<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Re: «<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support >>>

Tesseract::

hey when this goes to page 100 rename it

<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Roger that chief.

So heres another weird question from me.

I'm in desperate need of making a video file thats just what happens on my screen.

A friend told me that the best way to do that is to use this software called fraps

Fraps has an AMAZING quality is recording full screen games but unfortunately it ONLY does that, records video game screens...i wanna record a whole work session of an application lets say photoshop. I'm guessing theres something that happens when you run a video game that triggers fraps to recognise said window. Do you guys think theres a way to fool fraps to record video from another app window?!

thanx in advance.

How to Stop Firefox Popups

Firefox has long been my web browser of choice. Features such as tabbed browsing, multiple extensions, and intelligent popup blocking make it the most usable browser available.

Lately, however, it seems that more and more popups are managing to get through. I did some checking, and it seems that the Macromedia Flash plugin allows webmasters to launch popups in a way that bypasses Firefox’s built-in blocking mechanism.

Fortunately, there’s a way you can get around it. Here’s what you have to do:

1. Type “about:config” into the Firefox location bar.

2. Right-click on the page and select “New–> Integer”

3. Name the new value “privacy.popups.disable_from_plugins”

4. Set the value to 2.

In case you’re interested, the other possible values are:

· 0: Allow all popups from plugins.

· 1: Allow popups, but limit them to dom.popup_maximum.

· 2: Block popups from plugins.

· 3: Block popups from plugins, even on whitelisted sites.

Casek, thanks alot man..that sounds promising but it looks it just aint my day...

I dled the torrent but didnt have the chance to try it since all i'm getting since then

is blue screens of death on each reboot. I'm on safe mode now just to report these

stop signs to you guys...

0X000000EA(0X88A52DA8,0X8869FCE8,0XB7EFBCBC,0X00000001)

0X000000EA(0X88643020,0X89C0AC08,0XF78C2CBC,0X00000001)

0X000000EA(OX887A7DA8,0X887D8738,0XF78C6CBC,0X00000001)

0x000000EA(0X885F8188,0X887C4CC8,0XF78BECBC,0X00000001)

My computer was fine up until i installed, frap, after that i installed the prey demo(which worked fine in the past) to check how frap works and the whole crazy business started after a friend pluged his ipod on the comp(first time i lost the screen) rebooted, everything was fine, tried tp play a video and lost the screen again..eversince then i only get blue screens unless on safemode. I did try system restore to like 3 days ago and no dice...

wow, dude. something went horribly wrong (as i'm sure you assumed).

Error message: STOP 0x000000EA THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER

CAUSE

This issue might occur if the display driver is caught in an infinite loop while it waits for the video hardware to become idle. This issue typically indicates a problem with the video hardware or that the display driver cannot program the hardware correctly.

Back to the top Back to the top

RESOLUTION

To resolve this issue, obtain and install the most current driver for your video adapter, or replace your video card.

it's not really a big deal.

Im having problems with fire fox.

I went to the popcap web site to play some games. It said i needed to dl a flash or java thing to play the games. So I did and installed the little program. So I go back into firefox to play these fantastic games and it says that i still need to dl a flash or java thing to play the games. The games play just fine in IE but nothing goes down in Firefox.

Also I bought the version of the game so i could play it non stop for $20. They sent me my password and all that shit to type in so they can activate my game i have dl on my comp.

well that doesnt work either. The connection my computer makes with popcap keeps fucking up and wont go through. Me thinks firefox is behind all this. What do i need to do to get this shit to work?

I want to play more zuma.

Im having problems with fire fox.

I went to the popcap web site to play some games. It said i needed to dl a flash or java thing to play the games. So I did and installed the little program. So I go back into firefox to play these fantastic games and it says that i still need to dl a flash or java thing to play the games. The games play just fine in IE but nothing goes down in Firefox.

Also I bought the version of the game so i could play it non stop for $20. They sent me my password and all that shit to type in so they can activate my game i have dl on my comp.

well that doesnt work either. The connection my computer makes with popcap keeps fucking up and wont go through. Me thinks firefox is behind all this. What do i need to do to get this shit to work?

I want to play more zuma.

Try Opera. http://www.opera.com It seems to be a lot more stable then Firefox. I prefer it over Firefox personally, so I admit there's a bias here.

Just so you know, I agree with Mainter that Firefox is a excellent project/browser, but as of late it seems to be plagued with stability issues.

Appreciated, for all it counts, fraps delivers a breathtaking quality grab, up to 1152 x 864 and 100 fps!!!

Not for me though.

six more replies to 100th page and i'm going to sleep...so ejoy dudes, this thread is really awesome.

Welcome To The SuperThread

PC Support

Get all your Windows, Hardware, Networking, and software support questions answered here

PC Tips and Tricks, Modding

Linux/Unix Support

Get all your Linux/Unix questions answered here

Linux/Unix Tips and Tricks

Mac Support

Get all your mac questions answered here

Mac Tips and Tricks

Electronics

Get all your questions on MP3 players, Digital Cameras, Digital Video Cameras, TV's, etc. answered here

hey for the viewers what the hell do you want to see posted here add yer comments

What Do You Want To See Here

Computer Graphics

Computer Hardware

Computer Security

Computers

Cyberculture

Databases

Embedded Systems

Encryption

Firefox

Hacking

IT

Instant Messaging

Internet

Internet Tools

Java

Linux/Unix

MacOS

Mobile Computing

Multimedia

Network Security

Online Games

Open Source

Operating systems

P2P

PHP

Peripheral Devices

Perl

Programming

Shareware

Software

Supercomputing

Video Games

Web Development

Webhosting

Weblogs

Windows

Guest spectr

well i have 2 huge dat files i need to convert to divx? i tried a couple programs like advanced x video convertor and River Past Video Cleaner with no success. anyone know how i can do this?