having any problems with other sites..

and whats even stranger. it wont take my to my home page where i can check bullitens and my messages..but it will take me to all the other parts of myspace

Guest R@ndomH3ro
yeah its not the phishing site. i even logged out of his account and went directly to home. its done this all day long. but he can log right in with no problem after i try. so im not really sure what the deal is. and im not having any problems with other sites..

and whats even stranger. it wont take my to my home page where i can check bullitens and my messages..but it will take me to all the other parts of myspace

Sounds like a gay Myspace problem (just in case clear your cookies and try) they are horrible at keeping servers up.....plus all the emo kids that flood that site to check their page like every couple of minutes is probably not helping

I tried to figure this out, but not gaining any ground.. I have AT&T for my DSL, but it won't let me use Mozilla Firefox which sucks 'cuz their browser crashes non-stop..

This pops up when I try to use Firefox: Check the proxy settings to make sure that they are correct.

Guest R@ndomH3ro
I tried to figure this out, but not gaining any ground.. I have AT&T for my DSL, but it won't let me use Mozilla Firefox which sucks 'cuz their browser crashes non-stop..

This pops up when I try to use Firefox: Check the proxy settings to make sure that they are correct.

Go to "Tools" in Firefox

"options"

click on the "advanced tab"

and hit "settings" under connection....then click auto detect proxy..."apply" close down firefox and then open it up....it should work.

Go to "Tools" in Firefox

"options"

click on the "advanced tab"

and hit "settings" under connection....then click auto detect proxy..."apply" close down firefox and then open it up....it should work.

Fucking right on.. What do you want for next X-mas??

Anything I can from a .99 store..

Guest R@ndomH3ro

Want to back up your bookmarks in Firefox....wish you could take them with you to every computer.

Try this!! http://www.foxmarks.com/

The Foxmarks Bookmark Synchronizer automatically synchronizes your bookmarks between two or more computers running Firefox. It also lets you access your bookmarks from any computer anytime via my.foxmarks.com. An easy-to-use wizard guides you through the quick startup process. Then Foxmarks works silently in the background to keep your bookmarks up-to-date on all your computers.

Simple. Solid. Free. And ready to use.

Guest R@ndomH3ro
that's my question dude

I guess if you know every users name...you could put commas inbetween...other then that.....your looking into codeland...and I dont think the mods and the admins would allow users to do that.

Sorry

Guest R@ndomH3ro
damn wtg sneak holdin down the fort

I was on....so what the hell....all these questions are really helping me retain my computer knowledge or helping me learn something new.

Guest R@ndomH3ro
a clean install. i did last night actually. Now sould i install Norton AntiVirus 2007? or should i still go to AVG? or AVAST?

Dude Avast....duh.....anything else is garbage.