<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
here's a question i have for you guys though...

my touchpad on my laptop is always making my firewall tell me that suspicious behavior is taking place when i use the virtual scroll for the first time after startup. its ok to let that through, yeah?

yeah, you should be safe. your firewall sounds sensitive. good.

hard drives seem ok? both comps boot to prompt?

maybe no operating system. maybe bad hard drives.

maybe bad ram. could be alot of things. one day when you have some free time, get hem out.

one at a time would be preferable. we can guide you through the steps to test both out.

once you learn it on one, shouldn't be a big deal on the other.

something else you can do, download and burn an iso of a livecd such as ubuntu live.

would be beneficial.

vapors reset the bios to default

what OS is installed on the 2 computers win 9x takes different measures to boot then win 2k

if they were givin to yo you prolly did not get all the hardware most likley missing RAM

Ok, i'm pretty sure i remember booting each with HDs i knew worked AND had windows properly installed on. Also reset and played with the BIOS. Also tested with taking a stick of RAM out, test, another out with that last one in, test, etc. Perhaps i shoudl get off my lazy ass.

Uhm, i dont think this is a bandwidth issue, unless you mean a bandwidth/download cap on the other end (site you're downloading off of). I know this one site i frequent only allows 2 downloads at a time. Once one finishes, the next in queue starts up.

Some1, are you saying when you try to download more than one file at a time, they dont start downloading? Or do you get a message of sorts? Cuz basically you're not suppose to be limited to only one download at a time on any PC.

BTW, i use a download manager (FlashGet) for big and/or multiple downloads.

i just recently got some access to some webspace and i need an ftp client. i havent really fucked around with this type of shit for... um... i stopped when CSS started being used a lot i think.

anyway -- the only program i remember for ftp is cuteftp.. and im going to use ipswitch until something else gets recommended.. um, any recommendations?

i just recently got some access to some webspace and i need an ftp client. i havent really fucked around with this type of shit for... um... i stopped when CSS started being used a lot i think.

anyway -- the only program i remember for ftp is cuteftp.. and im going to use ipswitch until something else gets recommended.. um, any recommendations?

nigga, for a german you sure do stammer alot. america done got to you, huh?

heben Sie Ihr Kinn oben an, wir sind besser als diese Schweinamerikaner

yeah, but that doesn't mean i'm not allowed to stammer in their language.

haha. it means wir sind Deutsche! die Deutschen haben das beste Bier, die besten Uhren, die besten Schokoladen, und Frauen, die drei tausend anheben können, zerstoßen Kuh und töten sie mit ihren bloßen Händen! wir gewinnen!

Government spooks helped Microsoft build Vista

Helping a Vole out of a hole

By Nick Farrell: Tuesday 09 January 2007, 14:26

THE USA GOVERNMENT'S cryptologic organisation, the National Security Agency, has admitted that it is behind some of the security changes to Microsoft's operating system Vista.

According to the Washington Post, the agency which was once so secret that it was jokingly referred to as 'No such Agency' has admitted making 'unspecified contributions' to Vista.

Tony Sager, the NSA's chief of vulnerability analysis and operations group, told the Post that it was the agency's intention to help everyone these days.

The NSA used a red and a blue team to pull apart the software. The red team posed as "the determined, technically competent adversary" to disrupt, corrupt or steal information. The Blue team helped Defense Department system administrators with Vista's configuration.

Vole said that it has sought help from the NSA over the last four years. Apparently its skills can be seen in the Windows XP consumer version and the Windows Server 2003 for corporate customers.

The assistance is at the US taxpayers' expense, although the NSA says it all makes perfect sense. Not only is the NSA protecting United States business, its own Defense Department uses VoleWare so it is in the government's interest to make sure it is as secure as possible.

Microsoft is not the only one to tap the spooks. Apple, with its Mac OSX operating system, and Novell with its SUSE Linux also asked the NSA what it thought of their products. The NSA is quite good at finding weapons of mass destruction that are not there.

http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=36814