<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

This post introduces a new tool for uncovering the individual keys from Microsoft's DRM blackbox components ("IBX"), up to version 11.0.6000.6324. Lacking the source code to the extant programs, I can only offer this output of my own efforts.

To actualize fair use rights with the new IBX, first run 'mirakagi' which will enter the IBX keys into the FairUse4WM blackbox-keys.txt text file.

Next, you should use the attached version of FairUse4WM, 1.3Fix-2. This includes an important fix for a video corruption bug, often seen in scenes affording high compression.

If problems occur, please provide the program text. IBX versions after 11.0.6000.6324 are not currently supported.

This version should be capable of interfacing with both Windows Vista and Zune software versions.

Download links

FileSend

zUpload

Files-Upload

zShare

QuickSharing

SendSpace

ShareBee

MD5 hash 0d5eaa7f8010e1293221a320943adb7e

So, since i haven't found anyone that can help me, i thought i'd just start over from scratch with a fresh install of XP (i was going ot do it anyway), but since my optical drive i sbusted, and i can't boot from a USB dvdrom drive (this BIOS doesn't allow it), can i COMPLETELY install a fresh copy of Windows WITHOUT the need for any optical drives? I see you can pop in an XP cd while in windows and it will give you the option to install, but does this method need the drive at all for installation? Because if it needs to reboot at any point and boot from a cd drive, i'm fucked.

Wow, for people who are self-proclaimed tech support, you guys fucking suck. I don't need you to be a douche and push a dif OS. Suggesting is one thing, but ignoring my questions and simply bashing me for using an OS is just stupid.

And Seffiks, did you not read my fucking post at all? Setup boot discs? Buy a new drive? I CANT USE BOOT DISKS GENIUS. I CANT BOOT FROM EXTERNAL DRIVES.

I don't know why i ask anything in here, it never gets resolved.

Wow, for people who are self-proclaimed tech support, you guys fucking suck. I don't need you to be a douche and push a dif OS. Suggesting is one thing, but ignoring my questions and simply bashing me for using an OS is just stupid.

And Seffiks, did you not read my fucking post at all? Setup boot discs? Buy a new drive? I CANT USE BOOT DISKS GENIUS. I CANT BOOT FROM EXTERNAL DRIVES.

I don't know why i ask anything in here, it never gets resolved.

chill the fuck out or pay someone. this is voluntary work. we do have other jobs and other pressing things on our minds.

being ungrateful gets you nowhere. fast.

chill the fuck out or pay someone. this is voluntary work. we do have other jobs and other pressing things on our minds.

being ungrateful gets you nowhere. fast.

I understand and respect all that, but instead of not even reading the problem and posting a broad and inaccurate reply to it, you could just say you don't know or are to busy to look into it (not you). Its just annoying when people offer help, so you ask away, only to receive half-assed, irrelevant answers.

I understand and respect all that, but instead of not even reading the problem and posting a broad and inaccurate reply to it, you could just say you don't know or are to busy to look into it (not you). Its just annoying when people offer help, so you ask away, only to receive half-assed, irrelevant answers.

tell me what kind of dell you have. i think dell uses ati graphics cards.

it's not that hard to change shit like that. can't be fucked up that badly.

i've got some time to look into it.

I know what you mean, and i'm not that dumb at all. Its a Dell Inspiron 9100 with ATI Mobility Radeon 9700. Though, i've seen to have kinda sorta fixed the prob. I have the resolution back to normal, but only without any ati driver installed (otherwise it blacks out when i change the resolution and an external monitor is needed).

But how about my other question? I'd much rather wipe this laptop clean as it has that stupid "Service Pack 3" version of XP (by Amit). And i think that's actually why ATI can't detect what OS i'm using in order to install the correct driver.

i thought i'd just start over from scratch with a fresh install of XP (i was going ot do it anyway), but since my optical drive i sbusted, and i can't boot from a USB dvdrom drive (this BIOS doesn't allow it), can i COMPLETELY install a fresh copy of Windows WITHOUT the need for any optical drives? I see you can pop in an XP cd while in windows and it will give you the option to install, but does this method need the drive at all for installation? Because if it needs to reboot at any point and boot from a cd drive, i'm fucked.

ok, yeah. service pack 3 is crap. you should've never installed an unofficial pack like that.

yes, the disc drive is required for an install. that's what you need to be working on. getting the disc drive to function during bootup.

i'd recommend tinyxp platinum 2 for a new OS.

can you uninstall that sp3?

Oh, i know. I wouldn't have ever installed that crap! That's what the laptop had installed when i got it. And no, unfortunately its not a simple service pack, its all slipstreamed into the OS from scratch.

And that sucks that you need a rom drive. Hm...maybe i'll buy a replacement and hope it works. Would you agree it would work fine considering that my current one is recognized by windows, and spins and all as is? Just simply doesn't read anything?

Oh, i know. I wouldn't have ever installed that crap! That's what the laptop had installed when i got it. And no, unfortunately its not a simple service pack, its all slipstreamed into the OS from scratch.

And that sucks that you need a rom drive. Hm...maybe i'll buy a replacement and hope it works. Would you agree it would work fine considering that my current one is recognized by windows, and spins and all as is? Just simply doesn't read anything?

have you tried cleaning it? if so, and you've tried it on other computers, then yeah go get a new drive and try it out.

you can always take it back under the guise of "this doesn't work"

Itsw a modular drive so i cant test it on other pcs, otherwise i would have. I also have never cleaned a drive lens before as im afraid to. Some people say use alcohol, while others say using alcohol will kill the lens. Would a simple lens cleaner disc do the same job?

Itsw a modular drive so i cant test it on other pcs, otherwise i would have. I also have never cleaned a drive lens before as im afraid to. Some people say use alcohol, while others say using alcohol will kill the lens. Would a simple lens cleaner disc do the same job?

should be great for it. they ahve tiny bristles to spin around and clean the lense.

sooooooooooo, guess who has a question...

at work we have a laptop that runs off an ethernet cord. i can connect to hotmail fine through that.

today i bought a wireless router so i can connect with my laptop (macbook). i can not get into hotmail either through entourage, or directly through the hotmail.com page. we had an older router that gave me the same problem, but i was hoping with the new one, that it would somehow fix the situation. i can connect to gmail fine, even through entourage, it's just hotmail. is there some sort of port setting or something i need to change? also, it only happens here at work. on any other wireless signal i dont have the problem.

any ideas?

sooooooooooo, guess who has a question...

at work we have a laptop that runs off an ethernet cord. i can connect to hotmail fine through that.

today i bought a wireless router so i can connect with my laptop (macbook). i can not get into hotmail either through entourage, or directly through the hotmail.com page. we had an older router that gave me the same problem, but i was hoping with the new one, that it would somehow fix the situation. i can connect to gmail fine, even through entourage, it's just hotmail. is there some sort of port setting or something i need to change? also, it only happens here at work. on any other wireless signal i dont have the problem.

any ideas?

turn off UPnP on the router.

props on the sarcasm.

what kind of router is it, again? dlink, linksys, _____?

STOCKHOLM, Sweden - She is a latecomer to the information superhighway, but 75-year-old Sigbritt Lothberg is now cruising the Internet with a dizzying speed.Lothberg's 40 gigabits-per-second fiber-optic connection in Karlstad is believed to be the fastest residential uplink in the world, Karlstad city officials said.

In less than 2 seconds, Lothberg can download a full-length movie on her home computer —many thousand times faster than most residential connections, said Hafsteinn Jonsson, head of the Karlstad city network unit.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19832184/wid/11915829?GT1=10150

no sarcasm.

netgear.

where would i find the upnp at? on the routerhomepage thing?

yeah, on that. 192.168.1.1 (usually)

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/windowsmessenger/expert/NetgearMR814.mspx

should look like that.

if that doesn't solve it, i've got something else you can try.

you have to change the MTU on your router from 1496 or whatever to 1400

first, try the upnp thing.

STOCKHOLM, Sweden - She is a latecomer to the information superhighway, but 75-year-old Sigbritt Lothberg is now cruising the Internet with a dizzying speed.Lothberg's 40 gigabits-per-second fiber-optic connection in Karlstad is believed to be the fastest residential uplink in the world, Karlstad city officials said.

In less than 2 seconds, Lothberg can download a full-length movie on her home computer —many thousand times faster than most residential connections, said Hafsteinn Jonsson, head of the Karlstad city network unit.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19832184/wid/11915829?GT1=10150

i found my new wife.

tried upnp, it didnt fix it.

whats the other option?

also, again, im on a mac, not sure if that changes anything.

oh, and should i turn upnp back on? will having it off adversly affect other stuffs?

oh, oh, if you somehow sneak aids into this advice you're giving me, i will be most displeased.

tried upnp, it didnt fix it.

whats the other option?

also, again, im on a mac, not sure if that changes anything.

not really. on your routers webpage do you see a box that says "MTU"

and has a number beside it that might read 1496? if so, change it to 1400.

it's in WAN settings, i think

also, make sure your router isn't blocking secure (SSL) sites.

setting somewhere on that netgear page.

here's a confusing page

http://en.tldp.org/HOWTO/IP-Masquerade-HOWTO/mtu-issues.html

let me know if none of this works.

p.s.: why didn't you get BOP status on it?

edit: have you flashed the router to the newest firmware? not to take care of this problem, but to make sure you're as secure as possible.